Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DAPO Trick?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
Fixing a fuel hose leak on a carbed car and found these:
They were used on Holley fuel pressure regulator, with no hose clamps; the leakage was at the carb end of the hose though. Are these something special for fuel systems or am I better off using a standard hose barb fitting?
Thanks,
Harvey
tdgray
Looks like a hose repair fitting...as in garden hose.

Ditch it and get some standard barbed fittings and good clamps.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(tdgray @ Aug 1 2006, 05:44 AM) *

Looks like a hose repair fitting...as in garden hose.

Ditch it and get some standard barbed fittings and good clamps.

To you it might look like that, but to me it looks like a "push loc" fitting for automotive use. Takes special hose, though, which I'm sure it didn't have. Used properly, it works much better than that SS braided cr*p. The Cap'n
Joe Bob
Use steel braided hose and die....

The push on lock stuff is pretty good....as long as the proper hose and barb end are used.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(tdgray @ Aug 1 2006, 05:44 AM)

To you it might look like that, but to me it looks like a "push loc" fitting for automotive use. Takes special hose, though, which I'm sure it didn't have. Used properly, it works much better than that SS braided cr*p. The Cap'n

agree.gif

But the PO might have had the correct hose, it was the other side of the hose that was leaking.

-Rob
Root_Werks
Yup, I have used that fitting/hose combo before. It works really well, just gotta use the right hose. wink.gif
tdgray
Hmmm learn something new everyday smile.gif
HarveyH
Actually, it was just the cloth braid covered 8mm ID (?) rubber hose forced over the regulator fittings with aircraft clamps at the carb fittings. sad.gif
Maybe I'm lucky I didn't burn...
Thanks,
Harvey
Aaron Cox
google "aeroquip socketless blue"

a great alternative to AN braided lines
East coaster
OK......I'll bite, what's wrong with SS braided fuel lines??

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.