914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
bd1308
DAMN DUDE!

I'll need to bounce a few ideas off of you if you dont mind.

b
Aaron Cox
richard,

why not take the 1 5/8 header to someone like tiger, and have em bend up 4 new primaries in 1 3/4 size.... using your 1 5/8 header as a template/jig

im sure he could also make you some crazy large stub pipes too
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 24 2006, 06:53 AM) *

richard,

why not take the 1 5/8 header to someone like tiger, and have em bend up 4 new primaries in 1 3/4 size.... using your 1 5/8 header as a template/jig

agree.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Aug 24 2006, 08:08 AM) *

richard,

CAUSE, i DON'T WANT A REP AS A KNOCK OFF ARTIST.

And, anyways I'am a kinda of a "Custom" type of person, even though I can't afford it. Other than what I, can think up and do.

:paranoia:

nothing wrong with it as long as you dont sell em... or represent them as your design....

but whatever....
Mueller
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Aug 24 2006, 08:08 AM) *

richard,

CAUSE, i DON'T WANT A REP AS A KNOCK OFF ARTIST.

And, anyways I'am a kinda of a "Custom" type of person, even though I can't afford it. Other than what I, can think up and do.

for personal use, I see nothing wrong with that at all if the size you need is not available or way, way out of your price range....

seems like a neat build...talk about a "thupper" motor biggrin.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Aaron Cox
hey, you have been busy!

just got your message, wassup?
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
JPB
Very inktareztink. Vat habout zat coolink, vill yo have a mazzive oil pump unt dast fourn bangar? Vat about dast ecshtra oil coola, I am holding myzelf zilly mitmitmit atizipayjen.

beer.gif AAaaah, 250 hps at the ssrrrrottle, you be da main bihotch ovaheeya!Atchtung!!
Aaron Cox
nice work richard!
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Nov 6 2006, 10:54 AM) *

Looks like I'll be making another change in my build, I am gonna go ahead and try the Chinese Nikasil's. The price on those now are $675, probally around another $650 for piston's & rings to work in them, this way I can go up on the compression, with the added benefit of the alum cyl cooling

so what ever happened to the testing of these by Clayton??

is anyone running these yet and have beat the daylights out of them????

Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Aaron Cox
you get that from groot?

Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Nov 6 2006, 01:54 PM) *

Looks like I'll be making another change in my build, I am gonna go ahead and try the Chinese Nikasil's. The price on those now are $735, probally around another $650 for piston's & rings to work in them, this way I can go up on the compression, with the added benefit of the alum cyl cooling.

Supplier for these??? Really enjoying your build - it is great to see all the goings-on. Keep up the good work!

J
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Dec 1 2006, 03:08 AM) *

Just got back from Las Vegas, and was able to come back with an infusion of project money laugh.gif So I'll get the rest of the little pieces that I need, and finish up the rest of the machine work.

All that's left for machine work is having the crank and flywheel 5 pinned and having the cyl's cut for the sealing wires. Oh and getting the rods re sized.

Parts, most of them I'll order tomorrow, cam will be a Pauter, around .580" lift and around 332* dur, manifolds I will order from Ahnendorp, which are a very beefy and have lots of material around the port area to allow porting to some very large ports with out the added expense of having to have the manifolds welded up. The manifolds aren't cheap, but over all they are a cheaper route. Oh, these manifolds I came across by accident, but after I saw them, I decided I had to have a pair. A neat option they have, is they have double bolt patterns for the carbs, which allow you to turn the carbs around on the manfold.

I've been checking on whats offered on cams & by who, on Ahnendorp's site some of there cams I believe to be from Pauter, and from what I could gather they have 103* lobe centers, Remmelle offers the same Pauter cams plus their own and their lobe centers are 108*, Fat Performance cams, Type 4 and even their off road Toyota cams have 102* lobe centers, generally WEB cams are 104*, Eurorace cams are 106*. So I have a choice to make ?

I'll post up some pics of the finished items, as they become available.

icon_bump.gif KOOL!!!!!

Good going bro - post pictures of many as progress progressess,e''ssss, you know, as you go along.................. beerchug.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Matt Romanowski
If you are running the lifters we talked about before, I wouldn't worry about spring pressures. The difference isn't enough to cause problems. I would watch the inside spring for coilbind if you use doubles. Becuase of the way most people do the guides, the two springs are not on the same base.
Aaron Cox
beehives smile.gif

Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
rktmn247
Hi Richard! This thread is way beyond me; but very interesting. I wonder what kind of hp/tq numbers this combo will make. Great job! beerchug.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Aaron Cox
reichert tuning?
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
ChrisFoley
Mine's a modified Corvair fan. I've been extremely pleased with the reliability and cooling quality. It never throws the belt. There are a lot of details I would have to work out for it to be a viable product for sale though, so I took it off my website until I have time to finish the development.
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Jake Raby
I knew thats where the crank would be broken- remember my post from the STF??

Looks like the secret is out on REM processes, we've been doing it for 5 years now ;-)
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
McMark
Cool stuff Richard!

ohmy.gif Oops, you accidentally welded up the spark plug holes.... happy11.gif av-943.gif
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 9 2007, 11:20 PM) *

Cool stuff Richard!

ohmy.gif Oops, you accidentally welded up the spark plug holes.... happy11.gif av-943.gif

Think higher compression happy11.gif Works for the diesel guys, lol

Might want to spend just a lil time smoothing out the outside of the runners... they'll work now, but can be MUCH prettier.

BJH
Twystd1
You go Bro......

In typical Richard fashion...

You just fucking rock....

Clayton
So.Cal.914
Did you ever figure out what made your crank fail. Did you also add material to

the exhaust port?
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.