Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74' relay board removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slowpoke
I'm removing the relay board in my carbed 74. It seems pretty straight forward by matching color coded wires. Except for;
#1. the light blue alternator/generator light wire. does this wire get jumped to the red, green or brown wire comming from the alternator??
#2. The two large red wires I assume are for the fuel pump relay and the defroster fan relay, right?? This will require wiring a separate relay for each, right??
#3. I'm at a lost where the two grey w/ brown strip wires are used. They were not connected to anything in my car and I can't see where they go in the engine compartment. But, they are also in the main harness.
Thanks for the help. I should have three good relay boards with good covers should anyone need them. They just looked too bulky in my engine compartment. Thanks idea.gif
Peter
SirAndy
we have color wire diagrams in the download section.
they also cover the relay board and the attached wires.

http://www.914world.com/downloads/

helps a lot wink.gif
Andy
Slowpoke
The blue wire goes to the D+ (red wire) on the alternator. If anyone cares. Now if I could just find that damn grey with brown strip mad.gif
Slowpoke
gray/brown back up lite switch wires, geez what a moron smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.