Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 AN Fuel Tank Fittings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
As I recall, someone on this list makes -6 AN fittings that thread to the bottom of the fuel tank. I can't seem to locate the source. Anyone?

Thanks,

Andys
neo914-6
Andy,

Racer Chris has them: fittings
GS Guy
Neo - the Racer Chris post indicated replacement fuel lines with AN6, didn't seen anything about the tank fitting?

JWest Engineering used to list this special fitting - don't see it currently on the site? Maybe still offered, just not listed?

Jeff
Van914
I took my fitting to the local shop and they brazed the fitting on for me. About $20 parts included.
Van914
JWest
I'm the one that used to sell them, I don't anymore.
andys
QUOTE(James Adams @ Sep 22 2006, 05:24 AM) *

I'm the one that used to sell them, I don't anymore.

James,

Yeah I thought that you did, but when I didn't see them on your site, I figured it must have been someone else.

Ok then how best to couple up an AN line to the fuel tank? I'm running EFI (LS1 V8), so I need both the feed and return lines. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Andys
andys
QUOTE(andys @ Sep 22 2006, 08:36 AM) *

Ok then how best to couple up an AN line to the fuel tank? I'm running EFI (LS1 V8), so I need both the feed and return lines. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Andys

Anyone?

Thanks,

Andys
d914
already answered...get some larger female(10??) to male -6 and have a radiator shop sweat on... My threads were shot and Jame's product did not work on mine ( already re-sold) got some adapters from the race shop and had them brazed/ sweated or something on the bottom...
andys
QUOTE(d914 @ Sep 25 2006, 02:59 PM) *

already answered...get some larger female(10??) to male -6 and have a radiator shop sweat on... My threads were shot and Jame's product did not work on mine ( already re-sold) got some adapters from the race shop and had them brazed/ sweated or something on the bottom...

I think you suggest soldering fittings directly to the tank? Since I already had my tank flushed and coated, I want to avoid something like this if possible. My tank threads are fine, so a thread-on solution is prefered.

I don't recall where I read this, but someone posted the thread sizes (with pitch) of both the supply and the return fittings on the tank. If I must, I will machine my own, but would prefer to buy something aready made up.

Thanks,
Andys
Van914
Just take your old fittings to a shop and have AN fittings brased on the ends. Worked for me and you can keep the screen too.
Van914
GS Guy
I did something a little different for my VW tank (same fitting as 914) - had a small washer welded to a section of 3/8" tube. The washer fits into the nut that threads on and holds it onto the fuel tank - basically a large-tube version of the stock set-up. A swagelock fitting converts the tube to AN6.
Too bad James doesn't offer the direct AN6 adapter fitting any longer - nice bolt-on solution.
Jeff
turbo914v8
My solution was to use an AN fitting that had male pipe threads on one end. I drilled out the old fitting and tap the holes to accommodate the pipe threaded side of the AN fitting. If you look at that area of the tank is very meaty. I got a good 4 to 6 threads. I used red lock tight just to be sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.