Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash glue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I'm replacing the padded dash in my car. Part of the glued down dash in front of that came up. What is everyone using to glue it back down?
Dave_Darling
3M Trim Adhesive. If you have lots of room to work in, the spray stuff. If not, the stuff you squeeze out of a tube. Good stuff, works quite well!

--DD
chris914
Were can you buy it?
boxstr
FLAPS
chris914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Sep 14 2006, 07:42 AM) *

FLAPS

What the heck is FLAPS? lol
TINCAN914
QUOTE(chris914 @ Sep 14 2006, 07:00 AM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Sep 14 2006, 07:42 AM) *

FLAPS

What the heck is FLAPS? lol

Friendly local auto parts store. Pep Boys, Autozone, etc.. FLAPS... smile.gif
Maltese Falcon
Chris, I found that besides the right adhesive for the dash, I also needed good clamping and holding force to get the dash cap ( aftermarket dash cover) to sit down right. First off, I didn't use the generic silicon that came in the kit. I used a 24 hour setting epoxy.
Clamps were used , and I made 2 wooden supports (L and R) that simply wedged into the door frame and pushed down on the dashcap. The next day after all the clamps came off, the dash was perfect--and hasn't lifted since.
I meant to keep the wooden supports...but the gardener pitched them mad.gif
Marty
chris914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 14 2006, 08:21 PM) *

Chris, I found that besides the right adhesive for the dash, I also needed good clamping and holding force to get the dash cap ( aftermarket dash cover) to sit down right. First off, I didn't use the generic silicon that came in the kit. I used a 24 hour setting epoxy.
Clamps were used , and I made 2 wooden supports (L and R) that simply wedged into the door frame and pushed down on the dashcap. The next day after all the clamps came off, the dash was perfect--and hasn't lifted since.
I meant to keep the wooden supports...but the gardener pitched them mad.gif
Marty

Wow, Thanks!
Aaron Cox
3m Super 90....

you can get it at home depot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.