Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now this is a serious motor...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Where do these guys get the money to build stuff like this...I wonder how much Hp it is pushing...I want one...

IPB Image

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
bring wheelbarrows of cash! that is nuts! 600 hp? twin turbo/no smog/emissions/restriction maybe 800hp?
TimT
My friends engine 3.6 single turbo K34 hybrid, between 700 and 950 hp depend where the boost knob is set. The intake is custom fabbed, 2 injectors per cylinder, individual throttle bodies, HUGE intercooler. I believe the intake alone cost about $15000.
Britain Smith
Do you have any close-ups of this motor??

-Britain
TimT
Motors in the car now, Ill shoot some next time Im at the shop, here is a closeup of the throttle bodies and twin injectors
Aaron Cox
thats friggin psycho! things to do when you got money to burn lol3.gif
campbellcj
Another similarly "sick" twin turbo 3.2 from a guy on the Pelican board (Mark Hargett) -
SirAndy
ok, ok, sooo ya'all think that's sick and all icon8.gif
but i have been (seriously) thinking about doing something similar to my 3.6 ...

i kind of made up my mind that it's going to be supercharged.
but i'm still open to suggestions wink.gif

anyone here on the board with personal experience in supercharging or twin turboing a 3.6?
Andy
thesey914
Andy, Is this going in your 914 or do you have a 911?
...................Nice job on the new look site btw cool.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Oct 28 2003, 02:53 PM)
Andy, Is this going in your 914 or do you have a 911?
...................Nice job on the new look site btw cool.gif

thanks wink.gif

it'll go into the teener ... driving.gif
Andy
Jeroen
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but...
I was just browsing Andy's site and never would have thought so many of the "old" bands were still alive and kicking. Cool!
So, thanks Andy for bringing back some good memories biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
TimT
Andy, I spent alot of time helping my friend build that 3.6. It is a single turbo, however twin turbos are just a matter of a little more elaborate plumbing... building a solid 3.6 base as a foundation is most important.

The build up of that engine was pretty straight forward. Ill get the "recipe" for the engine

If you want to supercharge, try Supercharger of Knoxville. They have some pretty good kits
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 28 2003, 05:27 PM)
I was just browsing Andy's site and never would have thought so many of the "old" bands were still alive and kicking. Cool!

yes, and even more amazing, most of them are better than ever aktion035.gif

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(TimT @ Oct 28 2003, 05:49 PM)
Ill get the "recipe" for the engine

that would be way cool!
it's always good to get info from someone who has been there and done that ...

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.