Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland GP on CBS now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Damn! Its so hot I'm indoors with the A/C, watching TV and posting! Portlant GP ALMS at PIR is on now. Looks lilke great competition in GT2! Go Flying Lizard (Porsche GT-3)!
msglaigaie
American Le Mans series. Cool way to waterski. Never seen that before.. The driver with the cast on his left hand does not look comfortable. A sprain they said. I wonder if he would continue to drive with it if it breaks??
carreraguy
QUOTE(msglaigaie @ Jul 23 2006, 12:34 PM) *

American Le Mans series. Cool way to waterski. Never seen that before.. The driver with the cast on his left hand does not look comfortable. A sprain they said. I wonder if he would continue to drive with it if it breaks??

He'll gut it out for the points - just like van Overbeek and his sprained shoulder that should be in a sling. The #7 RS Spyder just go taken out at the Festival turn in a screwed up pass attempt - will have to watch that replay; not sure it was his fault, looked like the other guy was blocking big time..
carreraguy
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 23 2006, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(msglaigaie @ Jul 23 2006, 12:34 PM) *

He'll gut it out for the points - just like van Overbeek and his sprained shoulder that should be in a sling. The #7 RS Spyder just go taken out at the Festival turn in a screwed up pass attempt - will have to watch that replay; not sure it was his fault, looked like the other guy was blocking big time..

Shadows look awfully long all of a sudden. Sure enough, this is a delayed broadcast, yesterday I guess.
dinomium
naughty naughty Corvette #5! And ya, the summer sun is still HIGH in the sky here in the Pac Nor west so tape delay for sure!
carreraguy
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 23 2006, 01:42 PM) *

naughty naughty Corvette #5! And ya, the summer sun is still HIGH in the sky here in the Pac Nor west so tape delay for sure!

Yeh, I should have known better - there's no way CBS would broadcast a complete ALMS race - too long. Oh well, it was fun watching some of the action. Too bad the RS Spyders didn't do better - betcha Penske is pissed!
smontanaro
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 23 2006, 02:18 PM) *

Damn! Its so hot I'm indoors with the A/C, watching TV and posting! Portlant GP ALMS at PIR is on now. Looks lilke great competition in GT2! Go Flying Lizard (Porsche GT-3)!

I stumbled upon that this afternoon as well. Very weird (though still cool) to see something other than NASCAR on the major networks...

Skip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.