Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid people should take the LC(loser cruiser/public transit)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
I see this primate in a land yacht, planning to do the wrong thing, I have the green light, I honk the horn(dual horns for added loudness) and make eye contact, "Hey small orange car over here" , I am making a U-turn, BTW.

Looks right at me and he rolls on through his red light, as I am honking at him repeatedly. He started to close me out against the curb as I swung in behind him, holding the horn down by now, memorizing his plate and thinking, "I only drive this car when it is nice out, not my daily driver. Where can I find two 4 lug fuchs as nice as these? Would I die if I got hit by a Suburban, even at 20 mph, thought that as I read the ESCALADE in big, friendly letters, below his door guard, that is right at eye level for me." I went to the store, bought 12 Bass Ales and feel much better now.

I will be so frickin' pissed if some dickhead hits me when I am driving that car, one of the reasons it looks so bad. When I painted my convertible bug, some old lady clipped me, signalling a right turn as she hung a U turn in front of me from the right lane on a 4 lane street. Bug was pretty sharp in evasive maneuver though, can't believe I did not T-bone her, happened within a month of getting it painted driving.gif . Only got a small crease in the passenger side rear fender, near rear bumber, not really visible in photo
madd_dogg_914
One of the problems with driving a small car. Even if you make eye contact, I swear people dont see you. They are looking right through you. Hell I was in a bank parking lot and a gal in a Suburban backed right into me (I was waiting for another parking spot) She hit my car, and then pushed me about 4 feet (my horn didn't work. It broke the glass (she was backing right into the drivers door) so I just started ounding on her back window to get her to stop. She finally did, and got out of her car, then started looking underneath her Suburban. I crawled out the passenger door and went over and asked what she was doing. She said "I think I ran over a bicyclist!" OH MY GOD! Insurance paid me a whoping $700. Got a green door off of a junker, and everything was back to normal.

-Chris
914 LOVER!!!
Seagrave
If you think you don't get no respect in your little car, try riding a motorcycle.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Seagrave @ Jul 29 2006, 12:16 AM) *

If you think you don't get no respect in your little car, try riding a motorcycle.

agree.gif multiple times, daily dry.gif
grasshopper
some stupid bitch almost hit us the other day. She wasn't even in an SUV...she was in a camry or some Jap car like that.... we were driving through a parking lot, and then out of the middle of nowhere, some idiot floors it out of her parking space in reverse...I'm serious..she floored it. Stupid bitch was putting on her makeup....and then when we blew our horn at her she stuck her hand out the window and gave us the finger... WTF.gif...bitch..
John
she stuck her hand out the window and gave us the finger...

Then I guess that she saw you.
Brett W
QUOTE(Seagrave @ Jul 28 2006, 08:16 PM) *

Then try riding a bike, even the motorcycle guys are rude arrogant road hogs. They don't have any respect for people on the road. Don't feed me that line. I have had just as many motorcyclist harrass me on the road as I have cars. headbang.gif

You have to drive agressively when you are in a small car. Drive as though no one sees you, becuase that is how it is.
eg914
two rules to driving a small car (actualy any vehicle):

1. Nobody sees you
2. Everbody is out to crush you

can you say "healthy dose of paranoia"
Tobra
QUOTE(eg914 @ Jul 28 2006, 11:50 PM) *

two rules to driving a small car (actualy any vehicle):

1. Nobody sees you
2. Everbody is out to crush you

can you say "healthy dose of paranoia"

See now, that is why I fixed my horn and put the second one on. I drive with that attitude ALL the time. I honked at him before he did the wrong thing, and he did it anyway. Glad to see you did not spontaneously combust driving your little white car in the 115* heat

I will not ride a motorcycle on the street because of this very thing. When I was rdign my bicycle a lot, I started carrying my .38 with me in case another hillbilly threw a bottle at me, Hell yes, I would shoot back at them
Flat VW
IPB Image

ph34r.gif
73Phoenix20
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 28 2006, 09:01 PM) *

some stupid bitch almost hit us the other day. She wasn't even in an SUV...she was in a camry or some Jap car like that.... we were driving through a parking lot, and then out of the middle of nowhere, some idiot floors it out of her parking space in reverse...I'm serious..she floored it. Stupid bitch was putting on her makeup....and then when we blew our horn at her she stuck her hand out the window and gave us the finger... WTF.gif...bitch..

Those are the ones I personally introduce to Mr. Browning (9mm Hi Power; Belgium, not Buenos Aires!) Crazy bitch driving a ratty VW Rabbit at my boat dealership gets all kinds of nuts 'cause she says I opened my 914's door into the side of her car!!! I love the 2.0 way too much to EVER tap another car, and just keep praying someone in a duece and a quarter doesn't do that to me, so there was NO WAY I was within five inches of her POS. I try to explain, nicely that I never touched the VDub... She's not getting a word of it!
So I take off, and 2 minutes later, she is on my ass in the center of downtown Michigan City (which is why I had the piece with me! If you know MC, you understand that one!) and trying to ram me up the ass! Screaming out the window that "My car might be a POS but nobody is going to kick it around"... Very close to lunatic condition!
So I do a lane hop to the right, and she comes up on my driver's side, trying to sideswipe me!!! That did it... pulled the cannon out of the center console box, stuck it out the window, and said lady, get out of here or get f*****g dead!
Seemed to make an appropriate impression...never saw a Rabbit pedal that fast!
And for the attorneys out there, yes, I am licensed to carry and yes, I was most definitely in fear of my life! This Bitch was certifiably NUTS!!!
And I never did find out what she was doing at the dealership... they only sell SeaRay parts, not crack! Anyway, too many crazies to drive our toys safely... just put it up on jack stands and polish it once in a while. They last a lot longer that way! biggrin.gif
mikelsr
QUOTE(Seagrave @ Jul 28 2006, 11:16 PM) *

Yea, even deer don't give you any respect! They just jump out in front of you and expect you to move over or stop! But I showed her! I walked/crawled/limped away and she didn't!
Dr Evil
I pretty much keep Grant's point of view.....except I have been hit many times. It paid for my toys and some college dry.gif

On the motorcycle:
-Winnebago
-CRX
-Small truck

Motorcycle parked X2
914 parked X2

Cherokee:
-Totaled by idiot who pulled out infront of me

All except the winnebago happend with in the 4 years that I was in undergrad in San Diego, the small truck + motorcycle and Cherokee within the same month dry.gif

All also happend at 35mph in 35mph zones, too.

To date, I have not caused one accident!
MoveQik
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 28 2006, 10:01 PM) *

some stupid bitch almost hit us the other day. She wasn't even in an SUV...she was in a camry or some Jap car like that....

What does driving an SUV have to do with it? Stupid drivers are stupid regardless of what vehicle you put them in.
grasshopper
because people in SUV's have even less of a chance of seeing you, because you are about at their door.
MoveQik
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 29 2006, 10:33 AM) *

because people in SUV's have even less of a chance of seeing you, because you are about at their door.

Like I said....it's the driver. I have an SUV(Tahoe) and I don't change lanes into people. You gotta know your vehicle.
grasshopper
Yes, it is the driver, but when people in SUV's back into people, it can be just plain stupidity, OR it can be an accident, where the car was so low it was out of their view.
Tobra
John, I flashed on you too when that happened, same yokohama tires

Thing about the SUV driver with cranial anal insertion is notthat it is such a cliche, but more importantly, the consequences of them not paying attention, not to mention the added level of difficulty to pilot such a large vehicle.

In this situation it was a case of willful disregard for the consequences of his actions. I honked and made eye contact before he entered the intersection, then again when he crossed the crosswalk, and just held it down when he had proceeded far enough that I could not complete the turn. Some people are just jackasses

The old woman who clipped me in the bug was driving a mid 80's jetta
porschecb
I drive a full size 3/4 ton Dodge van as my driver. I NEVER roll through stops or reds but I can't belive the amount of the lack of fear I see from others in to the ramafactions of what could happen if I did not pay attention to the stupidity of others. mad.gif I can not tell you how many lives I haved saved in the last 6 years because of no fear and lack of common sense. One day it will happen I guess. sad.gif I just hope there are no kids in the car when it does. I have had to stop my van with eight people and and 35 gallons of gas before and you wont belive how long it takes to stop in a panic. Yea I feel safe but I also feel sorry for people who have no respect for self preservation. just my .02.
Porcharu
When I am driving my big ass truck I am the "anti-suv" driver. I know full well what an 8000lb truck will do to 2500lb car and what it may cost me if I were to kill a car-full of people. I always use turn signals, always stop (completely) and do everything in a slow predictible manner (I will "blow the gunk out" of the turbo now and then if I'm first at the light) so if I didn't see someone they can get out of the way.
I still see some moron in a similar vehicle driving like an ass almost every day of the week, weaving thru traffic to get the red light first, running stop signs, speeding etc.

When I was in school some yahoo in a blazer swerved into the left side of the street just to run me into the gutter while I was riding my bicycle - the idiot didn't did this a few houses down the street from where he lived. I came back a few nights later and drained the rearend oil (into a drain pan that I carried away so he didn't notice.) A few days later he's working on his melted rear end in the driveway. mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.