Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will there be a MUSR 8?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dlee1967
I just thought I would throw it out there to see if the organizers of last years event have thrown in the towel or is there event planning going on behind the scenes? I spoke with a number of Texas teeners this weekend and there seems to be great interest in a 2006 (late) Fall event.

We could hold one in Houston and I wouldn't mind helping with the planning BUT......we have no hills here. We do have Motorsports Ranch Houston though! It would be quite a drive to get somewhere with some 914 friendly roads.

Austin would be great, but I don't know if we have enough muscle there to get it organized. driving.gif

Your thoughts? Maybe Charlie and Clay can give us their view of the world.
spare time toys
agree.gif
Inquiring minds want to know popcorn[1].gif
ClayPerrine
OK.. here's the Official scoop on MUSR 8.

I talked to Charlie Davis about this subject. He is burnt out with organizing this after 10 years (wait.. this is only MUSR 8, why is it 10 years? You have to remember there were 3 "renegade 914 club" events before the first official PCA sponsored MUSR). Charlie is willing to handle all the financial stuff, but he doesn't want to organize it. Here's a link to the 914Sig site for more information about past events. http://www.pca.org/914/SIGsiteNS.html.

Charlie has asked me if I would consider organizing this year's event. I am currently considering the idea, but I realize that I would need LOTS of help. I talked to Rich Johnson, and he is willing to organize the door prizes. And Betty and I have kicked around ideas for trophys and locations, but that is as far as it got.

If I were to organize this, it would have to be somewhere in the D/FW area. With my new job, I don't have the time to drive out of state to do all the tour mapping needed. If someone were to be a local volunteer to setup the tours, dinners, and a hotel, then we can have it somewhere else.

Here's a general outline of MUSRs past....

Thursday night we have a tour to dinner.

Friday we would have a swap meet (Usually they were not very good swap meets. There just isn't a whole lot of room to haul parts if you drive your 914 to the event). A morning and afternoon tech session, and a tour to dinner

Saturday is traditionally when the car show is held, and afternoon tech session.Some sort of driving tour/Rally. The early evening would be a tech quiz, and then the Awards banquet at the hotel.

Sunday Breakfast get together. MUSRS 3 through 7 had an autocross.

Here is all of the stuff that would have to be done:

1. Figure out where we are going to have it.
2. Determine the hotel for the headquarters. Do they offer group rates? Do they have trailer parking? Do they have room for the car show? Do they have an available banquet room for the awards banquet?
3. Determine where we are going to have the various tours and dinners.
A. Thursday night to dinner.
B. Friday night to dinner
C. Saturday Tour/Rally
4. Tech sessions... how many,who would give them, and what subjects? We have had every subject from "how to photograph your 914" to a complete detail on a six conversion. One year there was even a "hands on" tech session, in the parking lot, on electrical diagnosis where we fixed a tail light problem.
5. Goody bags?
6. Door prizes?
7. T-Shirts?
8. Tech Quiz... I have done this for a number of years now. Maybe Damp Dave's lawyer would give him some "time off for good behavior" and let him come to the MUSR to deliver a tech quiz?
9. Car Show.
10. Awards Banquet.

The one advantage to holding it in the D/FW area is that we can have an Autocross with the Maverick Region's October 8th Charity Autocross at Texas Motor Speedway (not on the track, on the Bus parking lot). If we go elsewhere, we either have to hook up with the local PCA region to have a AX, or not have one at all.

Opinions, questions, suggestions, offers of help?? Nothing has been set in stone, so anything is possible at this point.
dlee1967
I would be glad to help with the event. If we are trying to piggyback with the Oct 8 autocross, we need to get moving. Are there any other local DFW 914 owners that can help with Clay's task list?

It's no fun to carry the burden by yourself. Charlie (with volunteers) has done such a good job in the previous events. He really deserves just to show up and just have fun. If Clay will take the lead, I will help, but we need more orgainizers.

My personal feeling is add another drive in place of the swap meet. Feedback?
spare time toys
I think I was last years swap meet. Since I dont have a car I can help stay behind and do grunt work while others do tours and have fun.
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 16 2006, 09:11 PM) *

I talked to Charlie Davis about this subject. He is burnt out with organizing this after 10 years (wait.. this is only MUSR 8, why is it 10 years? You have to remember there were 3 "renegade 914 club" events before the first official PCA sponsored MUSR). Charlie is willing to handle all the financial stuff, but he doesn't want to organize it. Here's a link to the 914Sig site for more information about past events. http://www.pca.org/914/SIGsiteNS.html.

Charlie has asked me if I would consider organizing this year's event. I am currently considering the idea, but I realize that I would need LOTS of help. I talked to Rich Johnson, and he is willing to organize the door prizes. And Betty and I have kicked around ideas for trophys and locations, but that is as far as it got.

If I were to organize this, it would have to be somewhere in the D/FW area. With my new job, I don't have the time to drive out of state to do all the tour mapping needed. If someone were to be a local volunteer to setup the tours, dinners, and a hotel, then we can have it somewhere else.

Friday we would have a swap meet (Usually they were not very good swap meets. There just isn't a whole lot of room to haul parts if you drive your 914 to the event). A morning and afternoon tech session, and a tour to dinner

Saturday is traditionally when the car show is held, and afternoon tech session.Some sort of driving tour/Rally. The early evening would be a tech quiz, and then the Awards banquet at the hotel.

2. Determine the hotel for the headquarters. Do they offer group rates? Do they have trailer parking? Do they have room for the car show? Do they have an available banquet room for the awards banquet?
C. Saturday Tour/Rally
4. Tech sessions... how many,who would give them, and what subjects? We have had every subject from "how to photograph your 914" to a complete detail on a six conversion. One year there was even a "hands on" tech session, in the parking lot, on electrical diagnosis where we fixed a tail light problem.
5. Goody bags?
6. Door prizes?
7. T-Shirts?
8. Tech Quiz... I have done this for a number of years now. Maybe Damp Dave's lawyer would give him some "time off for good behavior" and let him come to the MUSR to deliver a tech quiz?
9. Car Show.
10. Awards Banquet.

The one advantage to holding it in the D/FW area is that we can have an Autocross with the Maverick Region's October 8th Charity Autocross at Texas Motor Speedway (not on the track, on the Bus parking lot). If we go elsewhere, we either have to hook up with the local PCA region to have a AX, or not have one at all.

Opinions, questions, suggestions, offers of help?? Nothing has been set in stone, so anything is possible at this point.

So, maybe people with "not so pretty" 914s that drive 1300 miles *ONE WAY* might actually get to have their cars in the group picture this time huh? A guy can dream... dry.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 17 2006, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 16 2006, 09:11 PM) *

C. Saturday Tour/Rally
5. Goody bags?
6. Door prizes?
7. T-Shirts?
9. Car Show.
10. Awards Banquet.

So, maybe people with "not so pretty" 914s that drive 1300 miles *ONE WAY* might actually get to have their cars in the group picture this time huh? A guy can dream... dry.gif

And I am to blame for this how??? dead horse.gif
ClayPerrine
I just noticed something.......

It seems like everyone would like to see a MUSR this year, but it gets awful quiet when someone says the word "work" or "organize". sad.gif
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 17 2006, 09:36 AM) *

Little quick on the trigger today Clay? Let me be more specific. wink.gif

On the contrary! Charlie's entirely to blame. But since he doesn't want to organize, and you are throwing your hat in the ring, I assumed the possibility may actually exist this year.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 17 2006, 11:20 AM) *

On the contrary! Charlie's entirely to blame. But since he doesn't want to organize, and you are throwing your hat in the ring, I assumed the possibility may actually exist this year.

The only way I am going to do this is with help... and the response to my request is extremely underwhelming..... mad.gif
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 17 2006, 12:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 17 2006, 11:20 AM) *

The only way I am going to do this is with help... and the response to my request is extremely underwhelming..... mad.gif

It's a shame too. But I can't really help you for an event I don't plan to attend. So to use your words...

"And I am to blame for this how??? dead horse.gif"
tat2dphreak
I'll do what I can, I doubt I'll be able to attend though... unless it's near DFW again...

I've got so much going on lately, I haven't even been watching the site a lot...

Thoward914
Clay,

Robyn and I will do what we can to help. I just don't have any experience to offer organizing an event like this. But I am will to learn and be slightly abused in the process.
jr91472
You can count on me to do as much as I can. Do we have a target date? If it is Labor Day (like last year) I will be out of town. Sorry.

Otherwise, I would be happy to work on dinner locations Thurs/Friday or whatever. I think doing something closer to DFW is a good idea.

And of btw.....this thread is less than 24 hours old...... slap.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 17 2006, 01:55 PM) *

It's a shame too. But I can't really help you for an event I don't plan to attend. So to use your words...

"And I am to blame for this how??? dead horse.gif"

QUOTE(jr91472 @ Jul 17 2006, 02:27 PM) *

You can count on me to do as much as I can. Do we have a target date? If it is Labor Day (like last year) I will be out of town. Sorry.

Otherwise, I would be happy to work on dinner locations Thurs/Friday or whatever. I think doing something closer to DFW is a good idea.

And of btw.....this thread is less than 24 hours old...... slap.gif

Gint... you aren't to blame....and I never said you were.

JR. I have seen threads on the DFW club members go to 2 or 3 pages in less than 8 hours. Why not this one? That is my point.
jr91472
confused24.gif
dakotaewing
Clay -
Not to be a pain - But IMHO the DFW MSUR's really haven't been the better events due to the lack of twisties, scenery, and weather...HOT... And I have been to 5 MUSR's without a car ...

I know in order to get these things going you have to have help, of which I have done some of my share over the years...

So, heres my question... Does Charlie or anyone he knows have driving routes and suggested eateries for the Austin/Kerrville area.... My thoughts were to have the Host hotel at the OK resort Hotel...Typically rates would be about $90.00 for a group of the average size that attends these events... The area is very interesting, shopping for the girls, twisties for the boys, and it's not so flat...

Just my .02...

TE
dlee1967
Maybe it is time to throw down a few dates an gauge the interest? No one wants to arrange an event and have no attendees.....

And if Clay wants Dave to handle the tech quiz, I am sure he will sharing driving duties with the -6 ???? I hear he has the golden touch when driving others cars.

I will be glad to help where I can on organizing portions of the event. There are also a few other Houston members who may be conviced to attend an also assit this year.
spare time toys
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 17 2006, 10:40 AM) *

I just noticed something.......

It seems like everyone would like to see a MUSR this year, but it gets awful quiet when someone says the word "work" or "organize". sad.gif

I did put in for the grunt work gang.(see higher up the page) What about a road ralley with check point? I could hang out at a check point and give out a token you could only get at said point? We used to do those in our four wheel drive club in Wis. it was a success some folks would loose because they missed the check point but had all the other required items they needed to find. smilie_pokal.gif Figure out where you want to have this and Ill work with someone and scout out roads and work out a ralley/snipe hunt.
cooltimes
Could be worse. :-))
If I was organizing a ramble, we would have problems. Rolling the watermelon without busting them contest. Companion would be used while lashed to the front lid and bumper, fitted with "Z" approved flip flops to motivate the melons in a designated path.
Rules frozen while using 914's in "the squish the seed the longest distance" while drinking Foster's would be a good choice for a funtime event. Designer Porsche sun glasses must be used for eye protection unless you can get a better price at WalMart on their fashion designed glasses.
Movie making session using 914club chosen people showing how to inspect a 914 for the DD big butt, drive it to test & flex the longs, doing it strapped under the 914 for a bird's eye view when crossing over a railroad track.
Cookout using only the finest 914 Fuchs as serving trays.
Yes. it could be worse. LOL

MikeCool
Oakfield, TN

Brad Roberts
Clay,

I for one would like to see these continue and "we" the 914Club could help...BUT... we should talk about this offline.

B
Brad Roberts
I liked 03 when it was held in Trophy club. I like Hot Springs also.. just farther for me to drive. I didnt attend Branson (but I wore the shirt this past weekend)

Trophy club would be easier for Clay to help with. TMS would rent us the AutoX space. I could get us the "Speedway" club for dancing and dinner one night. (I was a member up until last year) Track tour. Dirt track racing one night..

Take the tour back out to Lake Worth or Possum Kingdom.

The hotels near the track are all fairly new.

Trinity park picnic? in Ft. Worth?

Easy for people to fly into (DFW airport is 30min away from Trphy club)

I like the idea of the hill country near Austin also. Just dont know where to stay or go.

B
dlee1967
Brad, are you thinking of flying in?
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 17 2006, 06:35 PM) *

I liked 03 when it was held in Trophy club. I like Hot Springs also.. just farther for me to drive. I didnt attend Branson (but I wore the shirt this past weekend)

Trophy club would be easier for Clay to help with. TMS would rent us the AutoX space. I could get us the "Speedway" club for dancing and dinner one night. (I was a member up until last year) Track tour. Dirt track racing one night..

The hotels near the track are all fairly new.

Trinity park picnic? in Ft. Worth?

Easy for people to fly into (DFW airport is 30min away from Trphy club)

I like the idea of the hill country near Austin also. Just dont know where to stay or go.

B

ClayPerrine
Ok.. now that I am home and not all pissed off at work, I realize that I owe everyone a bit of an apology. I was being pissy with my comment about the lack of response.

Me -> chair.gif <- Anyone who wants to join in.....

I really appreciate all the help and input that I can get in this venture. If we have someone in Austin who can scout out roads, hotels, and eatin' places, we can go there. I know there are some really good roads in the Texas hill country.

If we have it here, we could possibly get a local shop to let us use their facility for a detailed tech session.

Another idea is east of the DFW area, somewhere around Corsicana. Larry.. want to scout out some possible driving roads in the area east of DFW? In the past, Charlie has kinda passed on anything east of Dallas because it would be too far for him to drive to scout out the roads.

Personally, I would like to go to Austin....... Tony Chavez... You there? Would you help out?

If we have it in the DFW area, I was going to designate the weekend of October 8th. It won't be quite so hot, and Maverick region is already having an AX at TMS that weekend. We can piggyback on that so that is one LESS thing we have to organize.

Again.. I have recovered from my work induces PMS... and I really
appreciate all the help and support.
ClayPerrine
I got an idea......

Let's get Howard the Hoser to fire up "Sally Carrera" and kidnap Joe Sharp. Then the two of them can bring THE HOSE to Texas. That alone would Guarantee a big turnout...... av-943.gif
Brad Roberts
I like Oct. 8th and the partner with MAV region on the AutoX.

Clay wants Dave to handle the tech quiz, I am sure he will sharing driving duties with the -6 ???? I hear he has the golden touch when driving others cars.

You must have missed Parade 04 in Ft.Worth where a GIRL beat Dave in his own car.. and she had never driven it until that day on the way to TMS..LOL She won ladies and would have finished 3rd overall in the mens class on street tires (top guy's where all on stickies..) Maybe you are right. He can drive "others" cars better than his own. Maybe it is the rental car theory in action.

B
Joseph Mills
Clay,

I would like to help in some fashion.

I organized the AX one year and did the T-shirt last year.

We will lose some of the OK, AR and MO people if it is in Austin.

We've had this conversation before. biggrin.gif

Thoward914
Let's all meet over at Clay's house, have some beers beerchug.gif . And calmly talk about this. If I bring the 911, we can do the clutch ...right? happy11.gif
Also Robyn said she needs to talk to you about a great idea for a raffle or door prize. confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
David,

I'm working towards paying off my "screw-up" Once it is paid off, I can travel. I'm sitting on multiple American Airlines Round Trip tickets right now and would probably bring a car out for the event or fly in. I love Texas. Sooner or later I'll be back there on one of the man made lakes in the DFW area.

I would like to see the 914Club get involved (not just the people) but we are pretty maxed out on things to do for this year.

B
spare time toys
I like the TMS Idea then up the road for dinner at the Ponder Stake House. Ill make the reservation for the potatoes chowtime.gif I can work with the timers to keep track of 914 guys times. I aint got no car but I do like to play beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Jul 17 2006, 08:11 PM) *

Let's all meet over at Clay's house, have some beers beerchug.gif . And calmly talk about this. If I bring the 911, we can do the clutch ...right? happy11.gif
Also Robyn said she needs to talk to you about a great idea for a raffle or door prize. confused24.gif

I would say yes to the clutch changeout, but if we do that, you might end up with the wrong motor back in your taildragger.... happy11.gif

And Robyn..... Yes, we can raffle off your waterpumper. You might even get enough to pay for your dinner. av-943.gif
David_S
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jul 17 2006, 04:39 PM) *

I did put in for the grunt work gang.(see higher up the page) What about a road ralley with check point? I could hang out at a check point and give out a token you could only get at said point? We used to do those in our four wheel drive club in Wis. it was a success some folks would loose because they missed the check point but had all the other required items they needed to find. smilie_pokal.gif Figure out where you want to have this and Ill work with someone and scout out roads and work out a ralley/snipe hunt.

Or a "Poker Run" .....five different check points where the driver and/or passenger draw a card at each check point. At the end, everyone meets and reveals their cards (actually a piece of paper that has their card drawn on it and signed by the "official " at the check point) ...prizes for Best hand, Second best hand, Worst hand , etc .......
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(David_S @ Jul 17 2006, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jul 17 2006, 04:39 PM) *

Or a "Poker Run" .....five different check points where the driver and/or passenger draw a card at each check point. At the end, everyone meets and reveals their cards (actually a piece of paper that has their card drawn on it and signed by the "official " at the check point) ...prizes for Best hand, Second best hand, Worst hand , etc .......

A Poker run would be a good idea, but then we have to have people to "person" (Betty reads this so I have to be politically correct) 5 different checkpoints.

My suggestion was a Rally to dinner on Friday evening (after dark). We make it a "hare and hound" rally. One person takes off with a mapped route to the resturant. At each corner they drive down the road 50 yards or so and they put a cynalumid (SP) light stick on a wooden dowel next to the road.

The rest of the cars have to pick a direction to turn. If they don't find the light stick, they have to turn around and try a different direction. The person with the mileage closest to the car that ran as the hare wins the rally. The only rule is no backing up. If the odometer on the hare is off, then that is the official mileage, so it can be fairly random who wins. The sweep car at the end of the line pulls up the light sticks as they go by and collects up the lost sheep. If Miles shows up for this, we can let him be the sweep car and call them lost goats..... biggrin.gif

GWN7
I liked the MUSR at the robbers cave....nice views from their and a nice road up to the lodge. Too bad I missed everone by 1/2 hr.......but the rain had stopped by the time I got there.
spare time toys
I was killing time today at work and did a search for twisty roads in Texas driving.gif I found a web site motorcycleroads.us/tx.html and printed off a 5 page list of Texas twisty roads. Its a cool site because if you click on the road number it gives you a highlited map and reviews of the roads clap56.gif We just need to pick a direction out of Dallas and look up the roads in the area then go scouting piratenanner.gif
jd66921
Clay,

Although I am clueless on getting a car running (!), I am a graduate electrical
engineer and would be happy to prepare a tech presentation on electrical
trouble shooting. There are a few things I would need to review, but that would
be fun too.

DFW, or better yet Austin, is not too far for a weekend event for me. I would be
happy to give back a little, and help out as I can on an event like this. Let me
know.

Jeff
ClayPerrine
I had a 2 hour discussion with my parents on this subject. The reason I asked them is that they organize tours for their car club all the time.

The suggestion my mom made was in and around Possum Kingdom Lake.

Larry.. any good roads around there?

Brad Roberts
Come on guy's. He will need some help with this!

We are working in the background trying to figure something out on helping him for this event.

I grew up in North Texas with every 914 owner I could find. This event means a lot to me. I want to see it grow and include people from our "Classic" events.

Rich Johnson: friend for over 15years
Clay Perrine: friend for over 12+ years
Richard Fisher: friend for over 15 years
Al Zim/Kirt/Dennis: 20 years
Ed Mayo/Steve: 15+
Dan Cashman: 15+
Charlie
Wes Hildreth

Now.. I didnt say they all liked me...LOL

B
tat2dphreak
PK lake area would be cool... again, let me know how I can help...

Red86944
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 17 2006, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Jul 17 2006, 08:11 PM) *

I would say yes to the clutch changeout, but if we do that, you might end up with the wrong motor back in your taildragger.... happy11.gif

And Robyn..... Yes, we can raffle off your waterpumper. You might even get enough to pay for your dinner. av-943.gif

jr91472
Ok, I got out my Texas road map and pulled up Larry's bike site. There are several recommended roads around Possum Kingdom Lake. And probably others not listed.

So it might not be as good as Hot Springs or Talimina, but they would be entertaining enough.

Also, I noted that the Sept 10th Maverick Region a/x is in Mineral Wells. Practically next door to PK. Just a thought. driving.gif
spare time toys
The suggestion my mom made was in and around Possum Kingdom Lake.

Larry.. any good roads around there?
[/quote]

I have a guy on my crew that does N Texas motorcycle tours who knows most all the back roads in Texas by heart. He will be in tomorow and Ill see what he would recomend. Would you want to do like 50 miles or so and have a rest stop or a iron butt type of drive?
-Larry
rickyhgarcia
Clay,

Ask Dan in German Technology (where you picked up the FI parts you bought from me) if he would like to do a tech on restoring 914´s. He is very good at it and knows the cars pretty well. He stopped doing "projects" a while back and I´ve been wanting him to come back to it again. My car, half assembled, is still there...so it can be used for class.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Jul 19 2006, 02:08 PM) *

Ok, I got out my Texas road map and pulled up Larry's bike site. There are several recommended roads around Possum Kingdom Lake. And probably others not listed.

So it might not be as good as Hot Springs or Talimina, but they would be entertaining enough.

Also, I noted that the Sept 10th Maverick Region a/x is in Mineral Wells. Practically next door to PK. Just a thought. driving.gif

JR,

September is a little too soon to pull all this together. I am pushing for the Oct 5th throug 8th date. That way we still can get in the AX...

Brad Roberts
Cool. Your parents and I think a like. That is SCARY!

B
Red86944
Clay......

is that a hint of jealousy is here in your typing...... Clay wants a water pumper a Red one at that pray.gif (Clay everytime he sees my 944)

if I raffled my car off--of course I would make sooo much money I would have to join the Ferrari club happy11.gif
and then what would Travis do with all his spare time????? he wont admit it but he likes to tinker with her, he finds things he can do and claim he works on her all the time.....I have a witness (Cathy)

just let me know what I can do to help with the Ramble...

oh look I see Clay again thinking of my 944 I am not... I am not smiley_notworthy.gif

Hi Betty......

mueba.gif
MBowman325
If it's a PK this year, I may be able to do a little leg work. I've been wanting to goto Graham this summer and catch a movie at the drive-in. PK's almost next door.

Seems like my Dad mentioned that one of the Highways around PK is a pretty hot road for bikers, and some mention on a MX-5 board he was looking at. Despite it's proximity, I've not been to PK in a few years, but as long as they don't have any algae problems, it's a pretty lake. He's off tonight or I'd call and get details from him.

Looks like Hwy-4 from Granbury to PK is what's referenced. I'll break out the atlas tomorrow if need be.

Clay, holler and let me know if I can do anything.
jr91472
That biker site mentioned two possibilities near PK.

1. Hwy 16 from Graham down past PK Lake to Brad, TX. - 38 miles.
2. Hwy 4 from Jacksboro all the way down though Palo Pinto (at hwy 180) and Gordon (at I-20). ~45 miles.

These two routes are almost parallel to one another, so we could probably make a loop out of them or break them into two seperate rallies.

Clay, I was thinking I too could probably find a morning to do some scouting if you think that is a good idea.

let me know biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
this sounds good! the PK area is very nice...

we could get cool pics near hells gate...

IPB Image

IPB Image
spare time toys
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Jul 20 2006, 09:04 AM) *

That biker site mentioned two possibilities near PK.

1. Hwy 16 from Graham down past PK Lake to Brad, TX. - 38 miles.
2. Hwy 4 from Jacksboro all the way down though Palo Pinto (at hwy 180) and Gordon (at I-20). ~45 miles.

These two routes are almost parallel to one another, so we could probably make a loop out of them or break them into two seperate rallies.

Clay, I was thinking I too could probably find a morning to do some scouting if you think that is a good idea.

let me know biggrin.gif

driving.gif That is the exact loop he said would be a fun drive. Its about the best twisties in N. Tex he said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.