Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb air cleaners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MJHanna
If your going to run carbs then run some air cleaners that will let them breath. boldblue.gif
URY914
Is that a Mallory dizzy?

Paul
MJHanna
Nope MSD , plugs into a 6AL with part of a 911 wire set for wires.
Lotus914
Those is BIG! No rain tray on that car!

Dave
Aaron Cox
does anyone make watershields for /4's?
mharrison
Is the front wall of the trunk cut so those air cleaners will fit, or cut for something else?
MJHanna
QUOTE(mharrison @ Oct 13 2003, 09:26 PM)
Is the front wall of the trunk cut so those air cleaners will fit, or cut for something else?

Cut for easy access to adjust carbs , linkage not for the air cleaners. I dont worry about water with this car can you tell laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Oberg oil filter... cool.

Yep. I like the tall stacks with tall air cleaners.

Why the 911 wire set Mark ?? What have you found ??

B
maf914
What type hose and fittings are you using for your oil lines? They look like commercial type hydraulic lines with crimped fittings.

Thanks,

Mike
rhodyguy
is that a hot start relay mounted in the trunk too?

kevin
MJHanna
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 15 2003, 01:25 AM)
Oberg oil filter... cool.

Yep. I like the tall stacks with tall air cleaners.

Why the 911 wire set Mark ?? What have you found ??

B

Paranoid is the reason for the Oberg tattle tail filter. I have run MSD wires for years as the MSD 6 AL really likes them and they plug into to the MSD dizzy but they suck at the plug end. You have to cut the rubber down and they give a poor seal. The 911 wires just happen to have the same connection as the MSD dizzy with better end for sealing and attachment to the spark plug. The MSD signal likes them.

The hose are all Aeroquip with the “press on” end fittings I have used them for years. You have to cut the ends off the hose if you want to get them off. This hose is the same hose that Aeroquip uses on the Steel braided hose, just less expensive and easier to get. Your right, you can go to any hydraulic house and get it.
MJHanna
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 15 2003, 07:20 AM)
is that a hot start relay mounted in the trunk too?

kevin

Yes, it got moved, to keep it out of the way and to "Clean it up". laugh.gif
MJHanna
you can see the fittings a little better
MJHanna
heres the hot start
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.