Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Overhaulin..5 months later
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dad Roberts
Well.....it took almost 5 months but the episode I worked will air this Tuesday night (25th). It's entitled "Junk in the Trunk". I wish I could tell you it was a 914.....maybe next time. The car was a 56 Caddy convertible that was actually in pretty decent shape. No major modifications were done, they referred to this build as an "elegant" build. Still, big bucks were spent. A friend of mine is the project co-ordinator for the show,Craig Chaffers. Basically he asked me to do it because of my recent, early Caddy knowledge. My responsibilities were R&R the engine and tranny and any other grunt work biggrin.gif . Hope everyone enjoys the episode it was a fun deal.
Dad driving.gif
McMark
Awesome. Too bad I don't get that channel. sad.gif
seanery
I can't wait to see it!
Ferg
Sweet! What do you look like so we can pick you out?

Ferg clap56.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 21 2006, 01:36 PM) *

Ferg clap56.gif

like brad but with a little more gray

can't wait to see the episode myself piratenanner.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm balding just like he did when he was 35!! headbang.gif

I have gray, but not too bad.

Cant wait to see it!

I had my Navy Seal buddy contact "V" and let her know I was intrested in ANY Porsche builds they might do in the future. I told him to tell her about the Craig connection and that you had just done the show. We will see!

B
lapuwali
What channel is Overhaulin' on?
Dad Roberts
TLC....The Learning Channel....basic cable
lapuwali
Mark, if you have a DVD player, I'll record it for you...
Dad Roberts
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 21 2006, 01:36 PM) *

Ferg clap56.gif

Dunkles.....a few years back. Me on the right with the #2 Rusty Wallace coat on. Oh yea....beard now too.
Brad Roberts
Mark is a MAC guy.. of course he has a DVD player!

B
Gint
Can't wait to see it! I'll TiVo it for sure.
Dad Roberts
Brad, have your buddy tell "V" that I might come outta retirement biggrin.gif for a 914 build, with you. Do you think we could find a 914 owner to volunteer their car w00t.gif ?
Dad driving.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(Dad Roberts @ Jul 21 2006, 02:39 PM) *

Brad, have your buddy tell "V" that I might come outta retirement biggrin.gif for a 914 build, with you. Do you think we could find a 914 owner to volunteer their car w00t.gif ?
Dad driving.gif

I would go buy another 914 for you guys to do biggrin.gif

Did they change the name of the show? I saw the preview for one of them and it said "Overhaulin BLING"
Dad Roberts
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 21 2006, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Dad Roberts @ Jul 21 2006, 02:39 PM) *

Dad driving.gif

I would go buy another 914 for you guys to do biggrin.gif

Did they change the name of the show? I saw the preview for one of them and it said "Overhaulin BLING"

Bling was the name of this weeks episode
Brad Roberts
OH.. The perfect candidate just came to mind. The story is rock solid and the person who would be involved is well deserving!!!!

I'll get a hold of producer "V" and run it past her!!

The hardest part would be keeping it secret.

B
neo914-6
@ questions:

Did you find out why Courtney left/got booted? confused24.gif

Was it "really" done in 7 days and how many people on the build?
Brad Roberts
Courtney left because she wanted more money. I think she was much better than the new chick.

B
McMark
James, that'd be cool. I've got lots of DVD players. wink.gif
Brad Roberts
I found it interesting that Boyd's old CNC wheel guy showed up on the show a few weeks back designing wheels with Foose.

B
Brad Roberts
Dad,

how do I get a hold of Craig? I need to run a wheel design by Foose.

B
Aaron Cox
Boyd closed up his wheel shop, sold it to american racing....

so thus as the path of many, they go and work for foose....

Brad.... i like the wheel idea smile.gif
Dad Roberts
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 21 2006, 04:49 PM) *

@ questions:

Did you find out why Courtney left/got booted? confused24.gif

Was it "really" done in 7 days and how many people on the build?

You will see how many people were on the build, they're at the reveal. The car was deliverable but still needed some minor adjustments. The upholstery people were last and were having a tough time. The motor ran sweet, but my cohort on the drivetrain had backed off the choke adjustment prior to the 7 hour wait til the reveal. Thus when we started it, it didn't want to idle. I'm sure they will edit around that. I haven't seen any footage except when we were off screen during the reveal. They introduced us to the lady (Marilyn), basically one at a time on camera. Several of us had microphones on most of the time, but were only turned on during individual taping. Like I said....hopefully my part will come off well and everyone will enjoy the show.....Dad driving.gif
bernbomb914
I hope you had a good time doing this gig hope to see more 914 stuff .

Bernie
jonwatts
Very cool. Overhaulin has got to be the best car show on basic cable. There could always be more emphasis on techniques but the people are real.

Oh wait, Brad are you talking about "sealing" my 914 for the show? Maybe I shouldn't respond to this thread huh.gif

chairfall.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Jul 22 2006, 08:22 AM) *

Very cool. Overhaulin has got to be the best car show on basic cable. There could always be more emphasis on techniques but the people are real.

Oh wait, Brad are you talking about "sealing" my 914 for the show? Maybe I shouldn't respond to this thread huh.gif

chairfall.gif

Yeah we need a 914 conversion Overhaulin! happy11.gif

I think at least half those "marks" know what's going on...

Dad Roberts
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 22 2006, 08:44 AM) *

chairfall.gif

Can't really speak for ALL the owners but what few I have met were genuinely tricked. If you go to the TLC website you can access their forum and several of the owners are regulars on there. The husband of the owner of this Caddy ( Marilyn) came by during the week to check on the car and was just totally impressed with the talent he was experiencing there. He was also VERY impressed that some of us were there and NOT being paid. Oh yea....at the reveal he mentioned to a few of us that it had been awhile since he had......gotten any happy11.gif .....but was figuring that night was a sure thing biggrin.gif . Be sure and listen to Marilyn during the reveal.......she had some very cute remarks about some of the builders( if they don't edit it out)............Dad driving.gif
Dad Roberts
QUOTE(Dad Roberts @ Jul 22 2006, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 22 2006, 08:44 AM) *

chairfall.gif

Can't really speak for ALL the owners but what few I have met were genuinely tricked. If you go to the TLC website you can access their forum and several of the owners are regulars on there. The husband of the owner of this Caddy ( Marilyn) came by during the week to check on the car and was just totally impressed with the talent he was experiencing there. He was also VERY impressed that some of us were there and NOT being paid. Oh yea....at the reveal he mentioned to a few of us that it had been awhile since he had......gotten any happy11.gif .....but was figuring that night was a sure thing biggrin.gif . Be sure and listen to Marilyn during the reveal.......she had some very cute remarks about some of the builders( if they don't edit it out)............Dad driving.gif

Ya got your TVos and recorders set biggrin.gif ? Maybe they will show the part where Foose slept yellowsleep[1].gif in the Caddys trunk (with it closed) for 2 hours?..........Dad driving.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 21 2006, 03:55 PM) *

I found it interesting that Boyd's old CNC wheel guy showed up on the show a few weeks back designing wheels with Foose.

B

That is the same reason Boyd fired him! Caught him doing Foose wheels on Boyd time. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Dad Roberts @ Jul 21 2006, 03:39 PM) *

Dad driving.gif

Do something to a 914 that has never been done before say....a turbo or a truck!

thumb3d.gif
jd66921
How come the show tonight is called "My Lemama" tonight?? At least
inmy TV listings!
Steve Thacker
Courtney....yummmm
Walk a mile in brokenglass to KMA.gif

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing................
GWN7
It's listed as" A Cadliiac used for storage gets some much needed repair".

Up here.... on it 18 min
Lou W
9:00 on the left coast, 7:00 is the Lemama program.
spare time toys
Just finished watching it. VERRY NICE. I love the way the clasic look was kept and no dumb ass 24 inch ugly wheels clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Dad Roberts
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jul 25 2006, 07:25 PM) *

Just finished watching it. VERRY NICE. I love the way the clasic look was kept and no dumb ass 24 inch ugly wheels clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

No fair!!!!You got to see it before I did biggrin.gif . I've already gotten some feedback from the east coast. Sounds like it came off well. Thanks for the kudos. It will be on here at 9pm...................Dad driving.gif.....update....it's showing now here too....depends on your setup.....dish or cable.
MoveQik
Watching it now....pretty cool.
GWN7
Good show smile.gif
swood
Good show. Love to see classics cared for like that.

Will anyone get me hooked up with a '62 tbird resto? I'll buy one and you get it "stolen".

dry.gif smile.gif
Lou W
I'm watching it right now, the car sure looks nice. thumb3d.gif
Brad Roberts
WHOA!

My dad is COOL!! LOL

He even had camera time with the hot chick!!

I'm watching the 11pm showing here on the west coast.

B
rktmn247
QUOTE(Steve Thacker @ Jul 25 2006, 10:34 AM) *

Courtney....yummmm
Walk a mile in brokenglass to KMA.gif

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing................

Not Courtney, you can catch her on the Powerblock. The girl that replaced her goes by AJ. Also hot!

I thought it was a good show and a great car. They did a great job. Would have been cool if there was an 914 club t-shirt or hat snuck in there. clap56.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(swood @ Jul 25 2006, 08:37 PM) *

Good show. Love to see classics cared for like that.

Will anyone get me hooked up with a '62 tbird resto? I'll buy one and you get it "stolen".

dry.gif smile.gif

We got a '63 sitting in the garage. smile.gif
Steve Thacker
I want Courtney to come back. WHAAAA!!!!!!
I just love her dimples. give her the darn cash and bring her back!
Nothing against AJ, she just doesn't do it for me.
AZ914
Congrats Dad Roberts! I think I spotted you a couple of times.

That was a great show. I really appreciate the fact that they kept that car classic, didn't put on the big Foose rims, kept the whitewalls, etc.

AJ is hot but Courtney's smile and dimples were infectious.. wub.gif
Hawktel
AJ lost me when she asked the other host guy if rust was bad.
SLITS
What other guys?

What car?

At least Dad didn't slobber.

Salmon (Eric Shea's shade of pink) motor.....pluheeese.

Fun show....especially since I knew someone famous was going to be on it.....otherwise, just reminds me of FOX UnReality.
nomore9one4
Great show and a very eligant build. clap56.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 21 2006, 03:53 PM) *

Courtney left because she wanted more money. I think she was much better than the new chick.

The new chick needs to eat a sammich (or 20), haha.
Awesome show, lots of chrome....you couldn't throw a couple 914 bumpers in that batch could ya (they never would have noticed). I'm a big Foose fan, is he as cool as he appears on TV and interviews?
Brad Roberts
Damn. I didnt even think about getting him a shirt for the show headbang.gif

Maybe next time!

I liked the build also. I'm betting they get a lot of good press out of this build. I'm tired of seeing lowered trucks/cars.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.