Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MY 2835 BUILD WENT TO A 2904 AND NOW TO A 2772
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Twystd1
So Hows about a few pictures of the ports and combustion chamber shapes and valve and seat profiles??

Cause nut case people need to know this stuff.....

Clayton
Twystd1
So Hows about few pictures of the ports and combustion chamber shapes and valve and seat profiles??

Cuase nut case people need to know this stuff.....

Clayton
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
ChrisFoley
It looks like you moved the valve centerlines apart.
JB 914
popcorn[1].gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
skline
Well, that's all keen and groovy but I have a question Richard, where the hell do you put your spark plugs with the holes all welded up? confused24.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
JB 914
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ May 19 2007, 08:41 AM) *

I've converted it to Diesel, high compression to ignite the mixture, don't need no stinkin spark plugs. av-943.gif

what? you live near a KFC? you gonna run on biodiesel? laugh.gif
skline
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ May 19 2007, 07:41 AM) *

I've converted it to Diesel, high compression to ignite the mixture, don't need no stinkin spark plugs. av-943.gif

That's a good one, hey, are you ever going to come by again? You used to stop by all the time but now you dont. Was it my cologne? smile.gif
JB 914
QUOTE(skline @ May 19 2007, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ May 19 2007, 07:41 AM) *

That's a good one, hey, are you ever going to come by again? You used to stop by all the time but now you dont. Was it my cologne? smile.gif

smash.gif i think he's busy working on his ride
alpha434
So where do you go to buy one of the horizontal fan kits?
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
JB 914
smile.gif Glad it's coming together for ya!
ChrisFoley
The shape of the exhaust ports on the 48x38 heads sucks. What good is a big round port when you have to re-squeeze the exhaust past the pushrod tubes?
Your new heads have much better exhaust flow. What do the ports look like?
What kind of stub pipes were used during the flow tests?
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
skline
Nice numbers Dick! When you going to bring it by and take me for a ride?
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
HAM Inc
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Looks like a fun build! Just thought I would post these flow #'s for you to consider.
The Friddle intakes were 46mm and the exhaust 38mm. A minumum of intake welding and no exhaust welding. Sorry no pictures.
This Robbins set is with 44mm inakes and 36mm exhaust. No port welding.
Jake Raby
The Friddle heads made 249HP and 255 lb/ft of torque in my lab as peak numbers.. They then made 195 RWHP at SE Dyno Day in my Wife's convertible beetle.

This past weekend I drove the car 275 miles, placed first in a VW car show and then drove home. Average MPG for the trip was 30.25

That was with 52 IDAs with 48mm venturis...I averaged 70-80 MPH the whole time, since the IDAs are so cantankerous at 58-68 MPH.

Richard, I sure would like to get an engine like yours here with a different concept behind it to compare numbers ane efficiency.. If you ever want to come east, let me know.

Click to view attachment

I have pics of the Friddle heads as well as the latest welded versions of the head development Len and I have been working on.. I'll try to post them later tonight.
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Jake Raby
Cool.. Seeing the differences is much different than feeling them seat of the pants.. You can feel torque, but sometimes not HP as much..

Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Jake Raby
Cool... Sometimes a cam change can create an entirely different engine!! Camshaft IS THE KEY for sure...

Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif agree.gif
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif wow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.