pete-stevers
please post cool 904 replica pics....
car shots
pre paint/ post paint
build up shots
engine shots
you guessed it the more the merrier
smj
I grabbed these pics from a recent eBay sale. Were there 904 kits out there back in the day besides the Auto Atlanta 9014 kit? I'm still not clear if they've ever sold it...

Anyway if I had still been on the East Coast, I think I would have gone for it... eBay auction #270012763535 ended August 6th, should still be searchable. Sigh... Always loved the 904's lines.

Edit: Graphic and offensive images of 914 abuse removed lest they prove injurious to those with weak constitutions.
HeloMech
what kind of work is involved in a kit like that?
904svo
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 4 2006, 05:19 PM) *

what kind of work is involved in a kit like that?

That kit is made up of fiberglass panels that are glass on a 914. AA still sells
the kit and has pictures on the web site as well as Chuck Becks 904 and
the 904 made in the UK.

The only real 904 look a likes were only sold as complete cars ,minus
engine and transmition and were $$$ A 904 replica is made in England
also Thunder ranch is sell a 904 now for $50K but is not a kit.
The only kit cars are those made by Avanti Motor Inc
(Chuck Beck version)
JPB
Look at the Auto Atlanta web page under 9014 and you will get a breakdown of the cost. I think it is at least 5K for the kit and then ya gotta paint it. Add a 400HP V8 and ya got something ta show da girls. I think this one didn't sell and I almost got it but I need to FOCUS on other stuff right now.

beer.gif Look into this one, it will probably cost ya half it would if ya started from scratch or look at some member's 914 pics and put your cash into something more engine/rim/five lug/flared/fiberglassed like.

There really is nothing like an original 914 bro and you will see the light later.
HeloMech
yeah, I have only driven MY 914 a handful of times and don't have any intentions of turning IT into a kit car. Though, if I hit the lottery and buy a large house with, oh, a BARN as a workshop.. .that would be a kit and donor I'd be looking for... weeee
TJB/914
During one of my first outings in 1992 I was featured alongside a real 904 @ the Meadowbrook Concourse. It's still owned by the same guy who at that time owned it over 25-years.
Secrete: I know where it's at sitting in a barn!!!

Tom
JPB
I love that kit also and have it bookmarked.LOL I think my teener will get enough PITA attention once its on the road. Its gonna be more like a 916 and now I'm trying to get an early 914 to keep original. I'm really trying hard to prioritise.
904svo
I used a rusted out 73 2.0 ltr 914 for over 95% of parts for my 904 kit car.

Click to view attachment

sixnotfour
blink.gif
BenT
QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 4 2006, 06:49 PM) *

Can you send a link to the maker of your car's kit? Is Beck selling these kits yet?

BenT
904svo
QUOTE(BenT @ Sep 4 2006, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 4 2006, 06:49 PM) *

Can you send a link to the maker of your car's kit? Is Beck selling these kits yet?

BenT

www.avantimotors.com for a kit or assemble version.
this site sell 904 bodys

http://members.shaw.ca/p962/904.html

Chuck Beck is still working with Superformance of South Africa for his version,

alpha434
Bradley GTII.....
drew365
I don't have a kit, but my plate states my desires:

D1A3
Hey Larry,

Did you ever get that 904 registered last week? You going to drive it to to the SEC2006 next weekend? I'm just wondering so I know what the "competition" looks like for the drive! chowtime.gif

--Jason
VegasRacer
I've driven this one. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Sammy
Alpha, here's a picture of a bradley gt2.
It looks nothing like the 904.

Spoke
There was a 904 in Hersey this year. Nice looking car. A Porsche restoration biz owner in Allentown has 904 body pieces from some original molds from a long time ago. I've not seen them in his shop but he does have a 3rd floor which has a ton of P car parts.

If anyone is interested in them I could check it out. They will be moving this winter and would like to clean out a lot of the stuff they've accumulated. One of his guys told me that the pieces have some issues since they were trying out the molds for the first time.

Spoke
904svo
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 5 2006, 01:22 AM) *

Thats Carl Young 904 from Avanti , That cars up for sale, He done
a lot of work on it.
ptravnic
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 5 2006, 09:05 AM) *

There was a 904 in Hersey this year. Nice looking car. A Porsche restoration biz owner in Allentown has 904 body pieces from some original molds from a long time ago. I've not seen them in his shop but he does have a 3rd floor which has a ton of P car parts.

If anyone is interested in them I could check it out. They will be moving this winter and would like to clean out a lot of the stuff they've accumulated. One of his guys told me that the pieces have some issues since they were trying out the molds for the first time.

Spoke

Please keep the Metro NY people (like me!) up to speed on the guy moving his shop. I'm sure a few of us could make a trip down there to pick up some parts he may not want to move to the new local...

-pt
904svo
QUOTE(D1A3 @ Sep 4 2006, 07:35 PM) *

Hey Larry,

Did you ever get that 904 registered last week? You going to drive it to to the SEC2006 next weekend? I'm just wondering so I know what the "competition" looks like for the drive! chowtime.gif

--Jason

Jason,

I blew up the engine, pissoff.gif I got a 1.8 from Al am trying to put in car now.

Yes the car is street legal now.
pete-stevers
larry rough and tumble what are you into your machine for?
Randal
QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 5 2006, 06:07 AM) *

a lot of work on it.

Where is it up for sale?

Randal
Mueller
QUOTE(smj @ Sep 4 2006, 06:02 PM) *

I grabbed these pics from a recent eBay sale. Were there 904 kits out there back in the day besides the Auto Atlanta 9014 kit? I'm still not clear if they've ever sold it...

Anyway if I had still been on the East Coast, I think I would have gone for it... eBay auction #270012763535 ended August 6th, should still be searchable. Sigh... Always loved the 904's lines.

Click to view attachment

that is NOT a 904 replica...not close at all, look how f'd up the lines are??

that is 914 abuse, the seller of the kit and purchasers should be ashamed of themselves....it has "cheap-@ss-wannbe-car" written all over it....

now 904svo's car is a replica...and looks pretty decent from the photos..

wbergtho
My friend Randy Beck has a 904 he is building in Upland, CA. He helped his father (Chuck Beck) develop the car. Chuck moved to Atlanta 2-3 years ago to work for Avanti Cars to produce his 904 replica running a 3.6. Chuck didn't get along with Avanti management and has struck out on his own to sell the car himself. Randy spent a few months in Atlanta last year to help out his dad in the 904 production and was able to take a chassis & body home as part of his compensation. He has recently pulled it out of the paint shop and is slowly building it up to be an all out race car. He's putting a 3.6 285-300HP motor in it. It should fly with him at the wheel. The car is expected to weigh under 1700lbs. I'll post pics if I can get him to send me a few. He hates computers...
BenT

[/quote]

www.avantimotors.com for a kit or assemble version.
this site sell 904 bodys

http://members.shaw.ca/p962/904.html

Chuck Beck is still working with Superformance of South Africa for his version,
[/quote]

Bookmarked. Thanks, Larry.

BenT
904svo
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 5 2006, 08:10 AM) *

QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 5 2006, 06:07 AM) *

a lot of work on it.

Where is it up for sale?

Randal

email Carl Young at young@intermind.net he will give you the details
D1A3
QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 5 2006, 07:44 AM) *

QUOTE(D1A3 @ Sep 4 2006, 07:35 PM) *

Hey Larry,

--Jason

Jason,

I blew up the engine, pissoff.gif I got a 1.8 from Al am trying to put in car now.

Yes the car is street legal now.

Larry,

That 1.8 would'nt be the "Frankestein" motor Al has been telling us about with ~100HP at the wheels would it? If so, that would be a nice upgrade over your old stock 2.0, right?

--Jason
wbergtho
[quote]Chuck Beck is still working with Superformance of South Africa for his version,
[/quote][/quote]
Randy told me that he wanted a decent factory with experience in building excellent replicas...and I'm told he is well on his way with Superperformance to build and import these cars all over the world. I cannot wait to get a ride/and or drive Randy's 904 race car!
PinetreePorsche
'Teeners: I'm the lucky guy who won the silver w/black stripes 9014 that was on the Bay in Aug. The 1.7 motor was nearly dead, although I've got a good 1.7 over-size almost ready to stick in. It's loose in the steering, and has misc. medium rust. But as the pics of the Sept. posting just below here show, it's pretty good. And looks fast just sitting still: on a trailer coming to DC a man at the gas sta. asked me where I race it! That'll be a while. IF anyone knows the owner of any other AA kit 9014, please put them on to me--want/need to network. thanks, -Chris H., at carolusandhager@verizon.net .
904svo
Hear it the latest picture of my car after I finish the body work ( gapping) and the car is now titled in the state of Georgias and is driven daily now.

Click to view attachment

maf914
[quote name='wbergtho' date='Sep 5 2006, 08:20 PM' post='764951']
[quote]Chuck Beck is still working with Superformance of South Africa for his version,
[/quote][/quote]
Randy told me that he wanted a decent factory with experience in building excellent replicas...and I'm told he is well on his way with Superperformance to build and import these cars all over the world. I cannot wait to get a ride/and or drive Randy's 904 race car!
[/quote]

I read somewhere that the deal with Superperformance fell through, so they won't be building Beck 904's. I wouldn't mind having one of their Daytona coupes instead. laugh.gif

I saw the Beck 904 on display at Sebring in 2004. Very nice.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif with Mr. Mueller. Larry's car is beautious (needs steelies lol3.gif )

The 9014 thing is one of the ugliest POS on the planet. Consider the source. (sorry Chris... one mans treasure, etc.)
jwalters
QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Nov 15 2006, 10:14 AM) *

'Teeners: I'm the lucky guy who won the silver w/black stripes 9014 that was on the Bay in Aug. The 1.7 motor was nearly dead, although I've got a good 1.7 over-size almost ready to stick in. It's loose in the steering, and has misc. medium rust. But as the pics of the Sept. posting just below here show, it's pretty good. And looks fast just sitting still: on a trailer coming to DC a man at the gas sta. asked me where I race it! That'll be a while. IF anyone knows the owner of any other AA kit 9014, please put them on to me--want/need to network. thanks, -Chris H., at carolusandhager@verizon.net .

Wheres some pics at?? Don't let those gas bags defaming your car get you down. I want to see what you have done with it and what you think about it: Would change this, like this, don't like that, etc.

It is still a teener at heart, and IMHO has much better lines than most of the kit cars out there. Hell, even by me putting flares on my car I have been accused of driving a kit car and it ain't real. Hehe, that does not bother me. The 914 has some decent lines, and some weird ones, but it is not its looks I bought and modified mine for - it was for pure driving pleasure. And did I mention it is still a teener at heart?

J
GWN7
A place to buy 904 stuff: http://www.the904store.com/photos.htm

Track Pics: http://jbbassibey.free.fr/circuit_de_la_corniche.htm
904svo
To see more 904 pictures and details of the car check out

http://www.gunnarracing.com

This is what I used to made the details on my car like a 904.
rcarpen22
I have pictures of Chuck Beck's 904 that I took at Petite LeMans last year. I'll see if I can find them.
rcarpen22
Ok I found one. I thought I took more but this was the only one I could find. He had it out on the track some. It was super cool and I would love to have one but I'm sure it will be a rich guy only model.

IPB Image
davep
So Steve, are you going to check out what Derek Smith has? He is in Vancouver. He also ran a 914 very successfully. He definitely likes the mid engine Porsche's.

http://members.shaw.ca/porsche-904/
LongARM
this one is listed on Canadian Auto-trader, not sure if it's the same
904svo
QUOTE(LongARM @ Nov 15 2006, 04:43 PM) *

Thats not a 904 copy,
PS

Derek's version is a real 904 body copy he left of the trunk out of the rear cover
I'm been talking to him. He's in the process of building a tube chassis for his.
904svo
QUOTE(rcarpen22 @ Nov 15 2006, 04:24 PM) *

Ok I found one. I thought I took more but this was the only one I could find. He had it out on the track some. It was super cool and I would love to have one but I'm sure it will be a rich guy only model.

IPB Image

That looks like Chuck Beck 904.
904svo

Check this ad out

Click to view attachment

PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(904svo @ Nov 15 2006, 07:45 PM) *

Check this ad out

Click to view attachment

I'm only 10% done up-fixin the "new" 9014, but 70+% done getting the old time machine done. Think I'll work hard on the latter, go back and get one of those Aztec models--or maybe two--a tilt and a gullwing. And stop along the way to rustproof the '72 donor body that became the 9014! Now, if I can find a place to store them, I'll offer them for sale on eBay in the 21st century... -Chris H
Mr.C
I bet Felix could make up one of those bodies.
wbergtho
I went over to Chuck Beck's house in Hesparia, CA a few years ago and look what he had in the garage...Trivia question: What is the car on the bottom rack?
904svo
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Nov 18 2006, 09:55 AM) *

I went over to Chuck Beck's house in Hesparia, CA a few years ago and look what he had in the garage...Trivia question: What is the car on the bottom rack?

Thats a Lister it now has a 12 cyl Jaguar engine in it.
jwalters
QUOTE(904svo @ Nov 18 2006, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Nov 18 2006, 09:55 AM) *

Thats a Lister it now has a 12 cyl Jaguar engine in it.

I kinda thought it was a Lotus birdcage ---
wbergtho
Thats a Lister

How correct you are sir!
Dr Evil
Here is one I found in my pics stash. Dont know whose, or where.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.