Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going for alignment tomorrow, need spec check
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
The current alignment was done by me in the garage with some pretty simple tools to set the camber and toe. I did not get into measuring the castor. I just looked at a couple of other cars and set the castor to what I thought was close. I have about 1700 miles on the car and it has been handling amazingly well for a rookie first time garage set up. I am betting that the car will handle even better after a correct alignment is completed.

The car's primary purpose it to provide reliable "daily" transportation when the weather is nice. (I've driven the car to work all this week so far -great weather right now.) Also, some aggressive street driving, well maybe alot burnout.gif (Today I found out how much fun 3rd gear can be on a long very twisty ridge top road. SR45 between bloomington and nashville for those that know the area biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ) Also, strongly considering signing up for a PCA DE event at Putnam Park mid Sept biggrin.gif .

Here's the car set up:
2056 4 cyl, Raby built
lsd transaxle
Mueller needle bearings all around
Yellow adjustable koni's all around
195X60X15 Yokohama AVS ES 100

Front:
Tarret sway bar 22mm effective rate
bump steer spacers on front
new stock torsion bars on front
turbo tie rods
Ride height: 5" at donuts, 23" at fender well lip measured through wheel centerline

Rear:
125# hypercoil springs w/ adj spring perches
no rear bar
Ride height: 5 1/4" at donuts, 22 1/8" at fender well lip

Based on searches here on what others have used I came up with the following specs:

Front:
Camber -1.2
Caster 5.5
Toe in 1/16" per side

Rear:
Camber -1.5
Toe in 1/16" per side
Thrust angle 0

Let me know what you think about the settings. Go with them or suggest some tweeks.

thx

nebreitling
my 02:

see if you can get a bit more neg. camber -- both front and rear.

+6 caster if you can get it.

1/32" toe in per side front (even zero if you don't mind the car darting around a bit).

1/16" toe in rear per side sounds good.

my suggestions will make the car a little less "stable", but more "sharp". once it's aligned, balance the car by adjusting your front sway bar. have fun!
Joe Ricard
For a street car your settings are great. It is nearly exactly what I would do.
Camber I believe is set depending on te tires.
wide grippy Azenis more camber Yokohama ES100 (yuck) not so much camber because the tires don't grip worth a crap You will never deform the tire carcass enough to get the face of the tire in contact with the road if you have "big camber"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.