Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poohsan
I finally have some time to work on my 1975 1.8L. I’m working on the electrical first, as not all of it works. I’m hoping I can get some questions answered from you guys.

Thanks,
Arron

I’m not sure if the PO made any changes to the electrical. I’m also not sure what should be their as I have no reference point.

I’m posting images of the Relay Board in the engine compartment and other places I have question about.

Questions:
1. Is there anything missing from the board? I see open sockets.
Click to view attachment

2. Is this single wire supposes to be plugged into this socket?
Click to view attachment

3. The coil has been relocated to the fire wall. Where should it be located?

4. There are a lot of small wires coming from the top of the coil. Should there be so many wires and/or should they be relocated?
Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
I don't see anything missing off hand, except maybe the cover. The coil wires

seem right but I will admit I have been wrong (1978 I think biggrin.gif ). The coil goes

on the engine tin (from back) right side front, there is a curved resess not far

from where your coil is now.
grasshopper
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 19 2006, 07:39 PM) *

The coil goes

on the engine tin (from back) right side front, there is a curved resess not far

from where your coil is now.

I am pretty sure that it does not go on the engine tin for a 75 model year. I may be wrong though, but all of the 75-76 cars have had them mounted to the rear engine fan housing. Here is a picture. Anyway, everything looks right except where the coil is mounted. The missing plugs on your relay board are for the rear window defroster, which was optional.
So.Cal.914
Told you I've been wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.