Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Rebuild by ECC and DR. Evil-------Raffle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Kerrys914
beerchug.gif

Guys, the East Coast Cookout (with the help and skill of Dr. Evil) is going to have a raffle for a tranny rebuild. We have decided to offer this up to the rest of the board for a good cause.

All proceeds above the cost for materails will be donated to the family of James Montebello (Board ID is lapuwail). Please read he recent post if you need more detials about James.

The Complete tranny rebuild will include, but not limited to:

New Seals
New 1st teeth
New 1st slider
New main bearing $130
New 1-2 Synco
All labor to perform the "rebuild"
Shipping of the tranny back to the winner.
Other parts/gears/teeth maybe replaced if a better sutable replacment is on hand.

Any materails donated will allow for a greater donation to Jame's family. I will be contacting vndors

In a nut shell, your tranny will be better after the good Dr. Evil get a hold of it.

Each ticket is $20 and the winner will be drawn on 9/16/06 @ the East Coast Cookout (ECC '06)

Paypal is perfered but other arrangments can be made, just e-mail me.

Paypal is Kerrys914@yahoo.com

Please state full name, club name, and # of tickets you would like. Friday 9/15/06 @ 5:00pm is the cut off time for any internet sales. Local guys can buy tickets on Sat 9/16/06 up until the drawing.

Thanks guys and best wishes to all of you and the Montebello family smile.gif
ws91420
Damn and I just got a rebuild back from the good Dr This is well worth the chance to get a quality rebuild and a worthy cause to boot.
seanery
I'm in...gotta sideshifter in unkown condition that this would be awesome for! thumb3d.gif
Dr Evil
I'll take what ever parts any of ya wanna give as I can always use more. This will be a completely rebuilt unit that will be as close as you can get to a new box. I am tapping into my new parts hoard for this and hope that the chance to get a box like this will be tantillizing enough to cause ya'll to buy a $20 shot thumb3d.gif

Please feel free to ask any questions that you have. I will be glad to address them.

Thanks for spearheading this, Kerry.

We miss you, James sad.gif
scottb
kerry and mike, you guys are great! beerchug.gif

it is selfless acts such as this that make this club great.
Kerrys914
Just think what a new smooth shifting tranny will be like drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif idea.gif
lotus_65
just to clarify, this is different than the donations being collected through the banner/original thread right?

tnx, paul
Dr Evil
Good question, Paul. Yes, this is completely seperate, but the proceeds will be going to the same fund.

Also, unless you need a tail shifter, this does not require that you send me your tranny. This is for a whole trans.
bd1308
I'm in.

2 tix please.

Dunno if i'll be able to go to ECC without issue, but I may gamble and come out there.

b
terrymason
Just sent in my money. Thanks for the good work guys.
ptravnic
Possible transmission is secondary. This is a worthy cause.

Dr & Kerrys914 - your both impress me for a variety of reasons - well done.

-pt
Dr Evil
We both figure that we will sell about 100 tickets (I hope). That makes a 1/100 shot at owning a fresh tranny. If you by 2 ticket your odds go to 1/50 roughly biggrin.gif

We are just doing our part for the extended 914 family wub.gif
proto31
Just sent my denaro for my ticket. Just to be clear, this is a raffle for a transmission rebuild, I don't want a transvestite showing up at my door step saying that I was the lucky winner... poke.gif
914forme
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Great Job guys - you got a couple of tickets from me!

Good job and a wonderful cause, I will be off to pray for lapuwail and his family.

Take care, never meet him, hope I will one day, Stephen
Dr Evil
QUOTE(proto31 @ Aug 21 2006, 08:31 PM) *

Just sent my denaro for my ticket. Just to be clear, this is a raffle for a transmission rebuild, I don't want a transvestite showing up at my door step saying that I was the lucky winner... poke.gif

Kerry, change of plans. We are gonna need a TRANSMISISON instead. Cancel the reservation for the he/she telegram.

wink.gif
ws91420
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 21 2006, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(proto31 @ Aug 21 2006, 08:31 PM) *

Kerry, change of plans. We are gonna need a TRANSMISISON instead. Cancel the reservation for the he/she telegram.

wink.gif

av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
Kerry, did you get my loot?
Kerrys914
Thanks guys and I may still keep the reservation Dr. Evil for the cookout blink.gif blink.gif mrs.K.gif mrs.K.gif mrs.K.gif Payment in $1's accepted

Sorry for not posting but I have been getting tons of e-mails type.gif

Eric, I did get yours..Thanks. Do you guys want me to list who is in the raffle so far? Not sure if some of you would like to lay low?????

If you would rather not paypal PM me and I will give you my street addy

THANKS to all for thinking of James and his Family wub.gif

Eric_Shea
Eric, I did get yours..Thanks. Do you guys want me to list who is in the raffle so far? Not sure if some of you would like to lay low?????

No... I don't think that's needed. Just in todays computer world it's good to know you got it.
ws91420
Here's a icon_bump.gif
gregrobbins
Kerry & Doc: thanks for doing this

and

icon_bump.gif
elwood-914
I'm in thumb3d.gif
I will be in the hospital for awhile and away from home on that date, so let me know who wins!!
bd1308
When's the deadline?

I get paid tomorrow hopefully.

b
Kerrys914
Friday night (9/15/06) is the deadline for e-mail and paypal. I will need that night to get things ready for Sat. If you are showing up you can get tickets until 3:00pm (there abouts). The drawings will be made shortly after that. I'll post the winner of the tranny mrs.K.gif mrs.K.gif smile.gif once we gat back to a PC. type.gif

If someone can send me a point of contact for James's family I will keep that on file for the delivery of the donation.

You guys sure are great.. I am so happy we are coming together on this. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks
Dr Evil
biggrin.gif
mstein95
icon_bump.gif

Donation sent.
Hoss
Kerry & Dr. Evil,

Payment sent in memory of James. Please spill a beer in his memory for me at the ECC no matter if I am lucky enough or not to be the raffle winner.

Cheers,

Hoss

P.S. Kerry - Please drop an e-mail or PM to confirm you have received the PayPal on your end. Many thanks.
seanery
icon_bump.gif for a very good cause sad.gif
crash914
i'm in.....

will the trans have a good drain plug??

great idea and good cause....lets keep the memory alive...
lotus_65
in.

nice job, dr. evil and everyone else involved.

pfb
Kerrys914
This Friday at 5:00pm EST is the deadline for all electronic entries.

Thanks guys and I will post the winner and the amount to be added to the 914club donation on Sat Night smile.gif

Cheers to all
rhodyguy
was my money order received?

k
Trevorg7
I'm in!

PayPal sent.

T
spunone
Paypal sent for 2 tixs and I allready have a great Trans EHH DOC
SGB
I'm in! PP on the way. Say if one of you "I already got a good one" fellers win, lets talk about your selling the old one, or selling me your winning "ticket"
Dr Evil
Paul, are you using the one I built for you YET? rolleyes.gif

Man, this is sounding like it will be a very good turn out for the raffle. Kerry is handling all of the finances and ticket stuff so I do not even know how manny we have sold. biggrin.gif
Kerrys914
Rhodyguy, Yes I have it and thanks smile.gif

Got the paypals THANKS..

Doc, I'll update you once I get these added in. type.gif
spunone
NOT yet Doc but Soon I hope
jimkelly
yo dog - i am in for two as well : )

guys - thanks for organizing this and ECC !

jim
gary gartner
paypal sent for 1 ticket
you guys are awesome
thanks a lot beer.gif
crash914
guys, send donations....but stay out of the raffle......wink.gif

How is the raffle doing as far as tickets sold?
maf914
Kerry,

Paypal sent. Thanks to you and Mike for doing this.

914nerd
How many tickets have been sold so far?
Also, you will probably seeing a ticket or two bought by me
Dr Evil, smiley_notworthy.gif

new properly shifting tranny drooley.gif
BMXerror
Payment sent for two. This is really a great idea. Have you reached your target of 100 tickets yet? Of course, all the best goes out from James' "family", to James' family. beerchug.gif
Mark D.
Kerrys914
Thanks, got you paypal smile.gif

We have not reached 100 tix yet, but we still have time left.

Cheers

jimtab
Paypaled for 2, just glad to help (I never win anything) you guys are doing a very good thing here....I already know Mike and I guess you must be one of the good ones too Kerry....
DerekKim
Payment sent for 2! I don't really need a new tranny, though it would help. I know this is for a good cause.
914nerd
Well, those of you that don't need a new tranny, feel free to donate your tickets to me if you win
biggrin.gif
It's a good cause, and my money will come
gdonahoe
I'm in for two tickets, Paypal sent. Super idea for a great cause! Thanks.
T H O M A S
paypal send smilie_flagge6.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.