Thank you.

Rest in peace James. You are missed.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(pffft @ Aug 24 2006, 06:08 AM) *

He made it till about 130 this morning.

"He was surrounded by family. He never suffered, and he is at peace now."

The world is a much darker place today. sad.gif
Not the news any of us wanted to hear..'
God Bless James, and family. I don't have the words to describe the loss I feel for a man I never knew outside of his wisdom...

ptravnic
Thank you James for your selflessly shared wisdom and insight.

-pt
MoveQik
It's a sad day...sad.gif
Jeroen
thanks for keeping us posted
even though this is not the news we wanted to hear...

James, godspeed, you will be missed

Susan, friends and family
I can't think of anything that would remotely lessen the pain, but you are in our thoughts

sad.gif
So.Cal.914
A loss of words is usually not my problem.

Heart felt condolences to Lapuwali's Family and Friends, I know they will miss him

and so will I. God Bless.
mikerose
This is a very sad day.
Rotary'14
Farewell 914 Bro,,,,, you're at peace now.

My deepest condolences to the Montebello family.

-Rob
Joseph Mills
sad.gif So sad to hear.

Rest in peace James.

elwood-914
Good bye James. I wish I was more like you.........you were a great man. pray.gif
tat2dphreak
the 914 club, and the world is a much more empty and dark place today.

rest in peace

sad.gif
gklinger
Rest in Peace, James.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends.

The world is truly a poorer place today... sad.gif
drewvw

sad.gif
Bruce Allert
I'll get to meet you, James, on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge...

Until then bye1.gif

.....b
neo914-6
sad.gif

James,

Thank you for being an example of a fine human being and I'm fortunate to have known you... smiley_notworthy.gif
Trevorg7
Thank you James.

T
Eddie914
James, rest in peace. God Bless.

My deepest sympathies to the Montebello family.

Eddie
gregrobbins
I read this, and while it was not unexpected, it still sucked the air out of me for a minute.

This club is a better place for our having shared the knowledge, humor and integrity of a man: James Montebello

Lets make sure Susan and the family know they can count on us for help.

Lets also make sure we remember LUPAWILA by doing something on this site that will keep him in our memories, preserve the information he shared, and introduce new future members to his knowledge.
nomore9one4
Rest in PEACE Mr. Montebello! Today is a terrible loss and a very sad day! sad.gif
Toast
Thank you for comming into our lives James!
Keep a watch out on us.

wavey.gif
Randal
James was a stellar contributor to life who will be missed, especially by his family.

We all wish them well during this most difficult time.

jtf914
sad.gif ..........
mihai914
Rest in peace James sad.gif , a part of you will always be with the club...

I think it would be respectfull to close the site for a moment of silence in his honour, I believe it was done in the past for another member.
JB 914
Rest in Peace James.
mrdezyne
May God keep you safe till we all meet again.

Its should be comforting to us all to know he will be with us, looking over our shoulder while we are working on our teeners...

Condolences to the Montebello family....
Trekkor
This weekend I was planning to meet James for the first time in person.
We'll put this on hold for a while, as we will meet in the resurrection of the dead.

I'm saddened at this loss, but mostly for the feelings of his family and friends.
With you in mourning, Trekkor.
Allan
Thanks so much for everything you have done to help others.

The empty spot that was created can never be filled...
SirAndy
R.I.P. my friend ... sad.gif

i decided to take the day off from work and i'm going up north to work on my 914 instead ...

gotta take my mind off this for a while.

james, you'll be missed and never forgotten. it was a privilege to have known you personally.
aircooledboy
Heavy sigh. sad.gif

Rest Well James.
Lou W
I am so sorry to hear this

Rest in peace James.

I will continue to pray for James family.
Mueller
Rest in Peace James, I am honored to have met you and exchanged ideas and laughs with each other...
/L.
I am sorry for the loss of James. The world turns a little slower because one of the good guys has gone. Rest in Peace. hands.gif God bless the family and friends.
Jake Raby
I wish we could have met in person.
Godspeed, James.
fiid
Goodbye James. You're an inspiration. Rest in peace. I'm honoured to be able to call you a friend, and so very grateful that we were able to share the good times together.
TROJANMAN
some things just aren't fair. sad.gif

James, you will be missed

i didn't read it anywhere, but what kind of family did he leave behind?
Aaron Cox
James,

we have never met, but you have left a long lasting impression on me. I will never forget the many thing i have learned here through your input and selflessness here. Hope one day I can be as knowledgable as you.

Goodbye friend. See you on the other side.

Aaron Cox
StratPlayer
Very sorry to hear this, was hoping that he might pull through all of this. Its a sad day. sad.gif
jd66921
Bye..... sad.gif
McMark
Farewell my friend. I'm a better person for having known you. sad.gif

Susan and Family, we are here for you should any need arise. I'm sorry for your loss.
tdgray
Godspeed James. sad.gif
jsteele22
This has been such a sad time. If there's any bright side to it, it's that James didn't have to suffer, and that his loved ones and extended circle of caring friends had a chance to say goodbye.

James, I'm gonna miss your presence here. Whenever I saw "lapuwali" on a post, I always slowed down and paid close attention - in this bizarre online world where so few names have faces, you truly stood out as a smart, kind, and dependable friend. Thanks for living your life exactly as you did; may the rest of us learn from your example.
Hoss
My condolences to Susan and the entire Montebello family.

In the spirit of Lapuwali, I donated to the ECC transmission raffle thinking that was the most appropriate way to honor the man who so enjoyed people who share friendship through these silly little cars. I hope he would approve.

God speed, James. You are in safe hands now.

- Jeff
eeyore
QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Aug 24 2006, 10:10 AM) *

Whenever I saw "lapuwali" on a post, I always slowed down and paid close attention

agree.gif
lagunero
sad.gif
bondo
I don't think anyone here has been as much of a role model to me as James. I've missed his presence here already. Whenever I'm working on a 914, I will be working on a tribute to Lapuwali. (fiats too!)

Goodbye to the best friend I never met. Rest in peace!
grantsfo
I also benefited from James' selfless technical help. He was very gracious with his time and had offered input to a couple issues I have had with the 914 over the years. Wish I had met him in person.

If there are 914's in heaven there are a bunch of happy souls in the clouds now.

Thanks James.
Midtowner
My deepest condolences to the Montebello Family. James' legacy of kindness, friendship and love, lives on in all of us. Rest in peace James. I will never forget. sad.gif
TonyAKAVW
Like so many have said before, James was a rare personality. He posessed such a depth and breadth of automotive technology knowledge that I remember thinking more than once (while reading his posts) "how does an individual collect so much knowledge?" There are a lot of car guys who spout stuff out as knowledge but are full of crap. James on the other hand was the real deal, and he wasn't cocky about it. His recent creation of the engine conversion FAQs for instance wasn't a way to show off his vast knowldege, but really he saw a need for information to be collected in one area and did something about it. If you take a look at his blog entries, they are also full of concise, helpful information.

I'm sure James will rest in peace, and I send my best wishes and thoughts to his family and friends. He will be remembered well here even among the hundreds of people who didn't know him but respected him nonetheless.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.