Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *NEW* 1/24 scale lexan 914 bodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
djm914-6
But, I'll be selling the bodies that I ordered in painted form...
skline
I just bought a case of cars with everything you need from a guy on Ebay. I have 12 of them I am giving out to my clients for Christmas presents. They are pretty good quality and have the adjustable wheelbase. They come with 2 bodies which vary from box to box. The price? I paid $110.00 including shipping for all 12 of them. I bought a really nice Kyosho Cerumo Toyota Supra Mini-Z and it sells for $139.00 at the local Hobby store. This one is not quite as nice but it is way better than the one I bought for $55.00 plus shipping from that other place. The bodies are of equal quality and the chassis is way better than any of the others. With a price of less than $10.00 I would buy these anyday. That is why I am giving them to my clients as gifts this year. They will have fun racing them around the offices. If you guys need more info, let me know. I will pass on the guys name I got them from along with pictures. I just took pictures of the car and was looking closely at them, I can hardly tell any difference between them. As everyone knows, the Kyosho is probably the best out there for this. The ones I just bought for less than $10.00 each is of the same caliber. The parts even fit from the Kyosho to the other one. I will post the pictures in just a few minutes.
skline
Here is the pictures of the 2 cars for comparison. They are both Mini-Z cars and virtually identical. I think one is just a knock off of the Kyosho.
skline
This is also a Kyosho like the one above.
skline
This is the Heipao which I think is almost the same in every detail.
skline
The underside.
VegasRacer
Outstanding. That sounds perfect. Thanks skline.
How do we get in contact with the seller from eBay?
Post his info. here or invite him to offer us a group discount / package deal?
skline
His email address is KUOJUI@aol.com. His Ebay username is Currychili. I will be buying other things from him in the near future. These cars are almost identical to the Kyosho. For 10.00 you cannot go wrong.
VegasRacer
Is this the same as what you got?
LMK? If it is I will contact him directly and see if he is interested in making some sort of a group deal for 914World.com members.

I can already picture a competition at our West Coast Classic in June. MDB2.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
seanery
skline, these bodies will take the 914's 1/24 that demick is getting?

They look cool, I hope so!
skline
That is the guy I got them from. They are the exact same dimensions as the Kyosho. I have not got my 914 body yet as they were just ordered. This is the car I was told works the best with the bodies.
Demick
The HeiPao cars and the Kyosho cars are NOT identical at all!!

Sure, the dimensions are the same, but when it comes to functionality, they are very different.

The Kyosho has digitally porportional steering and throttle, has a rear differential, and goes about twice as fast.

The Heipao has on-off steering, on-off throttle, a solid rear axle, and goes about half as fast (a good thing because of the on/off throttle).

The Kyosho is also fully supported with parts, so anything you break can be replaced (parts available from any local hobby shop that sells them). With the Heipao, if you break a part, you are out of luck.

If you are really just looking for the minimum chassis to stick a body on, then the Heipao will be fine. If you actually want to be able to use and drive it around much, then the Kyosho is the way to go. Of course, the Kyosho costs 10x as much.

In both cases you need to extend the wheelbase by ~1/2 inch to make it fit the 914 bodies. You also have to figure out how to mount the lexan bodies as they cannot be mounted in the same way that they original bodies mount. I will do a writeup about all of this within the next couple of weeks. I will also provide sources for getting the Heipao for ~$17 shipped (generally they are $20-$25 shipped on e-bay). I also have a source for getting an exact copy of the Kyosho version for under $50 shipped - but I don't have any of that handy right now.

Demick
skline
He si correct, the Kyosho is faster than the other one. But I can swap parts between the two. The battery clips and the engine mount are the same and can be swapped out. The front steering is different but I could put the front off the Kyosho on to the Heipao. If you are looking for a cheap alternative, this one will work. By far, the Kyosho is the better car. But as for comparison over the one from the other place wth the pins to hold the body on, it is way better. Just my opinion.
seanery
I'm unpinning this since the order is closed.
Curvie Roadlover
Got my 1/24th RC car for Christmas. Any news on the status of our order?
Demick
No real status, but I am expecting (hoping) that they will arrive in the next week or so.

Demick
Curvie Roadlover
Kewl mueba.gif
jtf914
Just FYI: Here is another option for people looking for 1/28 scale cars. Radio Shack now has 1/28 scale RC cars XMods. They can be modified with different engines, suspension, and even upgraded to 4WD etc.... They run about $50 for the kit. I'm not endorsing them (so don't blame me if they suck), just one more option incase you weren't already confused.

-Justin
Demick
I've looked at those. They have the same basic dimensions as the Kyosho Mini-Z cars. However, they cannot be modified to change the wheelbase like the Mini-Z cars can - so you will not be able to adapt an XMod to be used with one of these 914 bodies.

Demick
hargray2
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Nov 9 2003, 11:48 AM)
do they go like 30 or so?

Not these! 1/10 scale Electric cars reach speeds of 20-35 MPH. Nitro cars are even faster. The 1/24 scale Mini Zs should be able to hit 15-20 with all of the go fast parts, but stock ones are probably only good for about 12 MPH.

I have a tamiya 1/12 scale Toyota Tom's car from the 80's. It has been clocked at over 60 MPH. I was in the bed of my buddy's pickup--at 55 MPH it would easily pass us! I'll never drive it that fast again. They don't make 'em any more and are very hard to find new in box! The
motor, battery and speed control are all modern electronics and were never meant to be used in the car. The motor turns 60,000rpm.

No, I don't run it with the body on it either!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.