Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Napa BBQ at McMark's, Aug 26
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
Trekkor, we'll do what we can. wink.gif

Anthony, I don't know. What time do you want it to start? idea.gif I'd guess between 1:30 & 2:00.
pffft
Is anyone heading up to the bbq that can meet 914_1.8t to grab some biggish
parts and drag them along for me?
He has graciously offered to
" meet one of the locals and give the parts to them." as he cannot attend.

These are control arms and axles.

I'm gonna make the trek down with some stupid old pictures and stories of James
to add some history to the memories.

patrick
anthony
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 22 2006, 11:55 PM) *

Trekkor, we'll do what we can. wink.gif

Anthony, I don't know. What time do you want it to start? idea.gif I'd guess between 1:30 & 2:00.

Any time is fine with me. Just wondering if there was a schedule. How long does it take?

Jenny
I'm gonna try to come, but will have to bail out early. I've got a birthday dinner in Gilroy @ 6pm to attend. How long does it take to get to Napa from south San Jo anyway? Two hours? Less?

Jen
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 24 2006, 11:19 AM) *

I'm gonna try to come, but will have to bail out early. I've got a birthday dinner in Gilroy @ 6pm to attend. How long does it take to get to Napa from south San Jo anyway? Two hours? Less?

Jen

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...e=UTF8&om=1

Google shows 2 hours, so probably less if you drive a little faster then the speed limits.
fiid
I'll be there. I'll probably be early, and sporting a 3 litre 6 of German construction.
mightyohm
Real 6's are horizontally opposed. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(fiid @ Aug 24 2006, 11:38 AM) *

I'll be there. I'll probably be early, and sporting a 3 litre 6 of German construction.

Jenny
*bump*

Jen
McMark
I'm cleaning house right now. Gotta get the place looking sharp. Don't forget Original Customs BBQ has a two drink minimum. ohmy.gif
carreraguy
Might not make it tomorrow - may be meeting up with a highly-recommended Suby tuner to evaluate my ECU.
Later,
Chris Pincetich
Just read through this again....
Engine class starts 1:30-2:00
Tasty burgers are when?
We need to bring a minimum of 2 drinks? biggrin.gif
I can harvest some BBQ able squash from my garden to contribute.
beerchug.gif
McMark
Burgers will be around noonish.

I have 24 burgers and buns, mayo, yellow mustard, ketchup, cheddar, and pickles. This is all I'll be providing. Anything else you want on your burger bring it along. Anything else you want to eat or drink, bring it along (chips, drinks, dessert, etc).

Don't forget we'll have the ping pong table set up and the pool will be OPEN! biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I may sneak in unsure.gif

KT
JoeSharp
I'm on my way.
Joe Sharp
fiid
Joe: You rock man.
McMark
mueba.gif SWEET!!!
jgara962
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 26 2006, 05:16 AM) *

I'm on my way.
Joe Sharp

Wow, that is aggressive!
McMark
The gauntlet has been thrown down. Now the NorCal guys are going to have to start showing up to SoCal events. driving.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 26 2006, 10:07 AM) *

The gauntlet has been thrown down. Now the NorCal guys are going to have to start showing up to SoCal events. driving.gif

and pigs fly?

LOL... see you norcalr's at joes next BBQ or at RRC?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 26 2006, 10:07 AM) *

I will pick up that gauntlet. Many of us will be at Ventura in a week or two...
Had a great time Mark... Thanks for hosting.

Trekkor
It was good to be there. What, 10 914's ( running ) on the property? laugh.gif

KT
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 26 2006, 10:00 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

just got back ... driving.gif

thanks for hosting mark! and thanks to everybody who showed up ... and thanks to joe for driving all the way up from SlowCal ... and thanks to (i forgot your name) for bringing the pictures of james ...
smilie_pokal.gif

and here are the pix ...

the gang standing around the future $5k engine:

Click to view attachment

closeup:

Click to view attachment

SlowCal Visitor:

Click to view attachment

What's left of the crew at sunset:

Click to view attachment

and some more Mueller bling ...

Click to view attachment

bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
and the paddock, panorama shot ... (click on image to see a large version)

piratenanner.gif Andy
RoadGlue
Mark - Thanks for the burger and being such a great BBQ host! It was great seeing so many familiar faces and meeting a bunch of new folks too.

I really appreciated Patrick (pffft) coming out and sharing his James Montebello stories and photos. That meant a lot.

Thanks for taking and posting those photos Andy!

Looking forward to yhr next get together.

Cheers,

Randy
fiid
agree.gif Big thanks to Mark for hosting, and also big thanks to Patrick for making the trip and sharing pictures and stories about James.

Trekkor
Great job on the pictures! Thanks.

KT
Joe Bob
Did you guys do the ceremonial "pee on Z's fender"?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 27 2006, 10:23 AM) *

Funny you should ask...

Though your motor sure sounds a lot better in my car then the old 2.0 I pulled out yesterday. You'll learn to enjoy it though, I promise.
JoeSharp
I made it home without a ticket, got stopped in Napa by a Sargent before 5am. I was speeding and had a tail light out and he cut me slack. He wanted to know what I was doing there at 5, I told him about James and the Club, asked me what I did for a living and I said that I worked for a Co. of L.A. as a carpenter sup. He let me go. Traffic only stopped once in LA.
Travel time 6:45, not bad.
Thanks again Mark
God Bless James.
Joe Sharp
McMark
Notice any jackets missing, Joe? Or was that a gift. laugh.gif Thanks for coming up it was great to see you again.

Thanks to everyone who came for making it a successful and fun event. I had a good time. Jeff Bowlsby arrived around 10 am, and Mueller and SirAndy left around 10 pm.

Andy, I'm glad you grabbed some pictures, because I got distracted every time I went for my camera.

JoeSharp
No Mark, That was a loading mistake. I put a wheel where the jacket was and frogot to put it back. Just bring it to the GAF.
Thanks again
Joe Sharp
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 27 2006, 10:23 AM) *

Nope... Took a big healthy Stromberg stromberg.gif and stuffed it in the vent ducts though... biggrin.gif

You gonna get back at us at Ventura next month???
Eric_Shea
Mark - Thanks for the burger

Mark had burgers? confused24.gif
McMark
burger.gif jsharp.gif

Mmmmm, only one left over.
Scott Carlberg
Sounds like you guys had a good time.

(YIPEE, I drove my 914 for the 1st time in about 18 months... up & down the alley)
piratenanner.gif

did anyone else get a *weird* feeling about this thread?

James Montebello started it back on August 9th.
anthony
I had a great time too. Thank you Mark for hosting us. Nice to meet you Joe!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.