Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thomas... the day has come
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Finally bolted these back together. Some of you followed the (slow) progress. They had to be de-anodized, re-anodized, de-anodized, polished, knockback pins removed, re-anodized, new rear seals...etc.

New Stomski SS pistons installed.

Enjoy.
JoeSharp
Really look awsom Eric.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Allan
Nice work...
Eric_Shea
Thanks Guys,

Glenn's are done as well (silver). Just waiting on new crossover pipes. These were pitted fairly heavily. The second round of polish really got that out. You can still see some pitting in the pad area but nothing that affects function.
T H O M A S
look realy nice,thank you so much smiley_notworthy.gif
swood
Those are sweet!! Worth waiting for I bet. They'll look good with Eggplant around em.

smile.gif
sixnotfour
Eric , those look great , I found these in my storage unit and took a picture just for you
Eric_Shea
Damn Jeff... those look nice. Got any extra crossover pipes? (I know you're a parts hoarder) biggrin.gif

The one thing you have to look out for with S-Calipers is pitted pistons. Because they are made of AL, ATE "plates" the pistons (no dissimilar metals). Because so many of these are in cars that sit and may not get proper brake fluid matinence, water gets in and gathers around the seal. The seal rests against the plated piston and rusts and flakes the plating off. Almost all of the one's we've done need new Stomski SS pistons.

Thomas... no worries, sorry for the delays. The rears will ship later in the week. We have about 60 calipers at the platers right now... business has been crazy.

So.Cal.914
Eyegasms.
swood
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 31 2006, 09:36 PM) *

Eyegasms.

chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.