Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-Jet resistor (Ballast) pack value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Of all the L-jetronic sites I've looked at, no one has an ohm value for this part, it's only mentioned confused24.gif

thanks...
bd1308
3.3k I believe

I'll find out for you later (i'm going to sleep now tho)

1 watt or larger resistor, needs to support big draws.
Mueller
icon_bump.gif

still looking for the measured or known value...no guessing poke.gif

biggrin.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi Mike

I have a pack I measured VW 022 906 079

I measured 6 to 7 ohms. I thought it was supposed to be higher but that is what I got.

Mark
drewvw

all i know is that the '73 2.0 resistor was 270 ohms.....probably not the same tho
brant
Mike,

I'm about to attempt to put a 1.8 together
in looking at the boxes of parts I didn't see the double resistor present.
if the value is clearly defined... would it be possible to go to radio shack and buy a generic correctly valued resistor then?

brant
drewvw

if the value is clearly defined... would it be possible to go to radio shack and buy a generic correctly valued resistor then?

you should be able to.

I have a bunch of different resistors and would be happy to make up some with the solderless connections and such if you want or for anybody else. I've made a bunch for my car and I like doing it.

just made some for ptravanic
brant
Drew,

that makes sense,
but I guess I should of asked the question more accurately..

on the L-jet double pack (I know little about Ljet yet)
is it really just a resistor or does it have other functions also?

brant
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 19 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Drew,

that makes sense,
but I guess I should of asked the question more accurately..

on the L-jet double pack (I know little about Ljet yet)
is it really just a resistor or does it have other functions also?

brant

I think you are confusing 2 parts.

There is a double relay that supplies power.

And there is a set of 4 resistors in a pack that provides current drop between the injectiors and battery voltage.

Everyone here is talking about the dropping resistors. They are standard, wire wound resistors.

Oh, and to whomever was looking for them. Take a quick trip to the local automotive recycler. Look for a Nissan with injection from the mid 80s. It will have a set that is electrically compatible with the 914 set. All you have to do is change the plug.

brant
I think your right.
and I am/was confusing the 2 parts.

I still have a lot to learn about the Ljet over the next couple of months as I try to put one back together.
thanks for the clarification and tip.

brant
Bartlett 914
If we are talking about the resistor pack for the injectors, there are 4 in the pack. All are tied at one end together. This is fed to +12 or ground ( I haven't looked). The wattage is a little high. I am guessing 10 to 20 watts. I doubt these will be found at Radio Shack. The ballast resistor in series to the CHT is another subject.

Mark
bd1308
I dunno, I guess my CHT was 3.3k ohms.

sorry for the mixup.

Mueller
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 19 2006, 03:23 PM) *

If we are talking about the resistor pack for the injectors, there are 4 in the pack. All are tied at one end together. This is fed to +12 or ground ( I haven't looked). The wattage is a little high. I am guessing 10 to 20 watts. I doubt these will be found at Radio Shack. The ballast resistor in seties to the CHT is another subject.

Mark

If they are not some totally odd ball number than any of the usual suspects* will have nice metal bodied units for about $5 each

*Mouser, Allied, DigiKey
Click to view attachment
bd1308
Miek, thats what you need.

Sorry abotu my mistake on the measurements.

I'll double check tomorrow, I broke my voltmeter/ohmmeter
Mueller
6 Ohms............

I found an assembly in my junk drawer ohmy.gif

Since this one appears to be in good shape, no reason to make one (for now, hahaha)
McMark
Does this mean you're already getting started installing it? mueba.gif
bd1308
you mean 6K ohms?
Mueller
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 20 2006, 08:16 PM) *

you mean 6K ohms?

NO

they are 6 ohms, not 6,000 ohms smile.gif

Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 19 2006, 08:27 AM) *

Hi Mike

I measured 6 to 7 ohms. I thought it was supposed to be higher but that is what I got.

Mark

That's what I measured
bd1308
Wierd. 6 ohms it is.
Bartlett 914
My guess the low value is to prevent a problem in the case of a short. Too high of a resistance and the injector deesn't get enouth power to operate properly. In the case of a short, the current is limited by the resistor. Ohms law gives us 2 amps and 24 watts. The resistor should be 25 watts.

Mark
Mueller
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 21 2006, 06:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 19 2006, 08:27 AM) *

Hi Mike

Mark

That's what I measured

Thanks, I'm happy with those numbers and will go from there.
MartyYeoman
Hi Mike,
I finally got aound to measuring mine.
I got 6.8 Ohms between the common spade and each of the individual spades.
Part numbers on part VW 022 906 079, Bosch 0 280 159 001
Sorry I took so long getting back to you
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.