Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: honda conv.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9143.2vtec
I am going to try to post some pics. of my conv.I tried and failed, can't figure how to make pics. smaller to attatch. will try later before i throw this --itbox of a computer out the door.got a ton of pics when i figure it out.
iamchappy
Hurry, I cant wait to see...
porschecb
WTF.gif
turboman808
sounds like a scary ride. Guessing you got 400 hp at least in there.
Mueller
http://www.irfanview.com/

excellent and free photo editor....

I figured it was just a matter of time before someone used that motor...popular motor for the dunebuggy crowd........
Jeroen
read the FAQ
good info there!
TROJANMAN
dude,
i'm biting nails over here. let's see some pics biggrin.gif

WaideS
Ummm will somebody convert these photos PA-LEEZE

I'm gonna have to drive down to Mesa to see the car in person, I guess biggrin.gif
9143.2vtec
Tried to add pics again, i'm a loser, I don't know any thing about computers. Just think 280hp out of a 3.5L bone stock honda vtec motor and get 30 mpg out of daily driving besides adding a turbo wich should put me at around 420ish hp. Not bad for a junkyard motor for $650.00, I got a good deal I know a gut who owns half of 35th ave. & broadway, guys in az know this area. I figure with adapt. radiator,motor,turbo and misc. parts i should be around $2500.00, not bad for a computer run 400hp motor. I will try this even. to get pics sent. russell
Mueller
for those that are impatiant, here is what a Honda/Acura V6 looks like....now just use your imagination on what it'll look like installed in a 914 smile.gif

IPB Image

nice motor, not as light as I thought it would be....

MOTOR WEIGHT COMPARISONS (from FunCo-motorsports or C&G Performance)

Subaru 2.5L N/A 285lbs. The motor mounts are 4 lbs
Subaru 2.5L intercooled turbo 320lbs. The motor mounts are 4lbs.

Northstar V8 n/a 510lbs. The motor mounts = 12 lbs
Northstar V8 twin turbo 565lbs. The motor mounts = 12 lbs

LS1 V8 n/a 480lbs. The motor mounts = 12 lbs
LS1 V8 twin turbo 520lbs. The motor mounts = 12 lbs

Honda 3.5L intercooled turbo 465lbs.
Honda 3.5L n/a 430lbs.

Mazda rotary 2 rotor, 285lbs
Mazda rotary 3 rotor, 480lbs

VW Stroker 2.3L N/A 260lbs. No radiator
VW Turbo 2.2L 285lbs. No radiator, no intercooler
(Rarely does anyone use a VW motor on a new sandcar anymore, we only include this for comparison)

Radiator and cooling plumbing adds about 75 lbs for water cooled cars.

turboman808
SOHC turbo honda piratenanner.gif

Can't find the info but was told the motor with tranny is 400lbs

Surprised the mazda is so heavy
gregrobbins
Russell, email me the photo and I will resize and post for you. I am doing this on the public forum so everyone knows you will owe me a ride. biggrin.gif

greg.robbins@cox.net
TravisNeff
popcorn[1].gif

Will you need to run reverse cams to get the engine to spin the right way (like you have to for the honda 4 cyls?)
Mueller
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jul 26 2006, 03:04 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Will you need to run reverse cams to get the engine to spin the right way (like you have to for the honda 4 cyls?)

no, in fact the latest generation of 4 banger hondas spin the "correct" direction...
JPB
Crap brother, I can get one of these right now for like 100$ in town at a scrap yard. How about the adapter plate and such. gimme some info plz. I don't think its turbo thougth.

beer.gif Hp hp, hphphp!
Andyrew
adapter plate and such. Kennedy (KEP) can adapt anything.
Mueller
we're waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
lapuwali
I'm also surprised the rotary is so heavy. A two-rotor weighs more than a Type IV...

75lbs to add a radiator and plumb it sounds excessive. An aluminum and plastic radiator weighs about 5lbs. 2 gallons of water is about 16lbs. I have a hard time believing the hoses are over 50lbs.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jul 26 2006, 05:04 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

I thought the same thing...

I thought only the S2000 engine spun correctly? but I trust what Mueller said...
Brad Roberts
OK. Now you are killing me. Help me out bro.. post some pics or email them to someone who can!! biggrin.gif

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.