Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Practical weight limit using 914 Rotisserie?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
For anyone using a rotisserie for thier 914, what is the most assembled 914 one has put on it?

suspension ?

doors and lids?

glass?

this is also with the assumption the motor and transmission is always removed smile.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 23 2003, 02:14 PM)

this is also with the assumption the motor and transmission is always removed smile.gif

We ARE talking about your car?

laugh.gif

wink.gif

M
GWN7
If you didn't take the motor out, when you flipped the car over it would make changing the oil real easy. laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Look up the capacity on the TWO engine stands that 99% of the kits use. I'm guessing 1500lbs total.

B
914werke
Well Im planning on getting myself a gift, post holiday ...a rotisserie. The restoration of the 74 has stalled of late and Dave Hunts efforts are making me feel worthless an weak! smash.gif
I stopped by a local FLAPS and spotted a display stand that (x2) was near PERFECT for the job, unlike the eng. stand solution. Contacted the manufacture and struck a deal.
So heres the idea, this is a call out to the NW club contigent. Ill hopfully be done with this work .. by summer, but I wont need or have the room for the Rot. after the fact. Is there enough intrest that this could be passed around the club members? idea.gif
How about enough intrest to assist me with with some welding ? confused24.gif welder.gif
736conver
I put a fully dress car onto my homemade rotisserie minus engine and trans.
Then I took the various parts off when it was in the air, suspension, doors, hoods.
I then gave my rotisserie to another member on this board after I was done. Maybe he can also chime in on what he did.
Morgan you out there?
914werke
Heres a pic of one stand. One nice thing is the upright unbolts.
Gint
You'll have to raise that somehow. It looks low. Nice though. I like the wide base.
Britain Smith
Here is one on ebay right now:

Ebay Ad

IPB Image
Gint
I would definitely build my own at that price.
Mueller
It's going to be mighty hard to rotate the car with the square tubing smile.gif
914werke
That was my point about the uprights unbolting, I can replace them with the "correct" uprights fairly easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.