Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fall Foliage Classic in Columbus & Nashville, Indiana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
grasshopper
A poker run can be two different things. Usually, people just call a rally, or sprited drive a poker run. A Real poker run is where you have people set up at check points along the way, you give people a printed map, and you set them off on the route. If you follow the map correctly, you should be given one card (playing card) at each checkpoint, and have five total where you end at. Who ever has the best hand gets some sort of prize at the end. I am not sure if this is what they are doing confused24.gif
grasshopper
whoops, robby beat me.
bd1308
I'm not so good at poker. :/

and I'm horrible with directions lol

but i'm in....

I'll get all the moneys in by friday.

Hopefully I'll have door panels by then rolleyes.gif
grasshopper
I still havn't seen pictures of your finished rust repair. I had to get David to tell me how it turned out...will somebody PLEASE take some pictures of britts car. Like the Hell hole and the underside of the passenger floor.... Thanks.
bd1308
OK man.

You got me.

Give me ten.

pastordavid
Doug, I am trying to work things out for at least one day. Sundays are kinda tied up. Any problems just showing up Sat. morning and hanging out?
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(pastordavid @ Oct 3 2006, 06:21 PM) *

Doug, I am trying to work things out for at least one day. Sundays are kinda tied up. Any problems just showing up Sat. morning and hanging out?

What keeps you busy on Sunday's??????

No problem with just showing up on Saturday. But, you may want to register. Registration will get you t-shirts, lunch and a good chance at a sponsor supplied item.
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(robby750 @ Oct 2 2006, 10:10 PM) *

Al, a poker run is an event where you are given directions to a checkpoint at which time you draw a card from a deck. After everyone completes all the checkpoints, whoever has the best poker hand wins like $1000.00 cash or so.

Poker run prize donated by Robby!!!!! chairfall.gif

Be sure to read the small print.

(Small print: The Poker Run prize may be somewhat smaller than $1000.00)
bd1308
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Oct 3 2006, 06:32 PM) *

No problem with just showing up on Saturday. But, you may want to register. Registration will get you t-shirts, lunch and a good chance at a sponsor supplied item.

He's a pastor for a church. David I really want you to come, I owe you a personal apology for CISCO's fate....I am working to restore it in a different form if you are intrested at all. I will explain if you come.

Thank you.
Pnambic
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 3 2006, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Oct 3 2006, 06:32 PM) *

He's a pastor for a church. David I really want you to come, I owe you a personal apology for CISCO's fate....I am working to restore it in a different form if you are intrested at all. I will explain if you come.

Thank you.

Aww, come on David. You can just video tape your sermon in advance and set up a TV/VCR at the front of the church and have one of your congregation start and stop the tape at the right times. happy11.gif

Some singing, some PastorDavid on tape, some more singing, some more PastorDavid on tape....maybe you could make it like Max Headroom....
IPB Image

Think of all the souls you could be saving at the FFC. You know us 914 folk are a troubled lot... smile.gif

Seriously though, I enjoyed talking with you at FFC 2004. Hope to see down there again this year.
Doug Leggins
16 registrations so far, 13 or 14 914s boldblue.gif

This is going to be a great time!!!!

I would love to get a few more 914s at the event. Something compelling about getting more than ever before. The most 914s at a previous FFC event is 16.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Doug,
Linda and I are looking forward to next weekend piratenanner.gif Is there a venue for where dinner is? The Columbus Inn? The Whirl & Hirl? Dress code? Linda wants to know...jeans for dinner or cocktail dress? Or sumpin inbetween!
Will jack stands be available or do we BYO biggrin.gif

Paul
Doug Leggins
Friday dinner will likely be at one of the local downtown pubs. There are 2 or 3 within walking distance of the hotel. I have tenative plans for Saturday's dinner but they may change. I will have the plan set Saturday or Sunday.

I'll try to avoid any local whirl & hirls. But, wherever we go jeans will be ok, or the sumthin in between style.

My place is just over 15 miles away from the hotel. So jack stands are not too far away if they're needed. I also have an inspection pit in the garage -usually a bit better than being on jack stands smile.gif I do know from experience that a trunk full of tools and the necessary equipment for a roadside repair kinda works like a kids blankie for a 914 owner on a road trip biggrin.gif
bd1308
If you all need tools, I have a set I keep with me at all times.
Greg808
Really want to come next week. I won't know if I can until midweek. When is it to late to register? driving.gif
Doug Leggins
The official registration cutoff was a few days back. Registration was necessary in order to get 2 shirts of the correct size, lunch covered and a goodie bag. The cutoff date allowed for me to advance plan for activities and dinner. However...... I did order a few extra shirts, lunch numbers are flexible, I can likely put together a goodie bag, and today I talked to the restaurant and confirmed that we can add a few more to the plan with a little notice.

So registrations can still be sent in (We would love to have as many 914ers as possible). The earlier the registration is sent in the more likely that shirts of the desired size will be available.

For anyone that cannot commit early, you are still welcome to join in! I do request that you let me know as soon as you possibly can. I would like to know that we have everyone that we are expecting to join in before we leave the hotel on Saturday morning.

beerchug.gif
Engman
Something new for the 914 will be seen there!

As a matter of fact someone will be getting one in the door prizes!

piratenanner.gif

M
GaroldShaffer
Sweet, I want it. I don't know what it is, but I am sure I will want it boldblue.gif smile.gif
Engman

days

till
mikelsr
I sure hope everyone has a great time this weekend. Shelley and I would love to come but we have another fall foliage run that we signed up for months ago (if I don't have to jump on a plane to Spain on Saturday).

Doug sounds like you (and others?) have done a fanstatic job getting this event together.

Have a great time!

Mike
tdgray
I posted another thread on this but it seems well.... I'm out.

Major dizzy problems were causing the running rich condition I was having.

I am sooo bummed that I will not be coming. I know I could come without the 14 but it just would not be the same.

Doug... could I still get the T-shirts? That would be great...at least I would feel as if I had some part in the event

Gonna go have some beer3.gif and try not to be pissed sad2.gif
2pointOH
Hey Doug--

JUst registered and need to get to work to get to email and my PayPal password. Are you still taking registrations and $45 to cover shirts and lunch. My son and I won't be able to head over until early Saturday morning and hopefully there will be clear weather to bring the car.

Let me know on registration and $$ so I can send this to you.

Thanks--John
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Speedster07 @ Sep 26 2006, 08:40 PM) *

Im in, I hope Rick shows up with his 914/8 Alien beerchug.gif

Still broken sad.gif confused24.gif Sorry guys. Sandy and I both had a great time there. Keep us in your thoughts. And watchout for the wet leaves! huh.gif driving.gif
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(2pointOH @ Oct 10 2006, 10:47 PM) *

Hey Doug--

Just registered and need to get to work to get to email and my PayPal password. Are you still taking registrations and $45 to cover shirts and lunch. My son and I won't be able to head over until early Saturday morning and hopefully there will be clear weather to bring the car.

Let me know on registration and $$ so I can send this to you.

Thanks--John

Yes still taking registrations. I think that I can meet your shirt size request.
Doug Leggins
There are a few other events taking place this weekend in the area and hotel rooms are scarce. If anyone is having trouble finding a hotel room let me know. My wife, Susan, is pretty good at travel plans, room reservations and knows the area well. Maybe she can help.

bd1308
do i need to paypal you beforehand or can i pay you with cash when i get there?

A little strapped until payday.
Engman
Tdgray - you have to make it - we are all pulling for ya!

days

till
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 11 2006, 12:03 AM) *

do i need to paypal you beforehand or can i pay you with cash when i get there?

A little strapped until payday.

Ahhhh, the memories of school days. Stretching every dollar as far as it would go.... Man getting a job after finishing school was great! Going from an annual income of $3,000 to $25,000 was unbelievable. At least until I started accumulating bills sad.gif .

When you get here will be fine.
robby750
If you do not have a room reserved yet, you better get busy. I just got mine in Seymour IN. 20 miles down the road (closest I could find). See you there!
dralf
mueba.gif One more day !
I think I will be worthless at work today for my mind is on trying to figure out what tools and stuff I should pack, and how much washing and shining I can get done before the big trip.

Looking forward to making some new 914 friends,

Britt, just remember, you will not be the only car without heat.
GaroldShaffer
just get one of these Hunting seat to keep your bootyshake.gif warm
bd1308
Thanks Al smile.gif

At least I won't be suffering alone.
seanery
I'm jealous!

I'll be home the day after FFC is done sad.gif
Pnambic
QUOTE(Moron Sean @ Oct 12 2006, 10:07 AM) *

I'm jealous!

I'll be home the day after FFC is done sad.gif

You ever get Whitey up and going?
I won't have my teener down here until next week. I was thinking of taking a little jaunt down there sometime next week since my last day at work is Monday.
MDB2.gif driving.gif
Engman
Forecast - Sunny - cool temps - mid to high 50's

day

till!

M
bd1308
Sweet!

Last year was cold though.

b
Doug Leggins
Kicked back drinking some 12 year old scotch. Thrilled that I don't have to work tomorrow and stoked about kicking off the FFC tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I drove the twisty tour today/tonight driving.gif biggrin.gif - it got dark before I was done. Still no heat in the car so it was a little cold but I did not get as chilled as I expected. What scared the shit out of me was the deer. They tend to wander around in the roads around here around twilight ar15.gif .
tdgray
Have fun guys... take lots of pics so it will seem like I am there.

I talked to the wife and told her not to expect me around Sat afternoon as I am going to take the MGA and cruise the local park system for my own little Fall Run.

I'll be thinkin about you all... have a few beer3.gif for me.

Doug... I'll pay for the shipping on my shirts if you let me know how much it is.

Thanks for being the MAN and putting the FFC together.

Next year... there's always next year. sad2.gif
seanery
Dan, whitey is still in pieces...I gotta plan though smile.gif
Engman
Awww crapp tdgray.

So sorry to hear - you should just show up in whatever. A good time will be had.

Leaving in an hour - take me an hour to get there.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

M
akellym
Well we just arrived! This is the first year we are first biggrin.gif Only 3 semis tried to crush us this year.
pastordavid
Sorry guys, something has come up here, so I won't be able to get to the lunch. Doug, had a great time yesterday at your place, thanks for the hospitality. Will send you some pics. Garrold, great to meet you and your wife, if only for just a moment. Have a great and blessed day, and may God be your wingman on the drives through Brown County.

pastor david
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.