Vezna31
Up to 24 registrations!! driving.gif

About half-way to beak-even.
race914
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Jul 21 2006, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 21 2006, 09:32 AM) *

So who's in so far?

Not enough people yet. C'mon, guys!! clap56.gif

So who all is in? Curious on how many 914s will be running?

Testing my new Fluidyne Oil Cooler for the upcoming SCCA Vintage Event at Laguna Seca and would be glad to give any 914club members a ride since Leadfoot allows this!!! thumb3d.gif

Click to view attachment

First come first serve!! The line starts here!!

Who's In??

nine14cats
I am in.

Too bad we couldn't add the Star Mazda....I like doing the drag stip thing out of it up to "lost hill".... burnout.gif

Bill P.
Vezna31
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Aug 9 2006, 10:51 AM) *

I am in.

Too bad we couldn't add the Star Mazda....I like doing the drag stip thing out of it up to "lost hill".... burnout.gif

Bill P.

Maybe next time. We tentatively have a date on December 17 and we'll probably run a different configuration, so we'll take all the feedback into consideration when we make the choice. Glad to see you registered! smile.gif
race914
Bill,

Glad to see you sign up!

Sound's like it won't be 115 degrees like when we ran together at BW in June! And that's a good thing!

This should be a great day. I forwarded the signup info to the PCA CCCR email list and hope we get a few signups from that club. They just ran BW in June and I'm hoping some want to come back for another 'round'.

Greg
Vezna31
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 9 2006, 11:10 AM) *

Bill,

Glad to see you sign up!

Sound's like it won't be 115 degrees like when we ran together at BW in June! And that's a good thing!

This should be a great day. I forwarded the signup info to the PCA CCCR email list and hope we get a few signups from that club. They just ran BW in June and I'm hoping some want to come back for another 'round'.

Greg

The weather trend is looking to be around 90-95 for next Friday. aktion035.gif
Allan
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Aug 9 2006, 11:12 AM) *

The weather trend is looking to be around 90-95 for next Friday. aktion035.gif

That's a good thing.

I got no external oil cooler...
Vezna31
We'll also have the first floor for use and it will be air conditioned!!!
Brad Roberts
Vin,

Birgit is out. I"m taking her car to SJ tonight. I'll need to fill her spot somehow.

B
Vezna31
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 11 2006, 03:12 PM) *

Vin,

Birgit is out. I"m taking her car to SJ tonight. I'll need to fill her spot somehow.

B

Something wrong with her car?
Brad Roberts
No. She is moving to New Jersey in a few weeks and will leave her car at her parents house.

B
Vezna31
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 11 2006, 04:15 PM) *

No. She is moving to New Jersey in a few weeks and will leave her car at her parents house.

B

Wow...that's a big move. Where in NJ? Close to Philly? Is it for a job?
Allan
Anybody coming the day or night before?

I'm thinking jsharp.gif if you are...
race914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 12 2006, 08:43 AM) *

Love to, but I think there is already a Thursday 'meeting' at the Willow Ranch Restaurant... Pre-registration, food & beer.gif

Vensa31 - great marking opportunity to jump in and firm up our official Thursday party!!! What's the Plan! STAN

Headrage, can't wait to see your 914!
Allan
Well then, since the evening is going to be consumed with meetings, carousing and adult beverages, any body willing to come to the house and help me dial in my car for Friday?

I'll be the designated driver. biggrin.gif
Vezna31
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 12 2006, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 12 2006, 08:43 AM) *

Love to, but I think there is already a Thursday 'meeting' at the Willow Ranch Restaurant... Pre-registration, food & beer.gif

Vensa31 - great marking opportunity to jump in and firm up our official Thursday party!!! What's the Plan! STAN

Headrage, can't wait to see your 914!

I'm going to say that we'll set a time for meeting Thursday night at 7:30 PM. I'll be leaving pretty early in the afternoon to try to get past LA before it gets too heavy.

Brad, what time are you leaving?
drew365
Okay, I'm in. I even got a new lounge chair to break in. Let's hope it's not too hot!
nine14cats
QUOTE(drew365 @ Aug 14 2006, 07:40 PM) *

Okay, I'm in. I even got a new lounge chair to break in. Let's hope it's not too hot!

Hi Andy,

Great to hear you'll be there! We finally get to meet in person.... beerchug.gif

Greg Braun (race914) and I will be pitting together. Allan (Headrage) I believe is the only other 914Club member going besides Brad. Greg and I are dropping our trailers ~5pm on Thursday night and plan on pitting together. We will be in the second row next to the tire shop, the pit area off to the right side of the tire shop if you're looking at the tire shop's roll ups.

Allan,

Feel free to join us. We'll have EZ ups, tables, chairs, etc.

It'll be our own little 914 Club "club". laugh.gif

Bill P.
drew365
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Aug 14 2006, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(drew365 @ Aug 14 2006, 07:40 PM) *

Hi Andy,

Great to hear you'll be there! We finally get to meet in person.... beerchug.gif

Greg Braun (race914) and I will be pitting together. Allan (Headrage) I believe is the only other 914Club member going besides Brad. Greg and I are dropping our trailers ~5pm on Thursday night and plan on pitting together. We will be in the second row next to the tire shop, the pit area off to the right side of the tire shop if you're looking at the tire shop's roll ups.

Allan,

Feel free to join us. We'll have EZ ups, tables, chairs, etc.

It'll be our own little 914 Club "club". laugh.gif

Bill P.

I'll look for you. I won't be coming up until Friday morning. I hope to get there by 7.
Vezna31
Looks like we are slowly getting there. A total of 42 people signed up, 6 being instructors. If anyone here knows some people that would instruct, this would definitely be the time to let them know we are interested.
Allan
Okay guys, got the car running pretty well so I'm set for Friday. I'll probably swing by the track after work Thursday just to get a layout of where everybody is and put some faces to the names.

I'll be the lost looking one in a white Tahoe with a 914club badge... biggrin.gif
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 16 2006, 02:38 PM) *

Okay guys, got the car running pretty well so I'm set for Friday. I'll probably swing by the track after work Thursday just to get a layout of where everybody is and put some faces to the names.

I'll be the lost looking one in a white Tahoe with a 914club badge... biggrin.gif

Allan, you need to take the Tahoe out onto the track thumb3d.gif

My first track event at Laguna Seca paired me up with a really cool instructor. He didn't have his race-prepped 240Z running in time so he drove his Tahoe. He decided to take it out on the track and I rode shotgun for shits and giggles. It was hysterical. Just imagine a 6000 lb beast squealing around corners while the driver has one arm on the wheel and holding himself in the seat with the other hand. It was nuts.
Allan
What time is this shindig suppose to end?

Gotta be home before dark. Sometimes my headlights act kinda funky...
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 16 2006, 08:15 PM) *

What time is this shindig suppose to end?

Gotta be home before dark. Sometimes my headlights act kinda funky...

I'm not planning on staying any later at the restaurant Thursday night than 9 and the track closes at 5 or 5:30 PM
Trekkor
I'll make make a future track day with you.
I right in the middle of a good sized job right now, otherwise I'd just go on Friday.

Take pictures for us.

KT
Allan
Looks like I won't be making it over to the track tonight. Gotta change gear oil, check cv bolts, ball joint wedge pins, front wheel bearings, put air dam and bumper back on.

I was gonna do it earlier today but work got in the way. wink.gif

I do have a question though, it'll be pretty warm tomorrow so I don't plan on having my engine lid on (car runs 10 - 15 degrees cooler and I don't have an external oil cooler yet).

Problem?
drew365
It's 4:30 Friday morning, I was trying to get an early start but have a dead battery on my truck. It actually went dead on me last night while I was loading up. It was too late to get a new battery so I let it charge all night. Still no go. You guys are going to have to play without me today. I'm going to be pissed all day! sad.gif
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 17 2006, 04:49 PM) *

Looks like I won't be making it over to the track tonight. Gotta change gear oil, check cv bolts, ball joint wedge pins, front wheel bearings, put air dam and bumper back on.

I was gonna do it earlier today but work got in the way. wink.gif

I do have a question though, it'll be pretty warm tomorrow so I don't plan on having my engine lid on (car runs 10 - 15 degrees cooler and I don't have an external oil cooler yet).

Problem?

No problem as long as it doesn't spit parts out smile.gif
Vezna31
QUOTE(drew365 @ Aug 18 2006, 04:45 AM) *

It's 4:30 Friday morning, I was trying to get an early start but have a dead battery on my truck. It actually went dead on me last night while I was loading up. It was too late to get a new battery so I let it charge all night. Still no go. You guys are going to have to play without me today. I'm going to be pissed all day! sad.gif

Jump that boy!! I have cables here if you need a jump later.
race914

I arrived at the track last night and didn't see your post until just now. Glad you are ok. We were worried when we didn't see you. Had saved you a Beer!

Headrage broke down on the way over, but was able to get a tow, and make repairs and made it by lunch.

Great event, great track time!

My new cooler was a success! Never went over 220 even with 95+ degree weather...

Hope to see you at a track day soon!

Greg
drew365
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 18 2006, 06:24 PM) *

I arrived at the track last night and didn't see your post until just now. Glad you are ok. We were worried when we didn't see you. Had saved you a Beer!

Headrage broke down on the way over, but was able to get a tow, and make repairs and made it by lunch.

Great event, great track time!

My new cooler was a success! Never went over 220 even with 95+ degree weather...

Hope to see you at a track day soon!

Greg

Thanks for saving me a beer, I hope to drink it someday before it's flat. I wanted to be at the track today but driving around a truck with trailer that I couldn't shut off didn't seem prudent. I'm going to spend my weekend trying to make sure that something like this doesn't spoil next weeks trip to Laguna Seca. I can't wait.
Vezna31
Thanks to everyone who came out for the day. The track was in great condition and everyone had a great time. Look for our next event at Streets of Willow at the end of September. We're hoping that a good word will spread from this first event and the next one fills up.
bruinbro
Brad, if you're reading this thread, please contact me.

Bro
Vezna31
Here's some videos from the day!

http://media.putfile.com/Chasing-him-down

http://media.putfile.com/Buttonwillow-81806
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.