Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incorrect MPS Symptons?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I just got around to installing a used MPS I recently purchased to rectify the poor gas milage I have been getting (<20 MPG?). After installing the new one the car will no longer idle and runs extremely rough. The diagnosis on my old one showed a vacuum leak, while the new one showed none. Do I have the incorect MPS? Are there other adjustments I need to make to accomodate the new MPS? Or should I just go back to the old MPS and live with the bad milage? Thanks
rmital
you definitely have the correct MPS for a 1973 1.7L

0 280 100 041 = VW 022 906 051 E which is interchangeable with the 049.

could you timing be in the need of adjustment?? (with the nonleaking MPS)
TravisNeff
You may have to re-adjust your idle mixture (the knob on the ECU), since you probably set it for a rich running engine before.

Make sure you have the valves adjusted, timing and dwell set. After that I would be checking individual components and vacuum leaks.
rmital
Vance...I could send you the portion of the harness that connects to the MPS, if you think the connection might be bad.
...just not sure how much you'll need and how it'll splice in...let me know and I could ship out to you asap.
Cap'n Krusty
"New"? Define "new". The Cap'n
dlo914
slight hijack, which #'d mps would i use for a 75' 2.0L Djet?
TravisNeff
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 11 2006, 01:58 PM) *

0 280 100 043

Check http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders
dlo914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 11 2006, 02:05 PM) *

QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 11 2006, 01:58 PM) *

0 280 100 043

Check http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders

sweet now to go check the two MPS i have. awesome response time clap56.gif
vesnyder
OK - I checked my MPS and the part numbers are as follows:

0280 100 019
VW 022 906 051A

I could not find these numbers in the assortment of MPS manuals I've collected - where are they from?
BMXerror
I'd first check the fuel pressure, then the manifold vacuum. This kind of thing happens a lot when a injection system has worn gradually and compensated for itself(or someone before you has compensated the cheap way). Then you throw a rebuilt part into the mix and it will barely run. Like I said, probably vacuum leaks and/or improper fuel mixure. I wouldn't really suspect a faulty MPS connector since it ran before. Just my two cents.
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.