Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 18 wheel fitment question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wide914
I have a 914 with steel gt fenders, i want to put a pair of 18in techarts on it fronts are 7.5 width with 42 offset and the rears are 9.5 width with 47 offset. i set the rears under the car and they seemed to fit into the fender if i was to get a 1inch spacer.. am i crazy or will these be able to stuff inside them seems like it works but some say they are to wide???
what would you guys say..
thanks.
JP
SirAndy
QUOTE(Wide914 @ Sep 3 2006, 05:35 PM) *

I have a 914 with steel gt fenders, i want to put a pair of 18in techarts on it fronts are 7.5 width with 42 offset and the rears are 9.5 width with 47 offset. i set the rears under the car and they seemed to fit into the fender if i was to get a 1inch spacer.. am i crazy or will these be able to stuff inside them seems like it works but some say they are to wide???

i don't see a problem with the 7.5 in the front, but the 9.5 in the rear will be *tight*, especially in 18" height ...

they may fit in there dry, but you gotta think about the camber change when you hit a bump in the road, the wheel will need some inside AND outside space to be able to move on load/lift.

use the tire size calculator to see how much you're off in height from a stock wheel ...

http://www.914world.com/specs/tirecalc.php

smile.gif Andy
Wide914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 3 2006, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Wide914 @ Sep 3 2006, 05:35 PM) *

i don't see a problem with the 7.5 in the front, but the 9.5 in the rear will be *tight*, especially in 18" height ...

they may fit in there dry, but you gotta think about the camber change when you hit a bump in the road, the wheel will need some inside AND outside space to be able to move on load/lift.

use the tire size calculator to see how much you're off in height from a stock wheel ...

http://www.914world.com/specs/tirecalc.php

smile.gif Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy thats a good point about the camber change that had crossed my mind, i will do some more calculations thanks for the link
JP

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.