Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Injectors in a 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
It seams that my 1.7 has a dirty injector. I've run a fair amount of injector cleaner through it, and nothing seams to be happening. I have a set of good 2.0 injectors on the wreck, so the cheap side of me says to just pull them and put them in the 1.7. Is this a bad idea?
davep
It is a bad idea because the flow rate of the injector is wrong. The engine will run rich, and I do not think that can be adjusted out. There are many of us that would trade a 1.7 injector for a 2.0 injector; I certainly have lots of them available.

DaveP
Eric Taylor
Does anyone have a good working set of 1.7 injectors?
2teeners
I once tried that, and it went way rich, black plugs and all. As Dave said, there should many available around. I've got some too.
Bruce Allert
When I bought my 914 with its 1.7 I was doing some cleaning & noticed there were 2.0 injectors. I had heard the same as davep said. Different volume, will run rich so I went on a search for a set of 1.7 injectors. Got them & put them in. Car wouldn't run right. I changed the Head temp sensor... nadda. changed points, still ran crappy, I spent about $200 on electrical change outs & it still ran bad. Even cleaned the injectors multiple times. So, I put the 2.0's back in & it ran better than when I got it. (I even put in Pertronics ignition!) So, I figure if ya got good 2.0 injectors what's it gonna hurt to try. If it runs better than it is now.... GOOD. At least you can drive it until you find a good set of 1.7's, eh?
bruce
Eric Taylor
Bruce, sounds very encouraging! Are you currently running the 2.0's? I hope my car will run well again sometime
Thanks,
Eric
kdfoust
My 1.7 had 2.0 injectors in it when I bought it. It had a nasty stumble at low RPMs with the 2.0s. I replaced them with 1.7s and the stumble disappeared. YMMV.

Kevin
fiid
You ought to be able to change the mixture by adjusting the fuel pressure to accomodate the higher flow rate. Also - I think the 2.0 injectors are peak and hold where the earlier ones are not, but I don't know if that will make a difference.

FI tuning is fun!

Fiid.
davep
Eric,

I hope you are soon able to find some injectors. If not, then just ask. BTW, while you are at it, always replace the rubber seals on the tips. Heat and age cause them to shrink and leak air resulting in all sorts of problems (mostly, lean running).

DaveP
Bruce Allert
Yup, still got the 2's in and it runs gud smile.gif And ditto what DaveP said, change the rubbers. They're cheap on Pelican.
bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.