Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club Shirt V3?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTeener
I'd like to see this badge outline on some club clothing product.

Like t-shirts, sweat shirts and hats. thumb3d.gif

Who's taking over for Sean now that he's off to the circus?
Brad Roberts
One of the other admins (who will be announced soon)

This person will end up handling all of the "Goodie Store"

B
GTeener
thumb3d.gif popcorn[1].gif
Jenny
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 14 2006, 03:51 PM) *

B

Shrouded in secrecy the admins are... yoda.gif

Jen
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 14 2006, 04:12 PM) *

B

Jen

"ENOUGH is ENOUGH! I'm tired of these muthaf***in Admins on This mothaf***in Site!" - samuel L jackson "admins on a clubsite"
shelby/914
It's getting cold here, snow in the forecast above 9000ft. I could use a jacket with the logo on it or just a patch that can be applied to whatever, like the other side of the Shelby jacket. clap56.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Sep 14 2006, 04:40 PM) *

It's getting cold here, snow in the forecast above 9000ft. I could use a jacket with the logo on it or just a patch that can be applied to whatever, like the other side of the Shelby jacket. clap56.gif

agree.gif Patches good...jacket good.... smile.gif
Brad Roberts
We have a billion idea's.

We are trying to get some money in the bank so people dont have to pay in advance for *stuff*. It would be nice to "stock" some of this stuff and stop ordering "what we need"

We are headed there.

B
Brad Roberts
Aaron,

I dont have the password for the "admin" area on this machine..LOL , but I still get the email notifications!!!

The admin I'm referring to already exists.. and has already proven himself to be a person who gets shit done. He is also close to retirement..LOL

B
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 14 2006, 04:15 PM) *
"ENOUGH is ENOUGH! I'm tired of these muthaf***in Admins on This mothaf***in Site!" - samuel L jackson "admins on a clubsite"

Click to view attachment
Howard
Paypal $10 to info@thehowardagency.com for the real story. happy11.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 14 2006, 08:18 PM) *

We have a billion idea's.

We are trying to get some money in the bank so people dont have to pay in advance for *stuff*. It would be nice to "stock" some of this stuff and stop ordering "what we need"

We are headed there.

B

blink.gif so we're heading towards a profit making club now?

I'm sensing that the the badges cost more than they needed too...Good thing there was full disclosure on that dry.gif
seanery
the badges are very expensive to have produced.

We are not a profit making club...we would, however, like to be able to pay for our own events without the organizer coming out of pocket.
GTeener
QUOTE(Moron Sean @ Sep 15 2006, 10:00 AM) *

the badges are very expensive to have produced.

We are not a profit making club...we would, however, like to be able to pay for our own events without the organizer coming out of pocket.

Profits must be made in order to acheive the stated goal. The extra money has to come out of someone's pocket.

All I'm saying is that it is courteous to disclose where the extra proceeds are going.

The product cost $X, the extra proceeds will go to fund $X.

The covert stuff is bad business...
blitZ
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Sep 14 2006, 07:40 PM) *

Oh yeah, or a Gulf Porsche jacket with a club logo.
xitspd
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 14 2006, 04:12 PM) *

B

Jen

Missed seeing you at GAF. The Shaohsing was very much appreciated. Thank you and Brian.

Dan
Brad Roberts
Profits must be made in order to acheive the stated goal. The extra money has to come out of someone's pocket.

All I'm saying is that it is courteous to disclose where the extra proceeds are going.

The product cost $X, the extra proceeds will go to fund $X.

The covert stuff is bad business...

Gwen,

when was the last time Snap-On told you how much it "costs" to make the hand held scanners you are involved in?

I have NEVER ever worked for a company who "gave" out the numbers. All it does is cause controversy. Does it *really* matter what or where the money is going? Have we EVER asked you "how much" did you make off selling shirts and all the other 914 related stuff you push? I dont ask Engman how much he has sold because of this site. I havent asked Chris Foley "how much" or Ira from Tarret, or James from JWest.. so why would you ask us this question? Are you afraid someone besides yourself might make money?? I just dont get when people ask this question.

Please explain. I dont recall ever asking a 914 customer "how much money do you make?" so I can determine how much I'm going to charge you?? LOL

I'm all ears. I would love to know "why" anyone needs to know the numbers? Not one time have I asked "Sean" how much money he has made on ALL the hats/shirts and such he has sold.

Bottom line: It is NONE of my business

B
siverson
I think what Gwen might have been saying is that it's pretty standard for non-profits to fully disclose financials. For example, PCA SDR every year (maybe every month) in the magazine shows revenue for different events, cash balance, etc.

Regardless, to me, I have no problem with someone making a profit and I personally don't understand even why this club has to be a non-profit. I think it could actually be better if it's wasn't non-profit and the club could spend some decent money on servers/t-shirts etc. Why do we only need to rely on volunteers and donations? Not that I'm rich, but I have more money to donate (or buy stuff with) than time.

-Steve
GTeener
Thank you Steve, for undertsanding my point.

I'm not saying that the club can't or shouldn't make money for sponsored events. Just that IT SHOULD BE DISCLOSED.

Proceeds from the sale of X, Y, Z are going to ....

The money raised through the various "Classic" get-togethers do this already. But it has gone to charity and not the club.

Not that it is relevant, but it answers your irrelevant point of contention...

Those other folks you mentioned making money through the site, never claimed to be non-profit organizations. They openly solicit business, many as a primary source of income. It's called Target Marketing.

Club members asked me to provide my artwork in a functional way. The stuff I sell these days goes through CafePress who makes the bulk of the money off my designs. I average maybe $3 an item. I agree, it is a burden for someone who is not in business to do this kind of thing to have to pre-pay for all the stuff, collect money from virtual strangers and deal with shipping.....which is why I use CafePress. They handle everything (keep most of the money) and send me any profits over $50. So don't worry, I'm not going to retire on the backs of this club. I do it as a labor of love. Most of the money I manage to make goes back into club product anyway...

What is not expected is a call for a group buy on a product and then find out months later, inadvertantly by yourslef today, that some extra money was tacked on to stockpile for the future.

It's the non-disclosure that chaps my hide. Why don't you undertsand that?

I'm starting to think it's a Texas thing... idea.gif

Oh, THAT non-disclosure... wink.gif
McMark
Dammit Brad, THIS was why we wrote the manifesto. So we could explain ourselves clearly. I'm so tired of this bullshit.
blitZ
You don't think people would handle the trouble of doing a group buy and not make a few bucks. Like their time is not worth anything. Members sell items for a profit all day long on this site, but when the admins do it it's a crime?

I don't get it, arguing over a few bucks. What purpose does it serve?
sixnotfour
agree.gif
look around , for example the early 911 registry badge 42member 47non member
http://www.early911sregistry.org/goodie-P1.html
I thought they shoulda listed em on ebay for more though.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 15 2006, 06:10 PM) *
THIS was why we wrote the manifesto. So we could explain ourselves clearly.

Manifesto IPB Image

popcorn[1].gif

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ph34r.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(blitZ @ Sep 15 2006, 06:31 PM) *

You don't think people would handle the trouble of doing a group buy and not make a few bucks. Like their time is not worth anything. Members sell items for a profit all day long on this site, but when the admins do it it's a crime?

I don't get it, arguing over a few bucks. What purpose does it serve?

agree.gif

hell i picked mine up in person, but didn't ask for shipping back
McMark
man‧i‧fes‧to  /ˌmænəˈfɛstoʊ/ Pronunciation Key - Pronunciation[man-uh-fes-toh]
–noun, plural -toes.
a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives, as one issued by a government, sovereign, or organization.

The document I spend a TON of hours preparing TO AVOID THIS VERY SITUATION! Thanks for wasting my time Brad.
Brad Roberts
Nobody wasted you time Mark.

There is NO written word that will cover "everything" that the members can bring up.

Not one time anywhere on this site did we EVER say "we are non profit" we chose to give away the money in the past.

You win Gwen clap56.gif

B
Joe Bob
Does this mean I can post boobs again?
SirAndy
QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 15 2006, 05:44 PM) *

It's the non-disclosure that chaps my hide.

what the fuck is wrong with you people? yes, we're probably going to make a few bucks on the badges. yes, we have already talked about how to deal with this. yes, we have started to write up a "manifesto" that we were going to publish here so people know what's going on and where money we have left over will go ...

get a grip on life will 'ya? please ...

the damm fucking badges haven't even been shipped out to the members yet and you're already bickering about how we don't tell you how we're going to handle the money we *might* make on this at some point in the future ...

don't you have anything better to do with your life?

damm, this is pissing me off ...
KMA.gif Andy
Jeroen
just for once, I'll keep my big mouth shut and not post any nasty comments
Rusty
that's okay, Jeroen... I'll do it for you. I missed this thread until now.

QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 15 2006, 07:19 PM) *

blink.gif so we're heading towards a profit making club now?

I'm sensing that the the badges cost more than they needed too...Good thing there was full disclosure on that dry.gif

Why the fuck would you care? Not every bit of Club business is going to be public domain or up for debate... including finances.

Did someone make you buy a shirt or badge? Like any other product, if you thought a price was unfair, then you shouldn't have bought it.

Gwen, if the idea that the Club made a couple of bucks on a badge or shirt is so distasteful to you... then PM me. I'll send you the money you paid and relieve you of the burden of feeling overcharged.

Otherwise, leave it alone.

Once upon a time, the group of admins who created and managed this site/non-club were trustworthy enough to plan for it's future. Apparently now that the future might be financed by a few of your pennies, you're in a tizzy.

Geez, this pisses me off. mad.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
GTeener
Whatever guys. You missed the whole point...

Bash away. I can take it.

I never said the club shouldn't make money for itself. This is a great place and I know it takes a lot of volunteer time to keep it going. I appreciate the effort and so does everyone else.

Why couldn't you all just say when pre-selling the badges that a portion of the sales will go to fund future club activities? confused24.gif

But no...you have to get all fuch'n defensive. dry.gif

Instead you try to play the vicitm card. Why do we have to tell anyone that we're making some extra money?
Why does everyone else get to make money through the club and the club can't make money for itself?

No one said the club can't make money for itself. It just hasn't. Like you said, Brad, the decision was made to give away past money.

Interestingly, when money is given away, everyone knows. So you tell me, why there's fear to tell people when the club wants to make money for itself?

You still have a lot to learn about being successful in business...

Hopefully you'll figure it out sooner rather than later...
Rusty
Otherwise, leave it alone.

Nothing "defensive", honey. The business plan isn't ready for public release.

Unless another admin has something to add... topic closed.
SirAndy
QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 16 2006, 10:17 AM) *

You still have a lot to learn about being successful in business...
Hopefully you'll figure it out sooner rather than later...

just my 2 cents and then i'll leave this alone as well ...

ever thought about the fact that we don't base our timing and efforts on *your* personal schedule?

just because you want "full disclosure" right here and right now doesn't mean we have to please you. this is *not* about you gwen ...

i have been operating my own business for 15+ years now and one thing *i* learned is that certain things take time if you want to do them right ...

we're not going to publish any half finished "manifesto" or "biz plan" just because *you* feel the sudden urge to look at one.
it's done when it's done and for now all *you* have to know is that we have been working on it for weeks now and we will publish it when *we* think it's ready.

btw. there has been quite a lot of talk here already about the fact that we'd like to get this (non)club to a point where it can actively support some events etc.
i guess it's *our* fault as well that you missed those posts ?!?

and while we're at it, has anyone here ever asked *you* to disclose the financials for your goodies, like the calendar and hats and whatever else you sold here?
no? hmmm ... that's odd ...

"You still have a lot to learn about being successful in business...
Hopefully you'll figure it out sooner rather than later..."

right back at 'ya !
bye1.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.