Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor mount ? for converting to sideshift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Smith
Did I do it right? WTF.gif

I have a 71 that I converted to a sideshift - My guestion is motor mounts - When I converted to the side shift front bar - I kept the 71 front motor mount but the hole didnt line up with the shift bar. I took them off and bolts the front bar straight to the car - metat to metal. I kept the rear the same as the 71.
JoeSharp
The rubber mount on the SS is at the bracket to the engine and on the TS it's on the end of the engine bar.
Do you have 2 of these?
Joe
Click to view attachment
alpha434
There's a noob around here who's got both an early and a late motor mount. He only needs the tail shifter. You might be able to use that side shift mount.
SLITS
What Joe pictured is the body end mounts on the engine bar. They replace the rubber mount on the early cars (yeh, solid to the body).

If you are talking about the motor mounts themselves, the early style won't work. The late engine mounts are two seperate pieces of metal that bolt to the case (they are right and left hand). Attached to them are the rubber donuts that go between the case mount and engine bar. Sorry, no pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.