Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RRC So. Cal. / NV. Caravan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Toast
So what days do we want to caravan to the Red Rock Classic in Moab?

I need to submit my days off to work ASAP.

Leaving Thursday or Friday toward Moab......Leaving Suday or Monday to head back?? unsure.gif
brant
bump...

will be good to see you toast!
AZ914
Toast.. a couple of us AZ guys were thinking of staying Thursday night in Flagstaff, then doing the last bit on Friday morning.. Maybe the CA/NV folks (if taking I-40) can meet us there.
Toast
Jason,
Good Idea. I think the most direct route for some of us will be I-15 to I-70. But there is always room for detours (like last year). biggrin.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 14 2006, 09:36 AM) *

Jason,
Good Idea. I think the most direct route for some of us will be I-15 to I-70. But there is always room for detours (like last year). biggrin.gif

I just looked at a map.. nevermind about I-40! For some reason I keep thinking Moab is further south.
Howard
Take any route you want, Toastie will get lost poke.gif
TROJANMAN
Howie,
you bringing A/C, or are you going to be cool cool_shades.gif (see the irony) biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Toast: Last year I left thursday night and it worked great for me and the stop in Vagas was perfect on the way home. So I'll be taking Friday and Monday off.
:PEREMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
i may be goin......

flat tow or drive... flat tow or drive...
Brando
I will do my best to make this event, this year.

I've attached a spreadsheet because I know everyone else like Joe and Toasty and I are doing the same thing -- 22, 23, 24, what days are those on? The caravan days I guess are what us SoCal Contingent are using for vacation planners. I like the idea of meeting up at Joe's mobile tokillya wagon either in HB or a stop off of the 15/210 interchange.

Joe, if you're taking the trailer and party central, any chance I can keep a drum or two of gas tied to it? If my engine is done by then, I might need some higher-than-91 stuff to blend it with... driving.gif

Aaron, your ass better make it. Now that you got a tow-bar and your trans is back together, you're out of excuses laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brando @ Jul 14 2006, 10:57 AM) *

Aaron, your ass better make it. Now that you got a tow-bar and your trans is back together, you're out of excuses laugh.gif

but but.. but.... LOL
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 14 2006, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Brando @ Jul 14 2006, 10:57 AM) *

but but.. but.... LOL

agree.gif
SLITS
leave Fri early am

return Sun afternoon .....cannonball run back

B or A will never make it out of CA without a trailer...............whooohaaaaa
Brando
Make it out? Sure no prob. Make it back? Yeah right lol2.gif
TINCAN914
Glad you guy's will make it, never really got to say goodbye... Now I can do it proper like...

P.S. I haven't seen Twystd1 post in a while, everything ok? Would be nice if he could make it as well..
Aaron Cox
change your location you mile high happy traitor LOL
GTeener
Assuming I can get freed from work dry.gif We'll probably do the same thing we did for the trip to Portland. Start Weds late afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon and take Monday off to finish the drive.
Toast
I was thinking about taking thursday, friday, and monday off too.

If Slitsy wants to go ballstothewall and drive up friday early am, maybe Joe can pick him up on the side of the road where the cop in Utah has him hand cuffed on the side of the road-pants down giving cavity search-car being impounded- for going 13 miles over the speed limit. laugh.gif poke.gif

QUOTE(brant @ Jul 14 2006, 09:18 AM) *

It will be nice to see you too! cool_shades.gif

I like the idea of meeting up at Joe's mobile tokillya wagon either in HB or a stop off of the 15/210 interchange.

Let's meet at the 15/210 interchange since it is usualy a parking lot anyway. rolleyes.gif Actually, there is Glen Hellen Pavilion that we could meet at right there at the interchange if you are serious. It's accessable from both freeways with plenty of parking. idea.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 14 2006, 02:50 PM) *

I was thinking about taking thursday, friday, and monday off too. If Slitsy wants to go ballstothewall and drive up friday early am, maybe Joe can pick him up on the side of the road where the cop in Utah has him hand cuffed on the side of the road-pants down giving cavity search-car being impounded- for going 13 miles over the speed limit. laugh.gif poke.gif

QUOTE(brant @ Jul 14 2006, 09:18 AM) *

bump...

It will be nice to see you too! cool_shades.gif

I like the idea of meeting up at Joe's mobile tokillya wagon either in HB or a stop off of the 15/210 interchange.

Let's meet at the 15/210 interchange since it is usualy a parking lot anyway. rolleyes.gif Actually, there is Glen Hellen Pavilion that we could meet at right there at the interchange if you are serious. It's accessable from both freeways with plenty of parking. idea.gif

i waited for you and ron there for lone pine...

"we will be there in a few hours" LOL
Toast
Must have got lost. pinch.gif
Brando
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 14 2006, 02:50 PM) *

Lemme get this straight... you and Ron-diddly usually meet up at his shop [to stock up on parts, tools and other necessary equipment] before a trek like this. Aaron doesn't sound too confident you'll meet the rest of us at 210/15 fwys laugh.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 14 2006, 01:50 PM) *

Let's meet at the 15/210 interchange since it is usualy a parking lot anyway. rolleyes.gif

chairfall.gif

is that in the lovely city of devore?
didn't U2 have a concert in devore once? idea.gif
SLITS
If you wait for Toast....you'll make it in time for RCC07 rolling.gif

"Let's see, he said go to the Glen HELEN offramp...get off and stop or was that turn right or was that turn left or was that go straight ahead? Oh shit, I missed the turn off, I'll go up and get off at the next one and turn around and come back. Now that's get off, stop, turn right, turn left or go straight, uhhhhhhhh....Now why doesn't he answer his cell phone?"
Toast
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 14 2006, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 14 2006, 01:50 PM) *

Let's meet at the 15/210 interchange since it is usualy a parking lot anyway. rolleyes.gif

chairfall.gif

is that in the lovely city of devore?
didn't U2 have a concert in devore once? idea.gif

Yea, at the US festival in 92 i think. And it is truely a lovely place. icon8.gif
Howard
wacko.gif
Toast
Howwwwiiiieeee.........................

slap.gif
Aaron Cox
shoot, if all you tards are gonna drive... i may just drive der teenermeister...

but man... towing is great peace of mind LOL

howie, you game?

whose hotel floor can the poor college kid crash on LOL
Howard
The bet was made. If Slits drives his 914, I'll drive mine. You can sleep on Toast's floor. popcorn[1].gif
Toast
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 14 2006, 03:09 PM) *

shoot, if all you tards are gonna drive... i may just drive der teenermeister...

but man... towing is great peace of mind LOL

howie, you game?

Crash on Rons bed since he will be so drunk that he will just pass out on the floor between the wall and the bed anyway. drunk.gif

Nothing will go wrong on this hella long drive, turst me. happy11.gif Just ask Linda. chairfall.gif
SLITS

Mine......just think of rabbits......
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 14 2006, 03:13 PM) *

You can sleep on Toast popcorn[1].gif

chairfall.gif

if ron drives his, i will drive mine
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 14 2006, 03:14 PM) *

Mine......just think of rabbits......

rofl... i ... cant.. breathe.. LOL....
SLITS
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 14 2006, 03:13 PM) *

Crash on Rons bed since he will be so drunk that he will just pass out on the floor between the wall and the bed anyway. drunk.gif

I will find my "special" parking place in the parking lot...just as before.....
Brando
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 14 2006, 03:17 PM) *
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 14 2006, 03:13 PM) *

I will find my "special" parking place in the parking lot...just as before.....

chairfall.gif Just leave him in der wheizer bandit

Anyone else got a spare floor/bed/room ? May be me or me+1.
TROJANMAN
i am sure people will offer up spare rooms, but if they don't, there is a campground just around the corner. one of our colorado folk stayed there last year.
SLITS
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 14 2006, 05:08 PM) *

i am sure people will offer up spare rooms, but if they don't, there is a campground just around the corner. one of our colorado folk stayed there last year.

"Brokeback Mountain Campground" for people from the dirt and CGBC members. Wooooohooooo, good times partner wub.gif
TROJANMAN
"Brokeback Mountain Campground" for people from the dirt and CGBC members. Wooooohooooo, good times partner

just be careful with who helps you pitch your tent ........biggrin.gif
brant
that cracks me up...

nice picture Ron!

brant
Aaron Cox
does the RRC have an "Attractions and schedule" page?
cost?
t shirt?
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 14 2006, 04:39 PM) *

does the RRC have an "Attractions and schedule" page?
cost?
t shirt?

Ron is the main attraction...........wink.gif

we haven't formalized anything yet. estimated cost is $69.99 and it will cover most meals and drink for friday and saturday.

Shirt has yet to be designed. i think there is a post about it in the main thread.

Friday - Scenic Drive, Meet and Greet BBQ and Beer at the hotel
Saturday - Scenic Drive, Lunch, Dinner on the River
Brando
Track time? (first post! biggrin.gif)

The campground idea aint a bad one iffn' there's no rooms available.
Toast
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 14 2006, 03:13 PM) *

The bet was made. If Slits drives his 914, I'll drive mine. You can sleep on Toast's floor. popcorn[1].gif

Uz busted Howie cuz Iz know you hadz changeded whats u posteded. I aint gettina hotel room. Iz plan on partyin the whooooole time. drunk.gif

I've camped in Moab before. Ask Aaron about Lone Pine weather! headbang.gif Moab isnt that bad, but the inside of your tent and your eyes WILL get sand blasted!!!
Flat VW
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 14 2006, 05:08 PM) *

AAAron- I am sure people will offer up spare rooms, but if they don't, there is a campground just around the corner.

IPB Image

"I have a pool and a pond...... The pond would be good for you, though."
SLITS
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 14 2006, 05:41 PM) *

we haven't formalized anything yet. estimated cost is $69.99 and it will cover most meals and drink for friday and saturday. let's see, 4 gallons of Cassadores, 10 lbs of ice, 5 packs of rolling papers, One Fuch 16" X 9" bong, 44 lbs of munchies .......yeh, that'll about cover it

Shirt has yet to be designed. i think there is a post about it in the main thread. No more t-shirts. Need thong underwear

Brando
icon_bump.gif

Aaron, looks like I'm getting these days off, if we don't have a last-minute blackout of Vacation in September (like last year). I suggest you disconnect your speedometer cable and flat-tow your teener. Then I can pack an ice-chest full of goodies in the back of your truck, we can double up on tools, camping supplies (if needed), spare tires and anything else we'll need. Bueno si?

I'll be doing a cannonball run (viva-la-RON) back on the eve of 24th as I won't have any vacation days left by then. driving.gif
Aaron Cox
brandholio...

i am flat towing. packing coolers (wif rockstar drinks), tools, and schtuff in the bed. thorw your shit in it no prob.....

I need to get some magnetic tow lights still smile.gif

BTW- i will need to be back sunday night also LOL
bernbomb914
check to see if there is a KOA camp site. They usually have sleeping cabins the will sleep 2 people and they have showers etc. we used one in Santa Fa this spring.

Bernie
plymouth37
so when are you guys figuring on coming through Vegas on your way to RRC?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jul 30 2006, 08:14 PM) *

so when are you guys figuring on coming through Vegas on your way to RRC?

3hrs after we leave biggrin.gif
plymouth37
3hrs after we leave

Thank you for your help Aaron,
but seriously, does any one have a real answer?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.