Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stub Axle question -- CV's to use?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I was cleaning out my parts shelf last night and came across a brand new set of stub axles that I purchased from Pelican a few years back. These were the ones where you can use late model CV's I believe and are mounted in the trailing arms.

Does anyone know anything about these things? I honestly cannot remember why I bought them as The Beast already has axles and such. But I did and I have a brand new set.

I'm going to fire sale them out, but I want to provide information for the new owner.

The ultimate brain fade..... blink.gif

laugh.gif

Here's a pic of them.....

Bill P.
Jeroen
can you post the part#'s
that may be helpfull identifying them
nine14cats
Hi Jeroen,

I looked on the stub axles and there is no stamping on them with a p/n. I also looked on Pelican's site and could not find them.

Maybe Dave D. remembers the particulars on these axles....

Bill P.
db9146
I'm interested in them as soon as you find out a little more about the CV joint to use.
Phoenix-MN
I have the same stub axles from Pelican. The use the stock CV's and the splines fit the 1970 911 hubs.
nine14cats
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jul 27 2006, 08:53 AM) *

I have the same stub axles from Pelican. The use the stock CV's and the splines fit the 1970 911 hubs.

Thanks Paul! clap56.gif

So I must have bought them so I wouldn't have to either drill out the -4 hubs or buy the Rich Johnson hubs.

Hmmm....I DID buy Rich's hubs for the 914-6 race car....I wonder why I kept these...must have been for the street V8 project I always wanted to do....but I bought JLO, which already had the 5 lug conversion.

Anyone else forget things? blink.gif

I worry myself sometimes....

Bill P.
neo914-6
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jul 27 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Thanks Paul! clap56.gif

So I must have bought them so I wouldn't have to either drill out the -4 hubs or buy the Rich Johnson hubs.

Hmmm....I DID buy Rich's hubs for the 914-6 race car....I wonder why I kept these...must have been for the street V8 project I always wanted to do....but I bought JLO, which already had the 5 lug conversion.

Bill P.

Hey Bill,

I just found you had 914 axles and CV's on your old race car. How did you fit them in 5 lug hubs? Are they special stub axles? I was hoping my 911 & 930 CV/axles would bolt up to them. Fortunately I have 5 lug hubs in trailing arms that I bought for the V8 car.

Memory fade is a common occurance but then I have limited capacity in there laugh.gif
nine14cats
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 1 2006, 11:16 PM) *

Thanks Paul! clap56.gif

Bill P.

Hey Bill,

I just found you had 914 axles and CV's on your old race car. How did you fit them in 5 lug hubs? Are they special stub axles? I was hoping my 911 & 930 CV/axles would bolt up to them. Fortunately I have 5 lug hubs in trailing arms that I bought for the V8 car.

Memory fade is a common occurance but then I have limited capacity in there laugh.gif

Hi Felix,

The 5 lug axles in your car are the special 914-6 conversion axles that Rich Johnson produces. I bought them through Brad in 2003 if my fading memory serves me..... blink.gif

laugh.gif

I think Rich Johnson still makes them.

Bill P.
914Sixer
I am also interested in them if you are selling. Paypal?
So.Cal.914

Bill P.

What was the question?
neo914-6
Bill,

Rich tells me he doesn't build axles only 5x130 hub conversions. I wouldn't think you would run redrilled hubs on the race car? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.