Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AutoAtlanta's FI System
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ayama
I'm interested in purchaseing Auto Atlanta's Complete Extreme or Competition Fuel Injection system kits. Does anybody have any opinions about the ease of installation processes of these systems? And do the throttle bodies fit with the stock battery tray position??? What about the placement of the Air Fuel display and any welding or cutting that need to be accomplished BEFORE I paint the vechicle?? Part #'s BMB21431 or RMB31431

http://autoatlanta.com/model/914-0704/Sec2/914-page034.html

Also can I get a few detailed pics of 1.7 engine compartments or fuel pump mounts with fuel hose routeing thanks paul sawzall-smiley.gif
robby750
QUOTE(ayama @ Aug 20 2006, 08:54 PM) *

I'm interested in purchaseing Auto Atlanta's Complete Extreme or Competition Fuel Injection system kits. Does anybody have any opinions about the ease of installation processes of these systems? And do the throttle bodies fit with the stock battery tray position??? What about the placement of the Air Fuel display and any welding or cutting that need to be accomplished BEFORE I paint the vechicle?? Part #'s BMB21431 or RMB31431

Also can I get a few detailed pics of 1.7 engine compartments or fuel pump mounts with fuel hose routeing thanks paul sawzall-smiley.gif

I can't answer your question but boy, does that website SUCK.
Dominic
QUOTE(ayama @ Aug 20 2006, 05:54 PM) *

It looks like the same FI system that CB Performance sells:

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=278

The one CB Performance sells is not programmable, it has the ability for some manual adjustments. The word on the street is stay away. If you want to buy the throttle bodies and go with your own programmable system, like SDS, Motec, Mega Squirt, ect. That would be a better bet.....but the Throttle bodies are pretty bad as well in my opinion. They are the least expensive but you get what you pay for.
If you want a plug and play system that works, you need to check out Jake Raby's Type4 Store: http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/home.php?cat=320

Good Luck!

Dominic

Jake Raby
You REALLY need to do some more homework on these systems before making a purchase. Tell him, guys..
Dr Evil
Interesting, look here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...mp;#entry756436

Like twins happy11.gif
ayama
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 20 2006, 09:05 PM) *

You REALLY need to do some more homework on these systems before making a purchase. Tell him, guys..

Ok (Not that I haven't started my homework)
I've looked at the Jenvey throttle bodies you've recommended. Do you purchase entirely from the Jenvey line (details please) from what I've seen at a minimum I'd have to purchase:1) Volkswagen 2L 14V 45mm (40MM) throttle bodies p/n DBVW1/45, 2)Linkages p/n CLF1 for flat engines, 3) and possibly an Air distribution kit 4 cyl. twin kit p/n AVK2T2 for even air distribution.
As far as the engine management there were 14 different companies listed on this site as compatable with these throttle bodies!
I've also tried finding information on Kit Carlson and the Simple Digital System list on your website: http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/kitcarlson.htm
Can you provide me with some weblinks! So I can educate myself with ALL options avialable! I know you have discontinued working with Dave so I'll understand if you don't want to steer business away from yourself.
I know there are so many variables involved I haven't even touched the tip of the iceburg but any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time I know your busy! P.S. And yes I have been kicking this subject around with Greg (macpro01) on the side................ dead horse.gif (not that I haven't STARTED my homework)
Jake Raby
Dvae's system is in limbo right now, his family took prioroty and if we could get the system I certainly woukld. It did need some revision, but it really worked well..

Tell me about your enagine and I'll shed some light on the correct arrangement for you.

p914

"The one CB Performance sells is not programmable, it has the ability for some manual adjustments. The word on the street is stay away. "

Why?
Mueller
QUOTE(p914 @ Aug 21 2006, 10:58 AM) *

"The one CB Performance sells is not programmable, it has the ability for some manual adjustments. The word on the street is stay away. "

Why?

i think the 3 adjustments are idle, accel and WOT, it's really nothing more than an electronic carb which cannot think for itself nor do any adjustments without you turning a knob all the time....they work, but for just a few hundred bucks more you can get something that really controls the engine...
Mueller
back to the AA system.....

...the ad/description screams "run away" with marketing/BS hype...ask if they have the dyno graphs to prove the 35hp increase with just addition of the system...."well no, but I can feel the differance and it's louder so it has to be faster" is what I bet you'll get biggrin.gif

ask about support with installation and tuning...they might offer it, I really don't know....
Jake Raby
The CB set up is a glorified carb... It requires constant fussing with the controls- trust me, I have used and driven them. They are made for 1/4 mile wonders that only need WOT-
ayama
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 21 2006, 11:02 AM) *

Dvae's system is in limbo right now, his family took prioroty and if we could get the system I certainly woukld. It did need some revision, but it really worked well..

Tell me about your enagine and I'll shed some light on the correct arrangement for you.

1972 1.7 stock D-Jet, I'm currently in process of a FULL rebuild so the door is wide open right now. Just about every system requires rebuild or replacement, typical 914 problems rusted battery tray, rockers, floor pan, tranny didn't go into 1st etc. etc. I'm just finishing the underbody and fixin to start preping for paint so it will be at least 6 months till I start with some high dollar purchaseing! The only thing I've done with the engine is cosmetic (powdercoated the tins). I have the original owners tag info. and it was purchased in Germany by a Capt. in the army who shipped it here! The odometer reads 64K no reason to believe the car has any less than 164K with the leaks it had before I tore it down. I only drove the car a week and didn't do a compression check. Just what I've read so far the original D-jet seems to be outdated and inefficent I'd rather have some new technolgy here!
welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.