Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
I'm building a weekend driver/track car. I want something a little more comfortable then the stock seats has anyone tried anything else? Whats "big guy" friendly? I have a friend who has Recaros in his teener, the steering wheel and shifter trap my right knee... So Recaros are out. Any other thoughts? How about those Corbeau Sport classics?

Thanks!
Mike
ChrisReale
we need numbers...how tall, how big...makes a difference. Im 6'1-ish and my knees hit my wheel, which is a Momo Monte Carlo. Thats on stock seats. Corbeau web site has measurements. Some seats have a max of 36" waist, others are for 35" and up etc...
Sparky
6', 240ish, with a MoMo Benneton wheel.

Thanks!
Mike
Jeroen
Get a steering wheel spacer... this will put the steeringwheel closer to your chest (better control) and will improve legroom

Which Recaro's did your friend have?
If you don't fit in them Pole Positions, your ass is too big biggrin.gif

But seriously, all the big names in seats have "big guy" sizes (Sparco, Momo, OMP, Cobra, Corbeau)
Spend some dough on a decent seat (FIA approved) and stay away from those t-framed seats

cheers,

Jeroen
boxstr
I met a trio of teener owners from the Bay area at the Ventura German Autofest. One of the cars they were driving had 1974 and newer 911 seats in it. He removed the bacckpad and installed some thin nice looking black carpet. I tried them out, work great and they fit without having to remove the side to side brace, that the stock 914 seat rail sits on.
CCLINVENTURAVILLE
Randal
Tony (TC Design) just put a Kirkey (Intermediate Road Racing) seat in my 914. It is 16” wide and is raked back something like 15%. He didn't have to cut anything, including my cage.

The seat fits perfectly, looks great and more importantly works.

I tried it at an LPR autox on Sunday and it felt like everything was in slow motion. Must have been the first time I was actually planted in the car.

BTW I tried to put in a Corbeau, using their hardware, and the seat, while nice, was just way high. My head hit the roof and I'm only 6-1.

Kirkey has all kinds of seats. I was tempted to use the drag racing seat as about the only difference is the wings at the shoulder and it is way cheaper.
d914
kirkley I think now has a cheaper version of the road seat, about 250+, down from over $600. Plus on the kirkely you can trim the foam undeneath to get lower still.

I run the indermedate, cut one of the rib protectors alittle, right elbow kept hitting it, other wie fine.

Also ultra-sheild has rally and road seats in ALuminum also, good prices, $250 range again.
d914
plus for some of us the seats come in 18in , still working on lightening up the driver.
ChrisReale
Now that you mention it, a guy I AX with has a Kirkey seat, and he is like 6'3". I think he mounted it to the floor. Nice seat.
URY914
I'm 6'-3" and 230 lbs. I use a JAZ aluminum drag seat bolted to the floor with a 3/4" spacer. I don't recommend it in anything buy a pure autox car. It is not designed for a track. It's light and small but your ass and back will kill you.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.