Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Graphic Design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
I have been looking at these for a while now and can't make up my mind.. They ar going to be a flyer you hand out. . . .

Thankful for various input. . . .

Click to view attachment
cbenitah
hmm
HeloMech
I voted for the horizontal.

The vertical is a little more appealing as far as being suggestive.. maybe more appealing to guys. The horizontal, however, is better at getting the information across in a cleaner format and still interesting with it's layout.

My 2 cents.
cbenitah
thanks HeloMech,
I spent more time on it as well...
anthony
I like the colors on the first one but I find the graphic of the body weird and distracting - like the peninsulas extending out from the legs under "September 29".
KaptKaos
In the vertical one, the K in weekend makes the girl look like she has a camel toe.

Aside from that, I don't understand the point of view for the second one. Seems like its the back of a station wagon view.

They are both cool tho. Nice work.
cbenitah
you are looking through a window inside a car and next to you there is another car..

thanks

(at least no one said that I should move home) laugh.gif
Allan
WTF are these? Was it a realy fat girl that still has the excess skin on the inside of her thighs? blink.gif
Tettster
Her feet tucked under her, right? She's on her knees.
Aaron Cox
perfect height then..... smile.gif

anyway... if she is on her knees, what are the big blobs at her knees?
Qarl
I find the font shifts very distracting. italics, straight, bolt, white, black... too much shifting throughout.

SGB
I agree with Karl about the fonts. The top one needs a blocky easily read font to stand out from the girl, I prefer the second - carwindow effect - one. At first I thought it was sunglasses. That would work. Also, they both have too much unformation. It is a big commitment to ask of a reader- make it easy on the eyes and brain....
cbenitah
guys, all the info on the flyers need t o be there. Client told me so.

I like the window one.. i understand sbout the fonts, but to get the desired effect one needs t o add more interest for the viewer when its as much info as it is.. thanks for input though

2 swedish girls in the other room and im on the club site WTF.gif
balljoint
Forget the shape of the girl for a second and look at the shape of the blue area between her legs. blink.gif

I think it looks like Dean Cain. smile.gif

Nice work.
Qarl
As a graphics guy, you should tell your client there is too much info on the ad.

I can think of two or three sentences that aren't critical to the ad. I dont' agree that the changes in fonts adds interest. Between the odd shapes and the every-changing fonts, I get a headache. Maybe I'm just turning into an old fart.

You asked for input, I'm just being honest.

Okay... here some more feedback...

Free Weekend Tan "@" September 29-31?

@ = at, right?

Reads... Free Weekend Tan "at" September 29-31st... doesn't make sense to me?

Also... and here it comes...

There are only 30 days in September?

Thank you... now where's my prize? biggrin.gif

Otherwise I like #2.... Can you angle the fonts a little to coincide with the angle of the window?
cbenitah
I told him several times that it is to much info, the ad is only 4.75*10 which is not much space and an ackward size..

Sept 31st haha, I didnt look, I just took the text he provided me.. Free Weekend Tan does not make sense to me, but since english is not my first language I dont know..

I was thinking about that so it reads better.. But not sure, I will try though. Thanks for all the feedback.. Back to work again I guess..

Give me a while an I'll post the changes
alpha434
Move back to sweden, and get back with the supermodel.

Remember, your client's input is more important than ours. bring in both pictures and ask him which one he likes. I the crap doesn't sell, then it's not your problem. You're just the graphics guy, not his marketing director.
JPB
GRAND OPENING needs to be relocated over the cooch area, thank you.

beer.gif Hello!
SGB
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 3 2006, 08:39 PM) *

GRAND OPENING needs to be relocated over the cooch area, thank you.

beer.gif Hello!

beerchug.gif

an EXCELLENT idea. places all our other complaints in perspective.

Truely. Sex is used to sell EVERYTHING. I think that is because it works. smile.gif Also could say "FREE" in big letters across the region of focus.
Qarl
Perhaps the silhouette in the top is giving birth.. and the things between her thighs are baby's legs...

... nah! That would be gross!

confused24.gif
cbenitah
K,
Here is another version. I cleaned it up a little and changed some colors to make it "pop" more..

I'm not liking the text to the right to much..

Any advice?

(Notice the new car.. had to put a porsche in there..)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.