Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *NEW* 1/24 scale lexan 914 bodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Demick
OK. There appears to be enough interest in these 1/24 scale lexan 914 bodies from people that did not get them to possibly put together another order. Here's the deal:

- We need a bare minimum of 25 bodies to go forward with this - doesn't matter which style (stock or GT)
- It will take about 8 to 10 weeks to get them, so expect them to come in shortly after Christmas
- Cost each will be $14.50 (slightly higher than before because exchange rate has gotten worse)
- Shipping will be $4.00 for any quantity (USPS priority mail).

If you want in, SIGN UP HERE with quantity and style you want. If we hit 25 or more, then I will collect money (paypal or check), and place the order.If you want in, see payment instructions below...

A bunch of people have already asked to be on a waiting list. I'm ignoring that list. Please sign up here.If you want in, see payment instructions below...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, read up on it in this thread:

1/24 914 body thread

To answer your questions about the source in advance. The bodies are made by a guy in Germany who makes slot car bodies and parts. He does not sell his products to any distributors, so they are only available direct from him. Communication is difficult and slow because he doesn't do e-mail, and of course the language difference. I kept the first order relatively small because I didn't know what I would get (if anything). But everything worked out well and quality was good, so I am happy to pursue this additional order so that anyone who wants one can get one (or how ever many you want).

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

ORDER IS CLOSED:

Last day to sign up for bodies was 11/21. I am taking no further orders. The order with the manufacturer is in process.

CLICK HERE FOR PAYMENT STATUS

OK. Clearly there is enough interest to go forward with this order. No need for anyone to continue to respond to this thread about interest.

So now what I need is for everyone to start paying up front. If you have signed up on this list to get some bodies, it means nothing unless I get payment.

Easiest way is to paypal the money to: demick@yahoo.com
$14.50 per body + $4.00 shipping (single $4 shipping charge no matter how many bodies you order).
Be sure to specify the number and type of body (stock or GT) you are buying in the paypal instructions.

If you prefer to send a check, that is fine - please e-mail me at demick@yahoo.com

Please be advised that I will be unavailable from an e-mail point of view from 11/4 to 11/17. You may continue to make payments through that time period but the spreadsheet will not be updated and I will not be available for questions. Once I return, I will provide an update and get the bodies on order. Current cut-off date for getting in on this order is 11/21.

Demick

note: image below shows painted bodies with wheels, etc. Bodies come unpainted with no wheels, decals, etc. See original thread which shows a picture of how the bodies come.
GaroldShaffer
I would like one of each. Where do I send my
payment huh.gif

- Garold
736conver
I sent you an email for my order. 2 of each please
rick 918-S
I'm in first. GT body. Send me the pay pal info.

Never got the car from the last order. I posted for the guy to send my refund to the korijo paypal fund. Hope it got there. Never did here from him again. I don't care that I didn't get the car. I just hope the money ended up in the van fund. Same deal. If the cars fall through refund my money to the club fund. For whatever cause we get behind.

EDIT: I just received a refund for the GT body from the order last summer.

Thanks E.S., Your the best. I appreciate the effort on the order for the first batch of cars.

I'll include my refund in the next pay pal donation I make.
dakotaewing
I want 2 GT bodies....
Let us how (paypal?) and where you want funds sent...
If you need to add a percentage for paypal fees that is cool with me....

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Thom
jtf914
Sign me up for one of each! beerchug.gif

-Justin
robby750
I would like one non GT model please.
djm914-6
2 stock bodies
2 GT bodies
Kerrys914
One of each for me smile.gif beer.gif

Kerry Herr
VegasRacer
One with flares and one plain.
(and a side of fries)
914MF
driving.gif I would like 2 GT bodies!
cha914
I will take one of each...

Tony
Scott S
Two (2) GT's for me please!
Thanks a million!
markb
One stock one for me, please. Mark
Brad Roberts
This time.. somebody put together a Excel spreadsheet with everyones names on it and a column for paid and one for unpaid.

That way you can keep track and not end up with a "sticker" fiasco.

B
Andy Somnifac
I'll go in for one of each.

Andy
Rouser
One (1) each stock body please ...

Can't wait to get the 2 others!
mikerose
I'll go in for one of each.
Mike Rose

djm914-6 I will need a paint job dance.gif
GWN7
I'm in ...1 of each style
djm914-6
no problem Mike. You're shirt is drawn, just needs paint.
Aaron Cox
1 of each por favor!
Demick
OK. There is obviously plenty of interest to go forward with this order. So there is no need to continue to post to this thread about what you are interested in.

Go back to the first post in this thread. I have added payment instructions there.

Posting what you wanted to this thread only indicated interest, and is now meaningless. The only way to be included in this order is to send payment for what you want.

Demick
djm914-6
Demick, I'll be sending you money tonight. I can't seem to access Paypal from work. huh.gif

Here's an informative site for those who will be painting these bodies themselves... RC Paint Tech

These little cars should be fun to detail up. I bought some nice chrome paint (yup, real chrome, not silver) that will be used on the trim and bumpers. I'll also try to make a mask for stripes and such. I should also finish off the two 1/18 scale 956 bodies some time.
fiid
What car/chassis do you guys recommend sticking under this thing? I never did the R/C car thing......

Fiid.
Demick
QUOTE(fiid @ Oct 30 2003, 03:24 PM)
What car/chassis do you guys recommend sticking under this thing? I never did the R/C car thing......

Fiid.

Read one of the last posts in the original thread:

original thread

There I discuss some of the chassis options.

Demick
Howard
1/10 scale is the hot thing in rc racing. Can you make those? Would look nice as a desk model too.
Demick
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 2 2003, 09:52 PM)
1/10 scale is the hot thing in rc racing. Can you make those? Would look nice as a desk model too.

I'm not making them - just buying them. An order for 1/10 scale bodies (although they were not standard touring car 1/10 size) was attempted, but didn't work out due to bad quality. Mike Mueller is considering making a mold to do 1/10 scale bodies. Talk to him.

Demick
djm914-6
I got my first, up close look at the GT body. This thing is very cool! If you look closely at the back, you can read 914-6 VW Porsche. I am very impressed taht a body of this size shows so much detail. Too bad they didn't add letter to the engine lid.

I haven't yet measured the body, but Kyosho just released a new Mini Z RC car. It comes with an Enzo body and is said to be wider and longer than a normal Mini Z. This may make for a good fit under the 914 bodies. The best part of the new car is that it is mid-engined!

I'll post pics of the paint process as I go.
Curvie Roadlover
I'm anxious to see that
Rouser
I held off quite a while before I posted my findings and made any recommendations.

I did some pavement-beating (OK ... I searched the Internet), looked at all the options, ordered what I felt was a killer deal, and if you want to find the best solution to R/Cing your 1/24-scale 914, order a Dynamite Mini Rocket Racer. This is a 1/24-scale adjustable wheelbase chassis, with on-board electronics so compact the body can be lowered to literally scratch pavement.

For $55 + shipping, you get EVERYTHING, including phase-pistol-looking controller (looks funny, but works like a charm). It all comes assembled; all electronics (ESC, receiver, servo, motor, etc.); I included a modified motor with my order. I also went to Dynamite's U.S. importer Horizon Hobby, Inc. and this car comes with tons of hop-up parts; graphite chassis, bearings, wheels, foamies, motors, etc. I ordered grey aluminum rims (no, Fuchs aren't available). You can put this car on a serious diet a la URY914.

I took the stock 914 body and, without trimming it, the body slipped right on while set to the Porsche GT1's wheelbase. I didn't check to see how the 914-GT looked, but could only assume you could run a slightly wider stance with the built-in flares and foamies.

Now I just gotta breakout my Badger air brush, regulator, and detail paints & brushes. The wife said I was beyond hope, but at least she knows where I am most of the time (the garage).
skline
I wish I would have checked here last night before I bought one on Ebay. I got the Kyosho Cerumo Toyota Supra Mini-Z for $81.00 new. I was only looking for the Kyosho since it is supposed to be the best one for this and had the specs I was looking for. Maybe I will pick up one of these as well. Never hurts to have a spare, right?
Aaron Cox
how fast do these mother's go?
djm914-6
For those who are unfamiluar with these things, make sure you paint them with paints MADE FOR Polycarbonate plastic. Regular "model" paints will just flake off.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(acox914 @ Nov 8 2003, 11:19 AM)
how fast do these mother's go?

do they go like 30 or so?
djm914-6
do they go like 30 or so?

Not these! 1/10 scale Electric cars reach speeds of 20-35 MPH. Nitro cars are even faster. The 1/24 scale Mini Zs should be able to hit 15-20 with all of the go fast parts, but stock ones are probably only good for about 12 MPH. Keep in mind that size makes cars look look much faster. I talked a friend of mine into RC cars, and he bought a Mini Z (GT3 911). He's having a blast racing around in his kitchen and doing donuts. Put a few of these together around a course made of garden hose, and you would never even think about the speeds they go (or don't go).
Andyrew
Demick, Can you add me to the list or is it closed? I'd like to get a GT body'd. When do you want me to paypal you the 18$?
Thanks for doing this. Hopefully I'll be able to learn how to airbrush as fast as I learn how do do any other painting teqniue, Ive been wanting to learn for a while.. (Im a pretty darn good artist).

Thanks

Andrew

wavey.gif
seanery
If it's not too late, I'd like 2 of each!
Demick
Andrew and Seanery (and anyone else who is interested)

Go back and read the first post on this thread. Orders are still being taken and payment instructions are all there. I am currently on vacation so I've been out of the loop, but I'll be back next Monday and will finalize the order.

Demick
skline
I got my mini rocket racer today and I must say, it is the cheapest thing I have seen. I got the Kyosho and it is way better quality and more durable. This mini rocket racer is thin and flimsey and does not look anything like the one in their picture. The shocks dont work as well and it's heavier. It's also not anywhere near as fast. It does have the adjustable wheelbase however. The body goes on by pins through the body out the top. That will look cheesie as opposed to the Kyosho. I dont know, for the money, I think I would go with the Kyosho. I ordered some others also and should get them in the next few days. I will let you know how they all compare. All I need now is my 914 body to fit on it and I will have a little 914 RC car to match my big one.
Howard
skline, you're too tough!!
Howard
does this work?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 15 2003, 11:24 PM)
does this work?

The link works - but no pictures. Just little pizza boxes like this
Rouser
You don't have to mount the body using the pins; I agree, the pins would look cheesy. You make some Lexan L-brackets and attach the body with some velcro on the insides.

You want speed? Stick to 8th, 10th, or 12th scale, if you can find a 914 body. You want a $55, 24th scale, everything-you-need-in-a-box solution for your future copy-cat? Buy the Rocket Racer while supplies last.

I ordered another one and am laying out a road course in my garage. Should make for some side-by-side, neck-and-neck heats between charges.
Demick
I'm back from vacation and am ready to finalize this order. No more orders will be taken after this Friday 11/21, so if you want one, get moving! (go to first post on this thread for all info).

If you have placed your order with me, please check that I have your name on the payment status list and that the # and types are correct:

PAYMENT STATUS

Thanks!
Demick
Aaron Cox
once order is placed...how long till we get them?
Demick
It takes awhile. Expect mid-January.

Demick
Rouser
Does your source offer any other early P-car body styles ... say ... a 904 Carrera GT, 911RS, or 911RSR?
djm914-6
Hey, I just found this car tonight. It looks to be the right size, but I haven't measured the body yet to be sure.

http://h1069760.hobbyshopnow.com/products/...p?prod=ABC62500

IPB Image

I also have a couple of 1/18 scale 956 bodies that came from a company called PTI. Maybe they can make 914 bodies if they knew there was a market.
Rouser
I saw that one also, but it was more of a "pro" solution; a lot more robust, and the price reflects it.

It's basically just a chassis; unless you already have all the other hardware, you'll also need a 2-channel radio, a mini electronic speed control, a mini servo, and a 7.2V 270mAh battery and charger.
Demick
This order for bodies is now closed.

No further orders are being taken.

The order with the manufacturer is now in process.

Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.