Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Rebuild by ECC and DR. Evil-------Raffle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
fiid
I'm in!!!

plas76targa
Kerry -

I just sent you Pay Pal $$ for one ticket. You guys are great for putting this together.

I may have to miss the ECC this Saturday due to kids soccer games over lapping. Nuts! I intend to whine enough to possibly come down later in the afternoon. If not, I hope you all have a great day!
Kerrys914
Got them guys smile.gif

I had about 10 e-mails this AM about the tranny, good job guys
HarveyH
PP sent for one.
Thanks guys.
Harvey
914nerd
My payment is sent
Now to see who wins
Also, for those who don't want the transmission, I would be willing to purchase it off of you should you win it (the money, of course, would go to the James Montebello fund)
Thanks,
Charles
Kerrys914
Okay guys

1hr left I must start gathering my names and data tonight. In order for me to keep my head on I will stop taking money and names for the raffle at 5:00 EAST COAST time.

Thanks to all
Dr Evil
You guys all rock! aktion035.gif happy11.gif
spunone
Can we have a Drum roll and the amount donated is........??????? mueba.gif
robby750
DID I WIN?????
Dr Evil
Winner drawn tomarrow at the ECC and amount raised announced on the night of the 20th if I am not mistaken biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I don't think we need to know how much was raised... do we? Seems weird.
spunone
Re Phrase do we have enough entrants ?? Thats what we wanted to say sorry bout that
Dr Evil
I see your point, E. given the nature of what this is for, James' family, I can see the prudence in not disclosing dollar amounts. After thinking about it I have to agree with Eric.

What does everyone else think?
cooltimes
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 15 2006, 05:43 PM) *

I see your point, E. given the nature of what this is for, James' family, I can see the prudence in not disclosing dollar amounts. After thinking about it I have to agree with Eric.

What does everyone else think?

Usually sums are announced. In the event of another fund raiser, some will say what the heck does it matter and not join in.
I don't care myself since we know what we did is to help out with Lapuwali expenses in our own small way.
robby750
I'd just like to know if you all are pleased with the response.
Kerrys914
Sorry, I have been running around trying to get the last items for the event taken care off. sad.gif

I will anounce the total For James Family and the winner of the tranny work Sat night.

More the likely it will be posted before I get home after my drive back from the ECC.

Thanks to all and BEST OF LUCK
Eric_Shea
Usually sums are announced.

I think it's "tacky" in this case. It's for the sake of giving not gloating. This is for everything that James gave to us (whatever the amount, it will be too small) and it's to help Susan. It's not a contest.

Maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way...
hberwald
I just want to make sure that expenses were covered and we are able to send a little something on.

I hope that it helps.
elwood-914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 16 2006, 07:28 AM) *

Usually sums are announced.

I think it's "tacky" in this case. It's for the sake of giving not gloating. This is for everything that James gave to us (whatever the amount, it will be too small) and it's to help Susan. It's not a contest.

Maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way...

Eric,
It isnt tacky really. My co-workers just had a fund raiser for me. ( I am going through a bone marrow transplant) I havent worked all year and the fund raiser was wonderful, everyone was in great spirits and everyone wanted to know how much but it wasnt for gloating, it was a bit of pride. They came through wonderfully. I didnt care how much as much as the fact that they did it for me. They wanted to know to see how well they did.
IMHO.

Tim
bd1308
Maybe someone could organize another rebuilt tranny giveaway?

b
914werke
Where the heck was I confused24.gif sad.gif
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif The winner of the Tranny mrs.K.gif Rebuild is.

Charles Munson - 914nerd clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Thanks to all who took part in this raffle and for helping James family. Once the Good Dr. has a chance to give the donor transmission a look over we know our exact figure ($$) that will be donated to the family.

Thanks again to all smilie_pokal.gif
Trevorg7
Congrats 914nerd.

Thanks guys for orginizing.

T
SGB
Congradulations! smile.gif
Good Job Guys!
I'm glad to be a part of this group, no matter how strange we are...
914nerd
Wow
That was a real shock to me
Now I'm gonna go and donate more to the Lapuwali fund
At least some of the money that would have gone into tranny work will now go to James' family
BTW, you guys are great for being willing to do this for James' family
I am truly honored to be a part of 914club
Thanks

Charles Munson
Dr Evil
mueba.gif

Things are looking very good on this end. Just got in and showered...I have only had 6 hours today where I wasnt doing something...I am beat.

Thanks to Zach (Vacca Rabite) for not only driving me there from his house (2+ hours), but for driving me all the way back to mine with the donor tranny (4+) hours. He is still on the road.

Will there be another rebuild raffle? Absolutely! I will need to source another core and find another cause that I want to support, but this raffle was gonna happen anyway. With the tragic passing of James, both Kerry and I came to the same conclusion that we wanted to do this for his loved ones and that if unboubtedly felt right.

There will be another one, probably for the childrens hospital, needy kids, etc. Plenty of good causes, plenty of time biggrin.gif

Charles, congradulations! The only part to figure out now is shipping so I can quote it to Kerry. I'll be in touch, or feel free to PM me for details on your rebuild smilie_pokal.gif

We did very well. Thank you all for making this a wonderful idea.
rhodyguy
fyi re shipping. i found greyhound to be both super fast and pretty damn cheap. have to drain the lube. no crate/box. double wrapped in 6 mil plastic with duct tape on the ends and seam. a trany from tacoma to tampa, station to station, was $65 and change. it was there in 4/5 days as well. congrats on the new trany.

k
Dr Evil
Kevin,
I hope you realize how much that little bit of info helped. Thanks man! aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 17 2006, 12:20 AM) *

Things are looking very good on this end. Just got in and showered...I have only had 6 hours today where I wasnt doing something...I am beat.

Thanks to Zach (Vacca Rabite) for not only driving me there from his house (2+ hours), but for driving me all the way back to mine with the donor tranny (4+) hours. He is still on the road.

That pleasure was all mine. It was good to have the company. The coffee and hummus at your place perked me right up for the drive home, and the ride back was very easy.

Zach
Dr Evil
An update for those of you chomping at the bit for a total wink.gif

I am in the end of my cardio block and it is a real doosey so I have not had time to look over the donor tranny with the attention that it deserves. My test is on Tues and I will be starting the rebuild right after the test for all intents and purposes. I would "like" to finish it by that Fri, but it may not go out until the following Mon if I have to wait for parts (likely).

Kerry will not know how much we made until I send him a bill for parts and shipping which I hope to accomplish tomarrow night during a study break.

Two special notes of appreciation:

To Kerry, for donating the tranny that will be used. It is an AWSOME donor and worthy of the cause. With out his selfless donation this all could have never happened.

To Rhodyguy, for the shipping tip. I was wondering what to do as I am not familiar with the shipping around here. Back home I had a system...and Greyhound will surpass my old system at such a cheap price as well as put more $$ into the fund. biggrin.gif

thumb3d.gif to both of you.

More to come...and now back to learning everything about patent ductus arteriosus and the like rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.