Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't laugh How do I change my oil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
HAHA Yeah I know

Where do I drain the oil from. I see the oil filter so no problem there. Also is there any particular procedure I need to follow with the dry sump system?
ptravnic
Nate - I'm worried. This is your 1063d post and you havn't changed the oil yet? blink.gif
bd1308
I dunno but be prepared for like 9 quarts to come out from the various orifices.
nbscooters
orifices meaning engine and tank.
turboman808
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 22 2006, 11:40 AM) *

Nate - I'm worried. This is your 1063d post and you havn't changed the oil yet? blink.gif

It has fresh oil and I don't drive it much so I haven't bothered. I think I have drove it between 3000-4000 miles so definetly put it off long enough.
bd1308
I put around 7k on mine and just got around to changing the oil

gawd I love the t4, engine runs smooth as silk.
ptravnic
heh, heh, heh poke.gif
Leo Imperial
Hey stop poking fun! The man has a real question. We all have to start somewhere. At least he has the nuts to ask, knowing full and well that he would be knocked down by a bunch of guys who forget that someone took the time to help them in the begining. Helping eachother is why we on this board in the first place!
Now Nate all you have to do is grab a hold of the nut thingy on the bottom of the engine and get someone to turn the car for you. Then turn the car the other way to put it back. Good luck.
maxwelj
The oil line to the tank should have a union type fitting near the driver's rear wheel. You'll need to take the line apart there and let it drain. You'll also need to pull the plug in the bottom of the block. Remember to check the level running after you refill.
michel richard
agree.gif

You drain the oil from two places: 1) the bottom of the engine case, in the middle: there's a drain plug in the middle of a disc-like piece of steel and 2) the union that's in the middle of the oil line that goes from the oil tank to the oil cooler, it's just in front of the left rear wheel.

Most of the oil will be in the tank, and will drain from the oil line, but some of it will have flowed to the engine, hence the need to drain from the engine case.

Plus the oil filter, of course.

HTH.

Rusty
agree.gif

Get the oil change kit, or at a minimum have a fresh crush-washer handy for the drain plug.

If you have a conversion car or an engine with the later style oil pump, you won't have a drain plug. You'll have to remove the entire plate at the bottom of the engine.

Clean off any sludge on the plate.

When was the last time the valves were adjusted? This might be a good time to get it all done at once.

Cheers,
Rusty smoke.gif
URY914
Start with a 1/2" Craftman Power drill with a 1/4" titanum bit.
Jack up the car....

blink.gif

Leo Imperial
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 22 2006, 04:35 PM) *

Start with a 1/2" Craftman Power drill with a 1/4" titanum bit.
Jack up the car....

blink.gif

That's not safe!
You forgot the safety glasses biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Whata buncha maroons.....

Call me, 805-259-7332
Leo Imperial
Nate - bring it on Sunday and we can do it.

Mike your making me feel bad sad.gif
turboman808
I'm stuck at work. I haven't been home in a couple of days. May not make it on SUnday sad.gif
Brando
Take it to jiffy lube!

Just kidding, take michel richard's advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.