Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cold start valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
73 1.7 d-jet cold start valve definitely toast (dr. evil certified) can it be fixed?
Dr Evil
Not cold start, Rich. It is the AAR. The CSV is the extra fuel injector in your air intake plenum. The AAR is the unit that supplies extra air for start up wink.gif

Chef needs help/replacement of his AAR
Leo Imperial
He needs to step away from the computer for a few and relax.

The car is running WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better, so fuged aboud it for a few and give me a few day to see I have one in the stash. Then if I have one you can drive out here in that orange beast and pick it up.

Thanks again for the killer BBQ last night beerchug.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jul 28 2006, 05:52 PM) *

He needs to step away from the computer for a few and relax.

The car is running WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better, so fuged aboud it for a few and give me a few day to see I have one in the stash. Then if I have one you can drive out here in that orange beast and pick it up.

Thanks again for the killer BBQ last night beerchug.gif

good advice if i need my socket extension i get a new one.will do
jim_hoyland
You easily tell how stuck it may be by removing the AAR from the car, spray some WD-40 in it. Then put it in the refrigerator for a hour or so. If the shield inside the AAR orifice hole) opens, you can easily blow air through it, then it's prolly not stuck; but now you connect the terminals of the AAR to the battery and watch to see if the orifice (hole) closes. If it does, the AAR works !

Note, I did this on a 1.8 AAR; I'm not certain whether the 1.7 is the same
Dr Evil
No problem opening, it is stuck that way and no chemical treatments that I tried worked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.