Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior heater hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brownaar
I need to replace the heater hoses from the longs up to the dash. They disintegrated when pulling them loose for my install of an Engman long kit. The part number is 914 572 123 10. Trying to look online, nobody has them listed except AA. Is there another part number that will also work? I know there are other pieces of this hose for other parts of the ventilation system. Is it a length issue that would keep these from being interchangeable? Any good alternatives? I would think this hose doesn't see very high temps, so about anything would work. What have other people used?
DNHunt
Take a bit of the busted ones into a bug shop. They are the same lengtht and diameter as heater ducting in the later bugs. They are a bitch to get over the tubing though.

Dave
Mikey914
If there is a decent size airport nearby that sells aircraft heater hose, try it. Its the orange stuff. Its virtually the same size wise but tougher and cheaper. Worked great for me
SirAndy
QUOTE(brownaar @ Aug 18 2006, 06:22 AM) *

I need to replace the heater hoses from the longs up to the dash.

i bought a perfect replacement from EASY (brand new, i believe they are some sort of 911 part) ... right length, size, fitment and color even ...

http://www.easypor.com/

smile.gif Andy
wilchek
call Dave a GPR they have original style in 3 foot lenghts for under 20.00
brownaar
Here's a question. Is there any advantage to using the OEM stuff. It seems so brittle and there are less expensive alternatives. Any time I've ever worked with that type tubing, it takes everything I've got to keep from crushing it in places.
SirAndy
QUOTE(brownaar @ Aug 20 2006, 08:04 PM) *

Here's a question. Is there any advantage to using the OEM stuff. It seems so brittle and there are less expensive alternatives. Any time I've ever worked with that type tubing, it takes everything I've got to keep from crushing it in places.

the stuff i got is pretty sturdy and not brittle at all. i think it deteriorates (sp?) over time and with heat, but the new stuff was easy to work with and didn't break ...

smile.gif Andy
vesnyder
Trying going to McMaster Carr web site. I've replaced hosing in the 914 and my 911 with hose from these guys. They are an industrial supply house and have just about anything you need - just need the ID.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.