Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A real cool guy move!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chogokin
OK This has got to take the taco! cool.gif This is a sad story about a stupid guy that works for me, sad because I had to spell out for him what he did. At the start of this story, this fellow owns a 95 green honda civic in pretty good condition that he likes, but thinks he needs more room. So 4 weeks ago he trades the honda on a 99 Landrover Discovery blink.gif , ok, so he gets $4000 for his honda, pays an additional $4500 for the Landrover, and AND $3000 for a 2 year warranty slap.gif on the rover!! Bringing the grand total to $12k. This is not even the dumb part yet. biggrin.gif 3 weeks ago his wife informed him that she is divorcing him, unsure.gif which I guess REALLY threw the stupid switch on him screwy.gif BECAUSE... Just yesterday he decided that he no longer liked the rover mileage "cost too much to fill up" he said, SO he took his 99 Rover to the Honda dealership GAVE them $500 and the now $12,000 Rover for get this [b]A 96 HONDA CIVIC! in the same condition as his 95, and with no warranty!! alfred.gif Hell he should have kept his $8k, I'd have kicked him in the nuts for free!!! whack_3.gif
So.Cal.914
This is your drugs on brain.....Any answers.
GWN7
well you can see why the wife has had enough.....
Chogokin
OH I almost forgot!! boldblue.gif He went to another dealership earlier, they didn't want to trade but the salesman said he would buy the Rover outright for $10k, Gary said, I'd like to get the $12 I paid for it... The salesmans said well, let me do some calling and I'll give you a call later... too late chair.gif
Mike McGrath
This guy works for you??? Please say you don't run a high tech or national security company. smile.gif
Allan
When did this happen to me?
SGB
stories like this make me feel good about myself...
elwood-914
QUOTE(SGB @ Jul 26 2006, 08:49 PM) *

stories like this make me feel good about myself...

Amen brother............ thumb3d.gif
Chogokin
QUOTE(Mike McGrath @ Jul 26 2006, 10:02 PM) *

This guy works for you??? Please say you don't run a high tech or national security company. smile.gif

Worse... I'm military!!! ohmy.gif
pfierb
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 26 2006, 08:58 PM) *

OK This has got to take the taco! cool.gif This is a sad story about a stupid guy that works for me, sad because I had to spell out for him what he did. At the start of this story, this fellow owns a 95 green honda civic in pretty good condition that he likes, but thinks he needs more room. So 4 weeks ago he trades the honda on a 99 Landrover Discovery blink.gif , ok, so he gets $4000 for his honda, pays an additional $4500 for the Landrover, and AND $3000 for a 2 year warranty slap.gif on the rover!! Bringing the grand total to $12k. This is not even the dumb part yet. biggrin.gif 3 weeks ago his wife informed him that she is divorcing him, unsure.gif which I guess REALLY threw the stupid switch on him screwy.gif BECAUSE... Just yesterday he decided that he no longer liked the rover mileage "cost too much to fill up" he said, SO he took his 99 Rover to the Honda dealership GAVE them $500 and the now $12,000 Rover for get this [b]A 96 HONDA CIVIC! in the same condition as his 95, and with no warranty!! alfred.gif Hell he should have kept his $8k, I'd have kicked him in the nuts for free!!! whack_3.gif

You are kidding isn't that called reverse something or other.... Well at least he got to drive the Land Rover for a few days.Hope this guy dosen't work in your bookeeping Dept.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 27 2006, 06:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike McGrath @ Jul 26 2006, 10:02 PM) *

Hey, stupid people do stupid things. Being in the military has nothing to do with it. A good leader will make sure this knuckle head works up to his "safe working load". be it shining bright work or stacking boxes. When his obligated service is satisfied send him back to where he came from. The civilian population mad.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 27 2006, 04:33 AM) *

aktion035.gif Me too... Army Aviation. (shh, used to be 88M trucker... going from there to Aviation is almost like retiring!) lol
double-a
you think that's bad? i know an idiot who bought a junker '75 914 for 400 bucks, then proceeded to pour $18,000 into it over the course of the following year. what a moron! wacko.gif

oh wait, that was me... dry.gif

~a

QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 26 2006, 05:58 PM) *

pfierb
QUOTE(double-a @ Jul 27 2006, 11:04 AM) *

you think that's bad? i know an idiot who bought a junker '75 914 for 400 bucks, then proceeded to pour $18,000 into it over the course of the following year. what a moron! wacko.gif

oh wait, that was me... dry.gif
Don't feel bad I did the same thing with an Alfa Spyder......when I got through I had one of the most expensive junk Alfas in existence!!!!
~a

QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 26 2006, 05:58 PM) *

KaptKaos
Blame it on the womens. Made his brains all mushy. laugh.gif
Sammy
Like I always say, "a fool and his money are my best friends".

Another one is, "if you sometime have trouble differentiating reality from fantasy, can I borrow $100?"

Both of these sayings apply to this guy. Either that or he is a genius and was throwing the money away just ot keep the bitch from getting it, who knows?
BMXerror
QUOTE(Sammy @ Jul 27 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Like I always say, "a fool and his money are my best friends".

Another one is, "if you sometime have trouble differentiating reality from fantasy, can I borrow $100?"

Both of these sayings apply to this guy. Either that or he is a genius and was throwing the money away just ot keep the bitch from getting it, who knows?

If you're gonna do that, then get a bank account in the Cayman Islands! Don't throw away all your money. Then after the devorce you end up with half of nothing, instead of half of your life savings. slap.gif alfred.gif chair.gif
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.