Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SLITS
Ok, all you people with money (if you don't have any ignore this). Glenn & I have come to the agreement to schedule the next installment of the G & R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival on October 29, 2006.

As usual, we will be cooking Bugers (self picked or we will supply) & Smoked Turd Steak (straight from the bowels of jalapeno fed animals) along with deep fried greased & salted Tubers ( potato chips to the unknowing), Tuber w/ pickled cucumber, onion & sauce (otherwise known as potato salad), maybe fried dough w/sugar and liquid caffine in the AM. Imbidements will be limited to clear & brown colored sugar water.

A "donation" of $5.00 per person is graciously accepted if you want to chew ( otherwise, go suck an egg ).

A schedule of events will be posted if I ever deem it interesting enough to do so.

Tijuana style swap meet will begin at 8 AM ...... yes, that's AM not PM ... no need to bring a flashlight (unless you plan on laying on your back and looking up kilts and skirts) to spot parts and then find out in the sunlight that they are rusted beyond repair. Gates will be open approximatly 6:30 AM for you vicious vendors.

Animal Flesh Roasting Festival will begin somewhere around 10 AM or when I damn well decide to light the burners.

The whole thing will be over when we get tired of hearing your recycled tales of 914 heroism.

The place is as last year 2727 Kansas Ave, Riverside, CA 92507 .... if you weren't here last year, Ill get around to posting directions and phone contact numbers someday. If you are able to find it without help...you win a prize....HOWIE will blow you a kiss.

Oh, one last thing ..... We would appreciate it if you males bring female companions as we get real tired of looking a your ugly mugs and besides they smell better and eat less.

Directions:

From Las Vegas: I-15 to I-215 through San Bernardino. 1/2 mile prior to 60 Frwy is the Columbia exit. Get off at Columbia and at the light make a left over the freeway. 2 stoplights later is Chicago .. turn right. Next signal is Spruce ... turn right, go under freeway and look for a sign that says Kansas. You will make a left, then right at the stop and then left at the next stop ... you will be on Kansas (you are going around Howard Industries as Kansas is blocked off at Spruce). Look for the open gate on your right at 2727 Kansas Ave.

From San Fernando Valley & North ... Take 210 Frwy to the 15 Frwy. Go South on the 15 to the 60. Go east on the 60 to Main Street in Riverside. Get off, turn right. At next signal turn left on Spruce Street. Go 2 stop signs ... go over Frwy on bridge and thru two signals. Look for sign on right that says Kansas Ave. Make a right, then left at stop sign and left at second stop sign (You just went around Howard Industries). You are on Kansas. Look on right side for open gate at 2727 Kansas Ave.

From San Diego ... I-15 to I-215 (at Temecula) to I-60 (Moreno Valley / Sunnymead). I-60 West to Riverside. As you are coming down the hill, get off at University Ave. Turn right and go approximately 4 signals to Kansas Ave. Turn right. Go thru ghetto neighborhood (one stop sign) and thru the next signal (3rd Street). After crossing 3rd Street, go across RR tracks and look immediately to your left for open Gate (2727 Kansas Ave).

From the Beaches & Costa Mesa .. Take the 91 Frwy East all the way to Riverside. Just prior to the 60 Frwy, they completed a new Spruce Street / 60 East off ramp. Get off on this ramp,read signs for Spruce Street. At Signal (Spruce St.), turn right. Go thru next signal and look for a sign that says Kansas. Turn right, then another right then a left (You are going around Howard Industries). Look to your right for the open gate @ 2727 Kansas Ave.

Ron's Cell (951) 751-3584
Glenn's Cell (951) 203-1418
JoeSharp
I for one, will make every effort to attend this event. As it is truly one of the finer events on the west coast.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
I r a diehard RG swapper...

(ok.. i come for the 5 dollar lunch!!!)
TROJANMAN
let me see who we play that weekend. i may fly out.
TonyAKAVW
Be there or be a right rhombus!

I may actually have parts err junk to sell this time.
-Tony
Gint
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 14 2006, 05:11 PM) *

let me see who we play that weekend. i may fly out.

I may drive out...

I'm open for Sunday.
Lou W
I'll be there. jsharp.gif
Flat VW
I have just recently toured the catacombs of SLITSVILLE and it ain't a pretty sight.

Everybody put your hand OVER YOUR WALLET!

John dancinnanner.gif
Allan
I'm down for the grub... chowtime.gif blink.gif icon8.gif barf.gif biggrin.gif
bd1308
damn I really need to meet Slits in person, and ron.

And Mike Z and Howard.

Maybe summer time i'll head out?

Any good beaches around?
jim_hoyland
This is definately one of the great events ! Definately coming. Hope to see how this work of art came out.....
Brad Roberts
SLITS,

The 914Club *may* want to sponsor this event and run some advertising for you/Glenn.

Let me know if you are interested.

B
Grimstead
I'll be there! I haven't missed one yet (except for those that I didn't make it to).

wreath.gif
So.Cal.914
Not far from where I am working on the 74, this one I should be able to make.
mightyohm
Wish I could be there.. kind of far to drive.
VegasRacer
I'm gonna try to make it. unsure.gif
yeahmag
I'm in... Anybody from the Pasadena are that wants to car pool let me know.

-Aaron
boxstr
I'll be in the desert, I may have to drive over.
CCL
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Sep 14 2006, 08:55 PM) *

I'm in... Anybody from the Pasadena are that wants to car pool let me know.

-Aaron

Stay in touch we will have 4-6 cars from your area going. Burbank. Glendale etc,
T H O M A S
wenns sein muss biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Sep 14 2006, 10:14 PM) *

WTF.gif dose that mean????
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Toast
VegasRacer (can't just say John, to many damn John's here),
you know that Aerosmith lyric "same old story, same old song and dance my friend".......... wink.gif

I have coffee duty, so you'll see me there before any of you get there. yawn.gif coffee.gif w00t2.gif
gregrobbins
boldblue.gif

rOAD tRIP

driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
Sammy
you left out the best part. An excuse to go drink beer where the wife doesn't know about it and cant bitch about it wink.gif
7TPorsh
Can't believe it has been a year. (smiley with rickety cane inserted here). At least I'm off jackstands. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 14 2006, 10:28 PM) *

VegasRacer (can't just say John, to many damn John's here),
you know that Aerosmith lyric "same old story, same old song and dance my friend".......... wink.gif

I have coffee duty, so you'll see me there before any of you get there. yawn.gif coffee.gif w00t2.gif

rockstars > coffee

LOL
drew365
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 14 2006, 05:17 PM) *

And Mike Z and Howard.

Any good beaches around?

Riverside County Beach and Puddle Jump Park!

Have you ever noticed that you never see Ron and Slits in the same room at the same time? biggrin.gif
spunone
Damm going to Oakland that day for the Raider Game piratenanner.gif Yeah I know don't say IT WTF.gif hate to miss the swap have Fun
Aaron Cox
raiders... who wastes their time watching THEM?
Lou W
raiders? isn't that the Irwindale Raiders of Oakland? piratenanner.gif
spunone
Sure kick a man when he's down flipa.gif Now I feel better givemebeer.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 15 2006, 08:39 AM) *

rockstars > coffee

LOL

redbull > rockstar

wink.gif
Toast
QUOTE(drew365 @ Sep 15 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Have you ever noticed that you never see Ron and Slits in the same room at the same time? biggrin.gif

Similar to Clark Kent and Superman. idea.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 15 2006, 09:47 AM) *

rockstars > coffee

LOL

redbull > rockstar

wink.gif

im sorry. you are severely misinformed smile.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 15 2006, 09:48 AM) *

I'm just saying....
Sammy
Raider's fan huh? Are you a member of the cripts or bloods? wink.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 15 2006, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(drew365 @ Sep 15 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Exactly the same, but somehow different...
Toast
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 15 2006, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 15 2006, 09:47 AM) *

rockstars > coffee

LOL

redbull > rockstar

wink.gif

im sorry. you are severely misinformed smile.gif

I'm sorry. I forgot you are still to young to drink. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
skline
I guess I should try to make it to at least one event this year, Perhaps this will be my chance, work schedule doesn't permit many chances but we will see what happens.
Toast
Hey Scott! wavey.gif

Hope you can make it.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 14 2006, 05:17 PM) *

And Mike Z and Howard.

Any good beaches around?

"Beaches"?

In Riverside?

Maybe at the local tittie bar you weeell fine beeeches.....rite nex' toda batches you been beeeching 'bout....
SLITS
Ron here .....

Ah yes, the fine display of NOS 914 parts.

The fine cusine.

Tastefully decorated atmosphere.

I hope Slits stays at home.
bernbomb914
I hope slits is there because he does more for less than anybody I know.

Happy to put it on the list of things to do again
Bernie
SirAndy
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 14 2006, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Sep 14 2006, 10:14 PM) *

WTF.gif dose that mean????

(very) loosely translated:

"if i have to ... rolleyes.gif "

"wenns denn sein muss ..." ~= "if it has to happen ..."

smilie_flagge6.gif Andy
Lou W
QUOTE(Sammy @ Sep 15 2006, 10:05 AM) *

Raider's fan huh? Are you a member of the cripts or bloods? wink.gif

laugh.gif hide.gif
Twystd1
Kewlio...

Slits.....

One more time.....

You and me and Toast are the last ones to leave.

Wouldn't miss it for the world..!!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton
Toast
For some reason people are still drinking coffee at 8:30 pm. huh.gif
a914luvr
We're currently accepting applications for donut duty and looking for an "award" to hand out to the person who travels the furthest to attend. Anyone have a spare rusted out battery tray?
rmital
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Sep 17 2006, 05:17 PM) *

looking for an "award" to hand out to the person who travels the furthest to attend. Anyone have a spare rusted out battery tray?

...checking into plane fare...hopefully you'll get some POR15 with that battery tray!
Brando
I'm gonna try to get that sunday off.

Skliney's going? Shweet! Would be great if you did attend biggrin.gif

QUOTE(skline @ Sep 15 2006, 11:33 AM) *
I guess I should try to make it to at least one event this year, Perhaps this will be my chance, work schedule doesn't permit many chances but we will see what happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.