Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fall Foliage Classic in Columbus & Nashville, Indiana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Doug Leggins
The 2006 FFC is being held October 13 - 15 in Columbus and Nashville, Indiana. This is a beautiful area in central Indiana. Columbus is recognized for its outstanding architecture and Nashville is an artisan town that attracts visitors from all over the Midwest. Nashville, and especially the Brown County State Park provide some beautiful fall scenery. And, there are some great twisty roads that we'll enjoy.

The host hotel will be the Columbus Inn located in Columbus, Indiana. The hotel info is: 445 5th St, Columbus, Indiana 47201, 812-378-4289. The room rate is $99/night -ask for the 914 club rate. Their website is http://www.thecolumbusinn.com

Here is the link to the registration page and event details

Registration link for FFC 2006

Here's the schedule of events

Friday, Oct 13

5:30 PM Early registration at the Columbus Inn
7:00 PM Dinner in Columbus

Saturday, Oct 14

8:00 - 9:14AM Event registration & breakfast
9:14 – 12:30 PM Poker run
12:30 - 1:30 PM Lunch in Brown County State Park, C.C.C. Shelter
1:30 - 3:00 PM Show and Shine
3:00 - 5:00 PM Scenic/twisty tour through Brown County to the Columbus Inn
6:30 PM Dinner & Drinks

Sunday, Oct 15

8:30 Breakfast
Departures

We will add a tech session if we can get it to work out.

My garage will be open all day Friday before heading over to the Columbus Inn. Anyone that can get into town early is welcome to come on over to the garage. Good friends, cold drinks, 914 parts and some good old chevys can make for a great time!

Registration information will be posted within the next day or two.

Please post in this thread if you are going to attend.

Here is the list of registrants that I have so far.

Doug & Susan Leggins (Doug Leggins)
Garold & Julie Shaffer (itsa914)
Mark Bland & son? (Engman)
Dan & Leah Anderson (Pnambic & Mrs Pnambic)
Paul & Linda Naberhaus (70 Nuen vierzehn)
Robby Poindexter (Robby750)
Kelly & Kyle Manley (akellym)
Martin Bernardi (colnmz)
Charles Navarro (cnavarro)
Al (dralf) Al I received your message that you registered, but I did not receive the registration. Please submit it once again.
Britt Dodd (bd1308)
Craig Shields (Speedster07)
Mark Kinnaman (Bartlett 914)
Todd Gray (tdgray)
Al & Ruth Remley (alremley)
Bert Remley (Bertus)

Several others have posted/sent info indicating that they were going to attend. If you are attending and your name is not listed above, please submit a registration.

Thanks for quickly completing the registration folks! This will help us better plan the event activities, lunch and shirts!
1970 Neun vierzehn
Wifey, 914 and I would like to attend but probably won't know 'till a few days before hand if I can get off work for that weekend. I'm scheduled to work every Saturday, so w/e long events are very difficult to attend/participate in. Do you have any idea when the cutoff date for reservations might be?
robby750
I can't wait! Please don't make the poker run so hard like Sean did a couple of years ago. See you there.
Brad Roberts
Thanks Doug clap56.gif

The club will do everything we can to help you out.

Admins: We need a FFC banner for Doug.

B

GaroldShaffer
driving.gif driving-girl.gif clap56.gif thumb3d.gif we will be there
Brad Roberts
Please attend this event

The FFC was orginally put together by "Seanery" and was a HUGE success the first year!! Even my mom and sister showed up to the event!!

Doug is a great person with a wealth of knowledge.

For the first year I suggested to Sean: Do a Brown County fun run.. this is what my father used to do with a "Van" club from the "Circle City" I recall going to Brown County state park as a VERY young child. Attending the first FFC was awesome for me. I had the chance to meet "Engman" and discuss future 914 products with him. I got to meet Sean/Doug/Garold... and many many others. The Indy group is awesome.

PLease consider this event for this year. Maybe next year the club can help out with gifts and such.

B
Engman
Yep remenber the first one well - I gave Brad 1 of 2 special pedal boards....

Talked about the inner longs (hence the kit) and talked about the fuse panel and one other item.

God that was goooooood.

Many people have benefited from the talks we had.

Those were good times.

More to come!

Be there!

M
Brad Roberts
I can count about 20 or so people on this BBS who have benefitted from my "talks" on what would sell and what wouldnt.

I'm happy to be involved "indirectly"

The bottome line is: the 914 people benefit.

B
wbergtho
Hope to make it!
bd1308
You know what would sell?

Targa Windshield Seals
tdgray
Still trying to arrange things so I can make it.

Got to get a little more work done on the car too.

dralf
I and the woman plan to be there drunk.gif
Engman
Admins - would you please nail this thread..

M
bd1308
I am planning to be there, just have to request off from work.
rick 918-S
Sean's poker run was great! Sandy and I won!
tdgray
You comin this year Rick?

bd1308
I was leary of doing strenous driving with my rust

but thats gone now tongue.gif
grasshopper
Looks like I wont be able to make it for the second year in a row...school.... sad.gif
Engman

M
Bertus
I'll be there! Already asked off for that Friday and everyting. I think Dad will be there as well.
Later,
Bert
grasshopper
QUOTE(Engman @ Sep 20 2006, 03:10 PM) *

M

agree.gif This definetly needs to be nailed. BTW, do you guys want a 914club banner for the event? I have one if you want it.
Engman
We get no respect! Everyone knows 914's don't belong here!

smile.gif

M
Doug Leggins
COOL!!!

Nailed and a banner beerchug.gif
mikelsr
I wish we could be there but we will be on a Boxster drive to southern WI for the weekend. This sounds like a lot more fun.
Doug Leggins
Well folks I pretty much screwed up in getting the registration form generated, but that is being corrected now. The actual registration form will be coming out soon. For now, here are more of the event registration details.

The registration fee is $45.00. This will pay for a main entrant and a co-entrant. The fee includes 2 event shirts, 2 lunches and a goodie bag.

The registration cut off date will be September 27. YES, this is coming up quick!

914forme
I will try to be there, there are other events, WORK, that might take that plan and dump it down a dark tunnel, but my plan is yes.

dralf
smash.gif Let me know where to send my $. I am working like crazy to replace the speedo, clutch and accelerator cables. I hope my clutch tube is ok. It seems to wiggle a bit sad.gif

qa1142
We had a great time last year, I'll talk with Lynne
Jkids914
Cynthia and I are trying to make a plan to come also. Just have to make sure we can get the kids taken care of for an overnighter. We've never been to a 914 event before. Well - not since my teenage days while working at Automobile Atlanta - but that was a loooong time ago.
bd1308
do we have time for a tech session...on:

Installing Stock Heating System?
1970 Neun vierzehn
Just made reservations at the Columbus Inn for my wife and I. Now all I have to do is hope another fuel line doesn't give out on the trip up there. We are looking forward to meeting some of the wonderful folks whom we've only just "met" on this site. beerchug.gif
andy914
I am so disapointed to not be able to attend...I have been watching for t ohmy.gif his to be added to the schedule. I have a daughter in grad school @ IU & had planned to drive up for the weekend. I will be in NYC that weekend. Please let me know if you have any advanced information for the weekend date for next year.
colmz
Reservations are made for my wife & I.

Marty
GaroldShaffer
Booked our room today boldblue.gif
alremley
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Sep 14 2006, 01:26 PM) *

The 2006 FFC is being held October 13 - 15 in Columbus and Nashville, Indiana. This is a beautiful area in central Indiana. Columbus is recognized for its outstanding architecture and Nashville is an artisan town that attracts visitors from all over the Midwest. Nashville, and especially the Brown County State Park provide some beautiful fall scenery. And, there are some great twisty roads that we'll enjoy.

The host hotel will be the Columbus Inn located in Columbus, Indiana. The hotel info is: 445 5th St, Columbus, Indiana 47201, 812-378-4289. The room rate is $99/night -ask for the 914 club rate. Their website is http://www.thecolumbusinn.com

Friday, Oct 13

Saturday, Oct 14

Sunday, Oct 15

Departures

My garage will be open all day Friday before heading over to the Columbus Inn. Anyone that can get into town early is welcome to come on over to the garage. Good friends, cold drinks, 914 parts and some good old chevys can make for a great time!

Please post here if you are going to attend.

alremley
QUOTE(alremley @ Sep 24 2006, 04:28 PM) *

Plan to attend. Arrive for registration Saturday morning. Advise if prepaid registration is required. Will shirts be available? Is room double occupancy rate? driving.gif

QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Sep 14 2006, 01:26 PM) *

Friday, Oct 13

Saturday, Oct 14

Sunday, Oct 15

Departures

Please post here if you are going to attend.

Doug Leggins
The first post in this thread has been edited to include the event website. The registration tab is on the left site of the home page.
Doug Leggins
I added the current list of attendees to the first post in this thread.

I will maintain the list in the first post as it grows.

Here is the list of registrants that I have so far.

Doug & Susan Leggins (Doug Leggins)
Garold & Julie Shaffer (itsa914)
Mark Bland & son? (Engman)
Dan & Leah Anderson (Pnambic & Mrs Pnambic)
Paul & Linda Naberhaus (70 Nuen vierzehn)
Robby Poindexter (Robby750)
Kelly & Kyle Manley (akellym)
Martin Bernardi (colnmz)
Charles Navarro (cnavarro)
Al (Dralf) Al I received your message that you registered, but I did not receive the registration. Please submit it once again.

Several others have posted/sent info indicating that they were going to attend. If you are attending and your name is not listed above, please submit a registration.

Thanks for quickly completing the registration folks! beerchug.gif This will help us better plan the event activities, lunch and shirts!
Speedster07
Im in, I hope Rick shows up with his 914/8 Alien beerchug.gif
bd1308
Rick's coming???

smile.gif
tdgray
Registration sent... Reservations made.

Now I have to work on the car... pack the beer and we're ready to go biggrin.gif
Doug Leggins
The updated list of those that have registered is in the first post.

If your name is not there and you are within driving distance... register and join in!
bd1308
hey whats the scoop about the inn?
How old am I supposed to be to check a room? I need a room for me and my partner in crime for two nights.

Am I going to have to perform a little social engineering here? Or am I goign to have to get lots of blankets and sleep out in the car?
1970 Neun vierzehn
BD,
When I called the inn last week, they told me they only had 2 rooms left for the w/e of the FFC. They allowed how just about all the rooms were allocated for "some car club organization meeting..." I said "That's me (us)." "OK" sez them. and then I get a choice of rooms 'cause I'm with the 914 Group! clap56.gif Make sure that you indicate that you're with the organization that has a block of rooms set aside. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone next month. beerchug.gif
bd1308
sad.gif

crap
tdgray
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 27 2006, 11:58 PM) *

hey whats the scoop about the inn?
How old am I supposed to be to check a room? I need a room for me and my partner in crime for two nights.

Am I going to have to perform a little social engineering here? Or am I goign to have to get lots of blankets and sleep out in the car?

Always happy to help Britt... your GF can stay with me and I will bring a heavy duty sleeping bag for you to sleep in the car biggrin.gif

Ya know I never inquired as to what kind of room I booked (single double etc). Better be a double in case a buddy of mine decides he coming along.
bd1308
booked smile.gif

tdgray
Robby has a post out there looking to share a room with someone...

Lend a brother a hand anybody smile.gif
alremley
driving.gif Registered tonight. Forgot to include my wifes name: Ruth.
One question: What is a poker run?
robby750
Al, a poker run is an event where you are given directions to a checkpoint at which time you draw a card from a deck. After everyone completes all the checkpoints, whoever has the best poker hand wins like $1000.00 cash or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.