Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about rear springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
I am replacing rear shocks on a 914-6 with stock Boges. I want as close to new stock ride as possible.
There are a set of new springs available, aftermarket 80 lb. Does anyone know if they would be about the same stiffness as new stock? I hear about 100, 140, 180 lb. etc, but have no idea what factory rate was.
ChrisReale
Factory rate was anything from 60#-100# 's. If you get the 100# springs, you will sit high in the rear unless you have adjustable spring perches
davep
The standard spring rate was about 60 lb/in. There were a few variations. Mid 72 they went with longer springs that increased the preload. The /6 springs were thicker wire than the /4. Most of my factory data lists the load as installed; i.e. the load the spring will carry without deflecting. I wish they had listed the spring rate instead. The dots on the springs, 1 to 3, were rate groupings; i.e. use a pair with the same number of dots. Aftermarket springs are not broken down in the same way. Are they matched better? Who knows. They also had optional springs available with 70, 80 and 90 rates for setting up the race cars.

DaveP
TimT
I use #350 springs on my car laugh.gif lol3.gif

cant help with stock cars though..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.