Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carbon fiber hood/trunk supports
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
I've bought the Seine System universal kit which has both the carbon fiber trunk and hood supports.

Anyone install these units? It sure isn't obvious where they can go and still function and look clean.

Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
neo914-6
Randal,

Looks like a nice solution, you're probably the first to try this kit on a 914. I was thinking of using an old carbon fly rod.

For neo914 I ended up with lower pressure CAMP914 gas shox. After I ordered Craig mentioned I may want to try 1 first, probably because f/g and CF hoods and lids have different weights...

Randal
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 20 2006, 01:59 PM) *

Randal,

Looks like a nice solution, you're probably the first to try this kit on a 914. I was thinking of using an old carbon fly rod.

For neo914 I ended up with lower pressure CAMP914 gas shox. After I ordered Craig mentioned I may want to try 1 first, probably because f/g and CF hoods and lids have different weights...

(Front hood) There doesn't seem to be a mounting point on the inter fender that will work, given the curve of the fender, i.e., the rod can't bend around the fender curve when shut.

Maybe the ridge which sits in front of the tank would work (perpendicular to the fenders) and still have sufficient room for the rod to "be packed up," so to speak.

Same issue applies to the rear trunk.

I’ve got a CF hood and trunk as well.

I hope I'm not the first, but judging from the responses to this post, I might be.
Jeroen
check Armando's site for pics of the original GT hood prop
it's a nice set up, that would be fairly easy to make
Randal
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Aug 20 2006, 02:51 PM) *

check Armando's site for pics of the original GT hood prop
it's a nice set up, that would be fairly easy to make

Thanks Jeroen.

I did a search on Armando, but couldn't find anything. Do you have a link?
Jeroen
Here's the link to Armando's site
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt

These pics give you an idea how it's done
I've seen other/better pics there, but these were the quickest I could find and should give you a good idea

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
How about on the bulkhead in front of the tank? Not sure how long it is etc... sideways mount there??

Yaaa-Roon... no pics confused24.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 21 2006, 12:44 AM) *

Yaaa-Roon... no pics confused24.gif

whaddayamean? I can see the pics just fine confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
This is what I see...
J P Stein
Randal.....you still have hinges????
F & R gotta be 6-8 lbs. biggrin.gif
jonwatts
nerp
Eric_Shea
nada
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 20 2006, 04:27 PM) *

Randal.....you still have hinges????
F & R gotta be 6-8 lbs. biggrin.gif

HISTORY happy11.gif

Randal
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Aug 20 2006, 04:34 PM) *

Anyone else get these to work?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /u36/9146gt/large/23456216.HBGT2001.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at k41.pbase.com Port 80
JPB
Okay bro. Ya started something that I need to end. I have the same issue and am very happy to see some cool ideas. I think if ya go to Lowes and get an ALUMINIUM ROD, flatten it at one end with a hammer and drill a hole big enough for a small bolt this would solve your proble and mine.LOL At the end where it touches your hood, Lowes sells small end caps which should slid right over the strock rod. I use a cut broom handle and this alternative would be the trick part. Thanks again for the inspiration and good luck!

beer.gif
Jeroen
ok, then this should work...
Randal
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 20 2006, 06:24 PM) *

Okay bro. Ya started something that I need to end. I have the same issue and am very happy to see some cool ideas. I think if ya go to Lowes and get an ALUMINIUM ROD, flatten it at one end with a hammer and drill a hole big enough for a small bolt this would solve your proble and mine.LOL At the end where it touches your hood, Lowes sells small end caps which should slid right over the strock rod. I use a cut broom handle and this alternative would be the trick part. Thanks again for the inspiration and good luck!

beer.gif

Good ideas, but these babies are nice. One is 33" the other 21." Guess the longer one is for the front.

Click to view attachment
neo914-6
Funny how you get attached to nice hardware and will someway make it work, I should know. biggrin.gif

Another example, Chris Julian designed dual aluminum rods. You only see one up in this pic mounted ahead of the gas tank:
Randal
The perple from Seine wrote me this morning.

They don't have any pictures of 914 installation with the Universal support rods, so guess I'll just have to noodle it out; of course with help from our contributors to this board.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.