Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Son of a B**CH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
AAARRGGHHH headbang.gif

It seems that the powers that be do NOT want me to have a 914.

The first time I had one, I had to sell it because my business was going down the tubes and I needed money to survive. As soon as I sold it, things got better, I changed jobs and money was rolling in faster than I could deal with it.

I was a good boy and waited till I was completely back on my feet with all my bills paid and no debt to speak of before I bought my next one.

I've only had my car for about 4 months and the downward spiral has already started. The bills are mounting and the only clear path forward is to sell the car and use the money to even things out.

WHY DOES GOD HATE ME HAVING A 914? sad2.gif
drewvw

Sorry to hear that. I hope that putting my 1000th post in your thread will provide you with good fortune and turn things around.

good luck in working thru it clover.gif clover.gif clover.gif
Boojum
It's times like these which make one think that whoring himself out to all the women in town might be a viable solution. idea.gif
Jenny
What, like a man-whore?

Can you take out a line of credit or something to help with the bills?

Without getting too personal (we don't do that here, right?) are you having problems sustaining, or were there some unforseen bills that popped up? If it's problems sustaining, something's gotta give. If it's the latter, maybe a small line of credit loan to get you through the times would help.

Good luck,

Jen
Root_Werks
I have certainly been there-done-that a few times in my life. Sold a car to bail out of something, buy one later when things were better. I guess it's just part of life and what happens sometimes. unsure.gif

Good luck, I hope you can keep your 914. It sucks finding a good one. driving.gif
Toast
Try to look at possibly having to sell your car as a good thing, in that you will get something out of it.

You could have my luck. (I hope you never do!) Every 2 years and 11.5 months my car seems to get hit by another driver after I have fixed it all up. Then I get blamed for it! WTF.gif

Keeps my insurance nice and high because I can never reach that '3 years good driver' mark. mad.gif I think someone wants it that way. ph34r.gif
Brando
Quick! Put it in storage and forget about it!
GTeener
QUOTE(Brando @ Aug 9 2006, 12:23 PM) *

agree.gif
turboman808
I can totaly relate. Things got very bad for me both financialy and in my love life. I think the fact that my ex turned into a money hungry bitch hurt me most of all. My how people change.

Had to sell both my race cars and many racing bicycles just to survive. But I sold enough stuff to make it and went back to school. 1 1/2 years later I have a sweet 914 and I just paid most of the student loan I took out to pay for school.

Ex left me, got in deep debit, is mad depressed and got an ulcer.
She really resents the fact that I am doing well for myself now. finger.gif

Hopefully I have learned enough in life to quit going into these slumps anymore.
Jenny
QUOTE(GTeener @ Aug 9 2006, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Brando @ Aug 9 2006, 12:23 PM) *

agree.gif

Storage costs too. Probably more per month than upgrades to the car (considering how often our cars just sit on jackstands) cool_shades.gif

Jen
JPB
Thats what business is like friend. I know of many who have been drained by their business and when thngs got good, BAM, in came the IRS for a deadly blow. I don't think it has to do with the car or GOD but perhaps an indication for a change in business tactics. These are beginnig to be hard times and your life might be going into a transition. A car is never the problem unless you got it on credit.

beer.gif GOOD LUCK!
Wild 6
You need to believe in yourself no matter what happens in your life. Bad stuff really does happen to good people. From 2003-2004 I lost the equiavlent of a GT-2 and 10 years of maintenance. All of my key employees left because they thought the end was near. After sepnding everything I had in the bank and running up $200K in debt, the business finally turned around. I never gave up because I believed in what I was doing. Today, I'm debt free again. I am smarter person. And I am now surrounded by better (and arguably smarter) employees. NEVER GIVE UP. WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER.
Tobra
it is not God, it is Satan.

Good Luck
Dr. Roger
i had the same thing happen to me when i had a '63 karma ghia convertible... black on black.
carpenters union had over 500 out of work carpenters at the hall every morning. (1994-5)
i had to sell my house and my car. car first.

now i think more about future planning and thing are working out much better.
i'm getting out of I.T. after 10 years.
i'm back in school, and when i'm done, a new business will be starting... again. LOL

best of luck to you! =-)
;-)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.