Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 2.0 liter exhaust system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
copilot
I have located two pieces of what appears to be an original exhaust system for my 1975 2.0 liter. There is an outlet on each muffler that I don't know their purpose (or even if they are original). If anyone could email me a couple of pictures of an original 1975 2.0 liter exhaust system I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Bleyseng
the bottom HE is for the 75-76
copilot
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 26 2006, 10:25 AM) *

the bottom HE is for the 75-76

Thanks for the fast reply and the HE information. The parts I am trying to figure out are the two mufflers that attach to the HE's. One muffler has an outlet with a flange that looks like something that would connect to a VW type 1 heat riser and the other has a small welded up 1/4" outlet.
Rand
I'm thinking that welded-up hole was the tap for the egr valve?
Bleyseng
copilot
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 26 2006, 11:26 AM) *

Many thanks Geoff! Looks like I have found the original mufflers I need.
Do you happen to know what conects to the small outlet above the main pipe on 1A?
It looks like I am missing parts 19 through 22.
Unfortunately, I have to re-smog my car for the local authorities.
Bleyseng
Maybe you are talking about the EGR pipe that everyone tossed as soon as possible? It went from the air cleaner to the muffler in that little pipe. Wasn't that Calif only???? It sure was on my 77 Westy.

Factory manual pic of the 75 muffler cool_shades.gif
ejm
Do you happen to know what conects to the small outlet above the main pipe on 1A?

That was a test port to check emissions ahead of the cat. Part 24 was a cap for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.