Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbbed car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I would like to not use the circuit board.

My car is carbed.

I wonder if there is anything other than the regulator that is conncted to it that I will need.
seanery
fuel pump relay?
SirAndy
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Oct 14 2003, 06:26 PM)
I wonder if there is anything other than the regulator that is conncted to it that I will need.

what year is your car? there are differences in the engine harness that would make it a bit easier for later model cars.

regulator
fuel pump relay + fuse
heater blower relay + fuse
rear window heater relay + fuse

Andy
echocanyons
Its a 74

Is there any way to bypass the circuit board and still use the fuel relay?

I wont have the blower and the defrost wont be a problem either.
boxstr
Yes you can remove the realy board. My 74 914-6, carbed, has a large connector plug for all of the wires. The fuel pump relay socket is unplugged from the board and used in line withthte wire loom. Attached to the side of the firewall with a round clip that is screwed on and then you just push the relay in the clip.
CCLINNOBORED
echocanyons
sounds good.

I'll give it a shot
Eddie Williams
That's what I plan to do with my conversion. Bought a plug, and was going to mount the relay somewhere.
SirAndy
get a rubber relay socket from a donor car.
it's used for the headlight relays and for some of the relays under the dashboard.

Andy
rhodyguy
you need to show more pictures craig.

kevin
boxstr
Kevin you are absolutely correct, and as soon as my digital camera gets out of the repair shop I will take some pics.
CCILINCAMERASOLUTION
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.