Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are these holes on the battery stand for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Any ideas? confused24.gif
Allan
On my '75 the MPS and Decel valve were mounted there.
Bleyseng
That would be a tough reach for the MPS wiring!

JeffB, its swisscheesing to lighten the car since its yellow! av-943.gif
JeffBowlsby
Not originally they weren't. They should be mounted to that triangular plate to the right of the photo.

I have always thought these holes were odd, because I have not seen a used for them...surely there is a factory requirement for them for something. Do any 914 battery stands not have them?
Dads914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 17 2006, 01:05 PM) *

On my '75 the MPS and Decel valve were mounted there.

Mine are also mounted there. agree.gif
sportlicherFahrer
on the '75 1.8 I had, the resistor block and a couple FI relays were mounted there. Looked like there was no where else for those to go. I am pretty sure thats it.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 17 2006, 12:29 PM) *

Any ideas? confused24.gif

Well, this is a 70-74 car since the fuel pump mount is down below the battery tray. Maybe this is the holes for the Ljet relays as mentioned?

All Djet cars I have seen had the MPS/decel valve mounted on the triangle plate.
Bleyseng
original 76 engine setup showing the MPS/decel valve in the lower left corner
magaoidh
To stop the battery tray from rusting out????
So.Cal.914
My 72 does not have them.
sixnotfour
on the '75 1.8 I had, the resistor block and a couple FI relays were mounted there. Looked like there was no where else for those to go. I am pretty sure thats it.

agree.gif

yup mine too
TonyAKAVW
My '70 does not have the holes, but it has some different ones...

This was from when I stripped down the paint in the engine bay recently.

-Tony
ClayPerrine
That is where the L-Jet resistor block and double relay is mounted.

They were not on a 73 or older car, and any replacement battery tray support will have them.

Porsche Rescue
Geoff, your pic shows the pipe I am trying to ID in another thread (76 2.0). The larger diameter silver pipe with the 90 degree turn, connecting to some device and then to hose, what is it? Also, the smaller silver on connected to the air cleaner is a mystery to me. The car I am looking at has a block-off plate where that tube meets the air cleaner in your pic. Educate me please.
RustyWa
My '75 had the speed limiter thingy ma-bob attached to one of the holes using a screw. Looked stock.
Eric_Shea
Mine had a resistor block there...
sixnotfour
Geoff, your pic shows the pipe I am trying to ID in another thread (76 2.0). The larger diameter silver pipe with the 90 degree turn, connecting to some device and then to hose, what is it? Also, the smaller silver on connected to the air cleaner is a mystery to me. The car I am looking at has a block-off plate where that tube meets the air cleaner in your pic. Educate me please.

hijacked.gif air pump check valve and egr stuff
Bleyseng
EGR= Exhaust Gas Recirculation which takes some exhaust via the small pipe into the air cleaner. Now what the hell does that do?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.