Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Going for alignment tomorrow, need spec check, Let me know if these settings look good to you
Doug Leggins
post Aug 24 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261
Region Association: None

The current alignment was done by me in the garage with some pretty simple tools to set the camber and toe. I did not get into measuring the castor. I just looked at a couple of other cars and set the castor to what I thought was close. I have about 1700 miles on the car and it has been handling amazingly well for a rookie first time garage set up. I am betting that the car will handle even better after a correct alignment is completed.

The car's primary purpose it to provide reliable "daily" transportation when the weather is nice. (I've driven the car to work all this week so far -great weather right now.) Also, some aggressive street driving, well maybe alot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif) (Today I found out how much fun 3rd gear can be on a long very twisty ridge top road. SR45 between bloomington and nashville for those that know the area (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) Also, strongly considering signing up for a PCA DE event at Putnam Park mid Sept (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

Here's the car set up:
2056 4 cyl, Raby built
lsd transaxle
Mueller needle bearings all around
Yellow adjustable koni's all around
195X60X15 Yokohama AVS ES 100

Front:
Tarret sway bar 22mm effective rate
bump steer spacers on front
new stock torsion bars on front
turbo tie rods
Ride height: 5" at donuts, 23" at fender well lip measured through wheel centerline

Rear:
125# hypercoil springs w/ adj spring perches
no rear bar
Ride height: 5 1/4" at donuts, 22 1/8" at fender well lip

Based on searches here on what others have used I came up with the following specs:

Front:
Camber -1.2
Caster 5.5
Toe in 1/16" per side

Rear:
Camber -1.5
Toe in 1/16" per side
Thrust angle 0

Let me know what you think about the settings. Go with them or suggest some tweeks.

thx

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
nebreitling
post Aug 24 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

my 02:

see if you can get a bit more neg. camber -- both front and rear.

+6 caster if you can get it.

1/32" toe in per side front (even zero if you don't mind the car darting around a bit).

1/16" toe in rear per side sounds good.

my suggestions will make the car a little less "stable", but more "sharp". once it's aligned, balance the car by adjusting your front sway bar. have fun!
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Aug 24 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #3

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

For a street car your settings are great. It is nearly exactly what I would do.
Camber I believe is set depending on te tires.
wide grippy Azenis more camber Yokohama ES100 (yuck) not so much camber because the tires don't grip worth a crap You will never deform the tire carcass enough to get the face of the tire in contact with the road if you have "big camber"
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 06:04 PM